2014 Minor League catch all thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All good moves to see. Recchia didn't belong in A+, and I'm interested to see what Lowry brings to the table as a starter.

FYI, talked with Bassitt, he says they are targeting a return around the all star break. Non-baseball injury, but don't know anything beyond that, and didn't want to push the subject.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
All good moves to see. Recchia didn't belong in A+, and I'm interested to see what Lowry brings to the table as a starter.

FYI, talked with Bassitt, he says they are targeting a return around the all star break. Non-baseball injury, but don't know anything beyond that, and didn't want to push the subject.

Really hope Bassitt can come back soon, he's already 25 and in AA, I think it would be huge if he lost a year.

I too am very interested to see Lowry with Kanny. I also want to see Chris Fruedenberg in Kanny at some point this season.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 15, 2014 -> 11:00 AM)
Really hope Bassitt can come back soon, he's already 25 and in AA, I think it would be huge if he lost a year.

I too am very interested to see Lowry with Kanny. I also want to see Chris Fruedenberg in Kanny at some point this season.

That's crappy news about the Hound (Bassitt). Seems like he's attending the Derrick Rose school of slow healing.

Looking forward to seeing how Lowry does at Kanny.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 14, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
I'm fine with him going to High-A. That's not a terribly huge jump. But they better leave him in High-A the rest of the season (barring playoff experiences). Jumping up again to AA in a couple months may be too large a task.

Playoffs!!! Playoffs??

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 16, 2014 -> 01:40 PM)
Terry Doyle gets released. Roster now at 24. Figure Bassitt is back or they call someone up

Bassitt told me he's targeting an ASB return, so not likely him.

Other possibilities... Adam Lopez was targeting May originally, but I doubt they push him straight to to AA. Montas has looked good in A+ but again, seems like a rush. Bucciferro is more age-appropriate in AA but he's been just OK at W-S. McCray is supposedly out for a long time, Cose is gone for the year.

For now, they may just have an AA reliever with some starting history do that for a while.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
Bassitt told me he's targeting an ASB return, so not likely him.

Other possibilities... Adam Lopez was targeting May originally, but I doubt they push him straight to to AA. Montas has looked good in A+ but again, seems like a rush. Bucciferro is more age-appropriate in AA but he's been just OK at W-S. McCray is supposedly out for a long time, Cose is gone for the year.

For now, they may just have an AA reliever with some starting history do that for a while.

Nester Molina...

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:41 PM)
Maybe, though that experiment pretty well failed. They could do that and promote a reliever like Hanson from W-S.

Don't they have 5 starters? Beck, Jaye, Snodgress, McCully, Recchia.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2014 -> 08:47 PM)
That's true, forgot about McCully. Thing is, he's been far better as a reliever than a starter.

I agree with that. They promoted Micah and a reliever, Fuentes. They took a reliever off the DL, Cales, and called up a starter with Recchia. So before Doyle was cut they had 6 starters and maybe McCully was going to the pen.

Edited by MnSoxFan

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 19, 2014 -> 11:29 AM)
Kanny made a series of moves today.

LHP Jose Bautista promoted to Winston-Salem.

RHP Alex Powers activated from the DL

OF Adam Engel to the DL. The injury hasn't been released at this point.

Part of a bunch...

LHP Evan Crawford to DL for BHAM, Bryan Blough promoted from W-S to replace him.

LHP Jose Bautista to W-S to replace Blough, Alex Powers off DL for KAN to replace Bautista

OF Adam Engel to DL for KAN, OF Hunter Jones to replace him

Also interesting, the Sox signed Andre Ramirez (LHP) to a minor league deal. Was the Twins' 2012 6th round pick, had originally been signed over-slot then had his bonus knocked way down due to a shoulder issue they found. Pitched two seasons with pretty lousy results, released in April. He's 20, turns 21 in June.

Stoltz says he's got intriguing stuff, but is very inconsistent.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 19, 2014 -> 10:35 AM)
Also interesting, the Sox signed Andre Ramirez (LHP) to a minor league deal. Was the Twins' 2012 6th round pick, had originally been signed over-slot then had his bonus knocked way down due to a shoulder issue they found. Pitched two seasons with pretty lousy results, released in April. He's 20, turns 21 in June.

Stoltz says he's got intriguing stuff, but is very inconsistent.

Are you talking about Andre Martinez? This is the only video I could find on him, his delivery reminds me of Bronson Arroyo with a high, somewhat exaggerated leg kick. We've had success in the past with these types of transactions before so I guess it's worth a shot, if anything I'm encouraged that they're taking these kinds of risks in the minors.

QUOTE (Bruce_Blixton @ May 19, 2014 -> 01:29 PM)
Are you talking about Andre Martinez? This is the only video I could find on him, his delivery reminds me of Bronson Arroyo with a high, somewhat exaggerated leg kick. We've had success in the past with these types of transactions before so I guess it's worth a shot, if anything I'm encouraged that they're taking these kinds of risks in the minors.

LOL, yes, that's him. Got his name wrong, thanks for fixing. I had it right on the FS tweet, got it wrong here.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2014 -> 03:51 PM)
Seth Lakso ‏@SethLakso 16m

The #cltknights have Tyler Saladino taking fly balls in centerfield and right during batting practice today. #WhiteSox

Good. I like the skill set and he's the kind of guy who could have a lot of value coming off a big league bench.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 21, 2014 -> 04:03 PM)
Good. I like the skill set and he's the kind of guy who could have a lot of value coming off a big league bench.

Yeah, he makes sense to turn into a utility guy, so now Sanchez and Johnson can play full time in the middle infield.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 23, 2014 -> 03:14 PM)
White Sox MiLB affiliates now have the worst winning percentage among MLB organizations at .396.

And Kannapolis is the lone semi-bright spot, which most would not have predicted entering the season.

And tonight the 4 pitchers going for the Sox org are a combined 0-13

QUOTE (MnSoxFan @ May 23, 2014 -> 12:35 PM)
And tonight the 4 pitchers going for the Sox org are a combined 0-13

Yeah but Ortiz and Lowry are intriguing arms, and Lowry's had one start - and has a 1.80 ERA. Jaye still has potential too.