2014 Minor League catch all thread

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 16, 2014 -> 02:17 PM)
Great Falls roster is up now, with a lot of 2014 picks on it. No AZL Sox roster yet.

We'll have a GF preview soonish.

Ethan Wilson, Dane Opel and Matt Lane start on DL. Nick Parent and Nick Blount are both on the restricted list due to their PED suspensions.

Thanks for the link, I'm excited to see what Matt Ball and Toby Thomas do this year.

FutureSox.com ‏@FutureSox 6m

C Omar Narvaez to @WSDashBaseball from KAN, OF Adam Heisler activated from DL, INF Nick Basto to W-S from Ext ST, OF Keenyn Walker to DL.

FutureSox.com ‏@FutureSox 4m

RHP Myles Jaye, C Martin Medina to @BhamBarons from W-S. INF Michael Johnson, OF Joe DePinto released.

Brett Austin to Kanny.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 06:24 PM)
CJ Wittmann ‏@CJWittJr 1h

I love Tim Anderson's end game profile. Don't love his reactions off the bat at SS but hands are always in sync. Electric. #whitesox

This is sort of encouraging?

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 18, 2014 -> 06:27 PM)
This is sort of encouraging?

I had this brief conversation with CJ earlier.

CJ Wittmann ‏@CJWittJr 3h

I love Tim Anderson's end game profile. Don't love his reactions off the bat at SS but hands are always in sync. Electric. #whitesox

Reply 3 Retweet 1 Favorite

James Fox ‏@JamesFox917 2h

@CJWittJr Do you think it's at 2B though? Brandon Phillips type upside or not that much power?

Reply Retweet Favorite Delete

CJ Wittmann ‏@CJWittJr 2h

@JamesFox917 I do and yes; a Brandon Phillips type profile was my comp for Anderson actually.

CJ Wittmann ‏@CJWittJr 2h

@JamesFox917 Anderson has plus raw and generates a lot of backspin; ball jumps off of his bat. I think he will have that type of power.

Can we talk about Joey Gallo for a second?

Between A+ and AA, he is hitting .320 with 25 HR with 60 BB in 58 games this season. His OBP is .463. His OPS is 1.198. He just got promoted to AA, has only played 9 games there, and has 4 HR and 10 RBI. I mean, this guy is homering every 8.6 AB.

I know everyone is riding Kris Bryant's dick, and Bryant has done his dirty work in AA the entire year, but s*** man, Gallo is nearly 2 full years younger. He is going to be a top 10 prospect in baseball next year.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 01:01 AM)
Can we talk about Joey Gallo for a second?

Between A+ and AA, he is hitting .320 with 25 HR with 60 BB in 58 games this season. His OBP is .463. His OPS is 1.198. He just got promoted to AA, has only played 9 games there, and has 4 HR and 10 RBI. I mean, this guy is homering every 8.6 AB.

I know everyone is riding Kris Bryant's dick, and Bryant has done his dirty work in AA the entire year, but s*** man, Gallo is nearly 2 full years younger. He is going to be a top 10 prospect in baseball next year.

The primary concern with Gallo is a 32.3% K% thus far in the minors with no real signs of slowing down.

Just looking at the numbers, I think his game compares favorably to Adam Dunn, which is not a bad thing at all, just that I'm not sure he's a top 10 prospect.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 09:11 AM)
The primary concern with Gallo is a 32.3% K% thus far in the minors with no real signs of slowing down.

Just looking at the numbers, I think his game compares favorably to Adam Dunn, which is not a bad thing at all, just that I'm not sure he's a top 10 prospect.

Unless he has moved positions, he's still a 2B, right?

An Adam Dunn bat that can play even semi-competent 2B is a BIG value player.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 19, 2014 -> 09:20 AM)
Unless he has moved positions, he's still a 2B, right?

An Adam Dunn bat that can play even semi-competent 2B is a BIG value player.

3B right now, but that comes with a career .920 fielding percentage (though that's been improving)

I thought he played 1B, so that's my bad. I think the thought is that he'll eventually have to move to 1B, or at least that's what I've read. If he can stick at 3B, then he can strike out like that so long as he continues to hit with that much power.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 10:10 AM)
FYI, the Adopt-A-Prospect forum has been cleaned up and updated. All 2014 Draft Picks other than Jake Peter remain available, along with some other intriguing prospects. Go in there and take one or two! If you have one or a few, update 'em!

What's the responsibility of adopting a prospect out of curiosity?

QUOTE (southside hitman @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 10:12 AM)
What's the responsibility of adopting a prospect out of curiosity?

The forum has pinned/closed threads that explain it. But basically, you "adopt" some prospect in the system, create a thread in the APP forum for said player, but in some useful info (see some examples linked in a closed thread to see what I mean, as a template, but do it however you want to), and update the thread every so often with interesting updates about that prospect. No big deal.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
The forum has pinned/closed threads that explain it. But basically, you "adopt" some prospect in the system, create a thread in the APP forum for said player, but in some useful info (see some examples linked in a closed thread to see what I mean, as a template, but do it however you want to), and update the thread every so often with interesting updates about that prospect. No big deal.

Except for the part about electric shock if you don't update every so often.

AZL roster has the pitchers filled in so far. A couple new names on there so far:

--RHP Lucas Shearrow as NDFA, from Rockford, has a pretty funny LinkedIn page if you want to see it. Pitched for SEMO, some JuCo ball, had TJS.

--RHP Tanner Mendonca, 17th rd pick by MIN last year. Pitched in rookie ball for them, had massive control issues.

Also at least some DSL guys on there already: Victor Done, Luis Martinez, Yelmison Peralta.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)
AZL roster has the pitchers filled in so far. A couple new names on there so far:

--RHP Lucas Shearrow as NDFA, from Rockford, has a pretty funny LinkedIn page if you want to see it. Pitched for SEMO, some JuCo ball, had TJS.

--RHP Tanner Mendonca, 17th rd pick by MIN last year. Pitched in rookie ball for them, had massive control issues.

Also at least some DSL guys on there already: Victor Done, Luis Martinez, Yelmison Peralta.

Shearrow should be strictly a bullpen guy.. I was unimpressed by him when he was asked to start early in the year last year at SEMO. But when he was moved to the bullpen he went on a really good run.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 20, 2014 -> 12:47 PM)

Seems it was just updated again a bit ago.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t...os&cid=1997

Adolfo is indeed on the roster.