2014 Minor League catch all thread

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 12:24 AM)
I remember last winter, TUC and I had gone back and forth over Sale. I said that for a big haul I would deal Sale in a heartbeat and TUC disagreed big time. Now that Q has solidified himself behind Sale in the rotation and with the Sox having Rodon to add to those guys, it would take a haul likely never seen in MLB history for me to go along with the idea. I look back and laugh how TUC and I went back and forth, I miss that dude and hope he comes back soon now that the seasons over.

Oh man you are not kidding! Seems every cub fan I come across wants to talk to me about cub prospects like I know them intimately and actually give a s***. They are oblivious even when my Sox hat is staring straight at them! Its cool to see cub fans have guys to get excited over but I really only give a s*** about the Sox and what they have to get excited about as indicated by the SOX on my hat. ;)

as you said the rtn is unimaginable. what team will be able to trade or even

have that much talent to make such a trade????

sCrubs fan >>> no comment.

ahh screw it. your problem was assuming a sCrub fan is intelligent enuf to

understand what you were talking about.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 07:03 PM)
Not just Montas. Add Danish, Adams, and Luis Martinez to that mix as well. Best the pitching in the system has been in a loooong time.

Danish, yes, but Adams and Martinez are down the line a bit. I'm excited for them too but they are still in rookie ball with a long road ahead of them yet. Nevertheless they are still worth getting excited over.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Oct 31, 2014 -> 05:24 PM)
I remember last winter, TUC and I had gone back and forth over Sale. I said that for a big haul I would deal Sale in a heartbeat and TUC disagreed big time. Now that Q has solidified himself behind Sale in the rotation and with the Sox having Rodon to add to those guys, it would take a haul likely never seen in MLB history for me to go along with the idea. I look back and laugh how TUC and I went back and forth, I miss that dude and hope he comes back soon now that the seasons over.

Oh man you are not kidding! Seems every cub fan I come across wants to talk to me about cub prospects like I know them intimately and actually give a s***. They are oblivious even when my Sox hat is staring straight at them! Its cool to see cub fans have guys to get excited over but I really only give a s*** about the Sox and what they have to get excited about as indicated by the SOX on my hat. ;)

Where did TUC go?

QUOTE (oldsox @ Nov 1, 2014 -> 09:42 AM)
Where did TUC go?

If I remember right he took a brake from this place. Some posters can be out right dicks if you think outside the box. He did mention something about coming back in the off season at some point, I hope he does. This place could use some more unconventional thinking. A lot of times all you see is sports writers ideas regurgitated.

The White Sox have released a whole slew of minor leaguers...

RHPs Matt Abramson, Brandon Hardin, Jamie Patterson, David Putman, Juan Ramirez, Anthony Santiago, Charlie Sharrer, Kevin Vance

LHPs Jose Bautista, Jeff McKenzie

INFs Cody Yount, Dan Wagner, Grant Buckner

OFs Patrick Palmeiro, Chevy Clarke, Michael Earley, Carl Thomore, Adam Heisler, Sam Macias

Mostly not surprising. Abramson has a big live fastball and wasn't around long, thought they may have stuck with him a little longer. Putnam had a nice breaking ball. Vance has had some success over the years. Michael Earley performed reasonably well with the bat and was a good defender, thought they'd keep him around as a 4th OF in the higher levels.

Hardin and Vance have even gotten votes in our T25 at points along the way, though neither was ever ranked.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)

RHPs Matt Abramson, Brandon Hardin, Jamie Patterson, David Putman, Juan Ramirez, Anthony Santiago, Charlie Sharrer, Kevin Vance

OFs Patrick Palmeiro, Chevy Clarke, Michael Earley, Carl Thomore, Adam Heisler, Sam Macias

Mostly not surprising. Abramson has a big live fastball and wasn't around long, thought they may have stuck with him a little longer. Putnam had a nice breaking ball. Vance has had some success over the years. Michael Earley performed reasonably well with the bat and was a good defender, thought they'd keep him around as a 4th OF in the higher levels.

Hardin and Vance have even gotten votes in our T25 at points along the way, though neither was ever ranked.

None surprised me as well.

Abramson does have a live fastball with great movement, but the games that Kanny was on tv, he would leave everything high and get shelled. Which led to his 5+ era.

Vance just hasn't put a season together the last 2 years.

The rest are MiLB fillers.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)

Hardin was the only guy I was disappointed to see on that list, but IIRC, he had a pretty major injury that derailed him, no?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 10:11 AM)
Hardin was the only guy I was disappointed to see on that list, but IIRC, he had a pretty major injury that derailed him, no?

He missed time this year with minor injuries, but nothing that was a major problem from anything I understood. Maybe you are thinking of the Bears player by the same name?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2014 -> 04:22 PM)

vance and putman are the surprises for me. too bad.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 05:35 AM)
Kiley McDaniel's extension prospect list for the Sox should be coming out soon. He put the Cubs one out like 2 weeks ago and the Sox are on deck.

when the sox comes out, is there a way I can asked If you post it.

I just wouldn't know when it comes out.

many thanks.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 4, 2014 -> 05:58 AM)
when the sox comes out, is there a way I can asked If you post it.

I just wouldn't know when it comes out.

many thanks.

Don't worry, I'll be starting a new thread for it. Kiley had a prospect chat yesterday and he said the Sox list will be out sometime during next week.

Speaking of that chat, he answered some White Sox prospect related questions....

Comment From Guest

Montas looking, er, pitching-wise like a SP or still likely a RP?

12:55

Kiley McDaniel: Probably RP, but still has a chance to figure it out.

Comment From george rr martin

how big of a concern is Tim Anderson’s plate discipline?

12:56

Kiley McDaniel: I’m not too concerned. I’d like to see him make some adjustments, but he barely played baseball as an amateur and the tools are absurd.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 03:57 AM)
Don't worry, I'll be starting a new thread for it. Kiley had a prospect chat yesterday and he said the Sox list will be out sometime during next week.

Speaking of that chat, he answered some White Sox prospect related questions....

Comment From Guest

Montas looking, er, pitching-wise like a SP or still likely a RP?

12:55

Kiley McDaniel: Probably RP, but still has a chance to figure it out.

Comment From george rr martin

how big of a concern is Tim Anderson’s plate discipline?

12:56

Kiley McDaniel: I’m not too concerned. I’d like to see him make some adjustments, but he barely played baseball as an amateur and the tools are absurd.

too bad no one asked him about how far away he is and what was his opinion

on his defense.

QUOTE (beautox @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 04:40 AM)
I did, I submitted it and didn't get a response.

thanks that prob took some nerve - way to go.

ummmm anyone can read into that lack of response. did he get

something not to say on certain things, did the front office gave

him instructions, was it so bad (his D) that he didn't want to say

anything?

I am sure more can be read it his lack of an answer.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 06:03 AM)
thanks that prob took some nerve - way to go.

ummmm anyone can read into that lack of response. did he get

something not to say on certain things, did the front office gave

him instructions, was it so bad (his D) that he didn't want to say

anything?

I am sure more can be read it his lack of an answer.

No. Nothing can be read into it. He just didn't choose to answer it. His defense will be fine. Not great. Not terrible. But his offense will carry him. Seeing Anderson at some point in 2016 is realistic.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Nov 9, 2014 -> 05:48 PM)
No. Nothing can be read into it. He just didn't choose to answer it. His defense will be fine. Not great. Not terrible. But his offense will carry him. Seeing Anderson at some point in 2016 is realistic.

either way it is good to another top 100 in the system.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 8, 2014 -> 09:10 PM)
too bad no one asked him about how far away he is and what was his opinion

on his defense.

His opinion on the defense is going to be the same as anybody else's - he needs time. He has the tools to do so, but he needs more reps. Looking into his defense when he just barely cracked the AA lineup is silly. It's something he needs to improve, but you really don't need to worry about at this point in time.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 06:00 PM)
His opinion on the defense is going to be the same as anybody else's - he needs time. He has the tools to do so, but he needs more reps. Looking into his defense when he just barely cracked the AA lineup is silly. It's something he needs to improve, but you really don't need to worry about at this point in time.

what is your problem today.... or with me. you mean I can't ask any question

with your ok. ....... DAVERS,

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 10, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
what is your problem today.... or with me. you mean I can't ask any question

with your ok. ....... DAVERS,

It's not worth being worried about right now. It's a concern and he'll need to show improvement, but suggesting a positional change at this point in his career is just silly. It'd be like suggesting Montas or Danish move to the bullpen because they don't have the requisite secondary pitch at this point in their careers.

There's no need to get snippy. You've continually harped on Anderson's defense and the response has always been "he needs more time." You can't make a conclusion that a guy is unfit for a position after a year and a half of professional experience.

IF a positional change does come about, it's going to be to the outfield. He's struggled with fielding and making throws across the infield, but never lateral range or quickness in the field. Knowing that, moving him to 3B, where the throw is longer and the balls come in faster, would be an unmitigated disaster.