2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jul 8, 2014 -> 12:52 PM)
Ha, my dad was actually at that wedding (assuming you're talking about Ozzie Jr) and said he wanted to ask Reinsdorf about Melo, but chose not to. Said the buzz was that he was staying with the Knicks though.

Yessir. Apparently someone did ask.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 11:09 PM)
sheridanhoops: LeBron-to-Cavs news will eventually post on http://t.co/UWcnreYIe0. Nat'l media being fed misinformation. I stand by my source & story 100%.

Sheridan said his sources say there’s a “90 percent” chance of James going back to the Cavaliers

SO WAIT NOW HE'S 100% SURE? LOLZ

I still don't buy that all these guys opted out of their contracts simply with the hopes that Lebron would come back.

David Aldridge @daldridgetnt · 3h

Told strongly that Chris Bosh hasn't made any contingency decision w/Rockets, & "whatever is being reported in that regard is simply false.

Power move by Lebron if he leaves. Heal all the wounds in Cleveland and gain back the respect from people who claimed he shouldn't be ring grabbing when this is an even bigger ring grab than before. I just don't see how he's going to f*** his friend wade over, no way he opts out of 40 mill without assurances from Lebron.

I can't even be mad at Lebron for ring grabbing considering I just wanted Melo to leave 60 mill on the table to ring grab.

Edited by kev211

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23420...rade-For-Boozer

Sources indicate that the Chicago Bulls hope to pursue a sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers involving Pau Gasol and the expiring contract of Carlos Boozer.

The window to use the amnesty provision on Boozer officially started on Wednesday night.

By trading Boozer in a deal for Gasol, the Bulls would keep their exceptions to target players such as possibly Nikola Mirotic, Trevor Ariza, Shawn Marion, Kirk Hinrich and Ramon Sessions. It is unlikely that a deal with Gasol would be longer than three years.

Gasol is reportedly considering the Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs and Lakers in addition to the Bulls.

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 12:11 PM)
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23420...rade-For-Boozer

Sources indicate that the Chicago Bulls hope to pursue a sign-and-trade with the Los Angeles Lakers involving Pau Gasol and the expiring contract of Carlos Boozer.

The window to use the amnesty provision on Boozer officially started on Wednesday night.

By trading Boozer in a deal for Gasol, the Bulls would keep their exceptions to target players such as possibly Nikola Mirotic, Trevor Ariza, Shawn Marion, Kirk Hinrich and Ramon Sessions. It is unlikely that a deal with Gasol would be longer than three years.

Gasol is reportedly considering the Oklahoma City Thunder, San Antonio Spurs and Lakers in addition to the Bulls.

Via K.C. Johnson/Chicago Tribune

for me, I would like to keep the option of the amnesty for something in the future, just in case.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:27 AM)
for me, I would like to keep the option of the amnesty for something in the future, just in case.

We can only use it on Boozer or Noah. So yeah only Boozer. Need to use it now or it's gone.

As for Gasol, just don't really see the need for the Bulls to spend big money on a pf. Old one at that. They need a wing or shooting guard.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:31 AM)
We ca only use it on Boozer or Noah. So yeah only Boozer. Need to use it now or it's gone.

As for Gasol, just don't really see the need for the Bulls to spend big money on a pf. Old one at that. They need a wing or shooting guard.

I thought Noahs deal came after the new CBA was signed?

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 9, 2014 -> 09:34 PM)
Laugh all you want, the vacuum created by the Heat's demise will put the Bulls with a healthy Rose, Pacers, Wizards and Raptors in position to take the East before the Cavs get their s*** down and dominate the rest of the decade.

I can't believe you guys think LeBron can lead a bunch of young guys who've never even been in the playoffs and now they're supposed to be favorites. It'll take them a year or two, and that's going with the premise that their new coach, who's never coached in the NBA, can actually coach on this level.

I can't believe you guys can't see the question marks.

By the time the playoffs start, the Cavs would have played 82 regular season games, however many preseason games, and countless hours of practice. They'll have meshed. I mean, LeBron was in Miami for 4 years and over the last 4 years, the Eastern Conference representative has been the Miami Heat. That's not a coincidence.

Basically, the [City] [LeBron's] are the favorite to reach the NBA Finals in the [Direction] Conference.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
Cowley says LeBron most likely staying in Miami and that Bulls were runner up in the Melo sweepstakes. Tweets from last night but haven't been posted here so just passing the info.

Also, please someone remember who I am.