2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 04:53 PM)
The problem, of course, is that SlamBall is dead.

You take that back.

On a side note, I actually played slamball once and it was one of the most exhausting things I've ever done. Ridiculously fun though.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
I'm obviously no scout. But from what I've seen, he's got more to his game than just freakish hops/athleticism.

Yes, would have been great had he showed it in a lower level.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)

He did. At least early in the year. He'll have much more freedom to display his skills in the nba as college basketball sucks and the coaches micro-manage everything. He's got the perfect blend of length/athleticism to be a sick defensively as well.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 01:50 PM)
So Kobe turned 36 yesterday. I still remember watching live the 1997 slam dunk contest that he went on to win. Nineteen f***ing ninety seven!!! Unbelievable how time flies and I feel old as f***. #depressed

It is what it is, man.

#selfie

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 24, 2014 -> 06:15 PM)
Can't imagine the Wolves doing much better than they did in that deal.

Might even have to go to a few games this year. They have dirt cheap tickets ($5-$10) on Wednesday nights.

Definitely. This is definitely the most even trade I've seen for a superstar.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 22, 2014 -> 05:05 PM)

Gotta love writing off 19-year old kids that have never played a game in the NBA! #analysis

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
Oh snap. #thereturn. Hey, felix, how do you feel about the wolves' long-term potential at the moment?

Too early to say. I'd like to think it's bright, but given how young this roster is, it's going to take a few years to see what we've really got. Our entire re-re-re-re-re-re-rebuild relies on one of the key guys we added this offseason (mainly Wiggins or LaVine) turning into a star which is unlikely for any 19-year old kid, but given the situation we were in entering the offseason, it's a gamble that probably needed to be taken.