2014-2015 NBA thread

• Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 12:39 AM)
Yeah, that isn't what happened at all. Complete bulls*** play by Olynyk.

Ya I probably should have watched the replay before I commented on that. At first only saw a picture and a caption that made Love look bad.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 01:12 AM)
Ya I probably should have watched the replay before I commented on that. At first only saw a picture and a caption that made Love look bad.

foot-in-mouth.png

Kelly obviously watched Rousey at WrestleMania.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
Nothing official yet. But I'm hearing/reading Love could miss at least two weeks. This combined with what will no doubt be at least a 1-game suspension for (what a f***ing idiot) J. R. Smith gives the Bulls absolutely no excuse not to beat Cleveland.

It's not like they have the best player on the planet or anything.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 06:34 AM)
The Bulls played so terribly and still only lost because of a last second defensive breakdown. I'm annoyed they couldn't close the deal, but oh well

The ball security is probably the one thing I have consistently griped about on this forum. It sickens me how poorly we are and how careless a lot of our turnovers are. All this said, It is clear why the Bucks were one of the top rated defensive teams. They are long and play fantastic d. Bulls better have learned that they can't just coast (they kind of did the past two games and got away with it in 1 and almost in the 2nd game). How about a nice victory in game 5 and than lets get some rest before playing the Cavs (and hopefully taking our game to another level...as we are going to have to play better each and every series). If we play like we did against the Bucks, we lose the series, imo.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 08:37 AM)
Coming out of the huddle of the last play of the Bulls game, I asked out loud why Derrick Rose was on the floor for a defensive possession at the end of the game.

I am still waiting for my answer. Dude didn't even get screened. He just lost Mayo. Embarrassingly bad.

Would you want to have Brooks out there? Rose is a good defensive player. His lapses are when he zones out, which he evidently did right there. Our team defense is absurdly better when he is on the floor vs. off the floor.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 26, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
Nothing official yet. But I'm hearing/reading Love could miss at least two weeks. This combined with what will no doubt be at least a 1-game suspension for (what a f***ing idiot) J. R. Smith gives the Bulls absolutely no excuse not to beat Cleveland.

I still think the Cavs are the favorites and I hope Love plays. If we are going to win I want to beat every team at its best. That said, I really want to win a title, but first things first, we need to get the Bucks tonight.

I'm scared...I keep thinking to my post when the Cavs acquired JR Smith and how I said he's going to end up beating us because he saw everyone on ST laughing at how the Cavs got him and he's going to tell us all what is up and go on one of his crazy hot streaks for a series (just nailing 3's like crazy)...however, we can hope that it is only on the practice floor while he's dealing with his suspension!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 12:39 AM)
Yeah, that isn't what happened at all. Complete bulls*** play by Olynyk.

Honestly, I think the only reason it looks so dirty is because we know he was injured. The idea that he was like "I'll pull his shoulder out of its socket!" just seems ridiculous to me. That time of arm grabbing happens all the time with bigs.

DOn't get me wrong, I know it sucks for Love. Do I think Olynik pulled his arm? duh, absolutely. Do I think it was with the intention of hurting him, and not in the toddler after punching his baby sister in the face "I didn't mean to hurt her" kind of way? No. I think they were fighting in the post by grabbing each others arms and Love's shoulder popped out.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
Kevin Love ruled out for the 2nd round, not sure if that helps Bulls any..

I'm interested to see how many games JR Smith will be suspended.

If they lose JR and Love for more than 2 games, it gives the Bulls a good chance at winning the series. Without JR and Love, they won't be able to stretch the floor as well. The Cavs' crazy 3 point shooting has helped them win against the Bulls this year.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Apr 27, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
Agreed, Rose took blame for last game, I expect him to come out firing on all cylinders today!

Hopefully he's playing lock down defense and aggressive offense and not just firing long shots like crazy.