Game Thread- Sox @ Tigers 12:10 PM CT

Jose Abreu

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 01:41 PM)
If Danks, Beckham, Viciedo and Dunn are all still here after today I'm going to do a big cry

I think you're a fave to shed some tears. Let em flow. I might join ya.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:00 PM)
2:59 Flowers K's that is how I feel about Hahn right now.

It takes 2 to tango. It is funny, all these White Sox players supposedly suck so bad, yet Rick Hahn fails because other teams trying to win, don't want them.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:02 PM)
It takes 2 to tango. It is funny, all these White Sox players supposedly suck so bad, yet Rick Hahn fails because other teams trying to win, don't want them.

It is the same s*** every year 100 threads about Sox trading at deadline and very seldom do they even make a trade.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:04 PM)
It is the same s*** every year 100 threads about Sox trading at deadline and very seldom do they even make a trade.

They usually do something. It's just their inventory of players to trade aren't game or team changers and there really is no urgency to trade them without exposing them to waivers. Who knows , these guys might play a little better and make themselves more attractive to teams in a week or 2. But right now, salary relief is probably the best you could expect, so why should the Sox bother?

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 31, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
What sucks is that losing smyly doesn't matter becuase he's replaced with price and doesn't hurt losing Jackson either. Didn't hurt their major league team. Athletics had to lose cespedes.

Rays weren't going to take Cespesdes' fairly expensive contract and deal with his impeding free agency in a year. They don't have the money to retain him.

That's why the A's didn't get Price.

Cespedes is a much better piece now than Franklin or Smyly ever will be.

And honestly, Smyly is not any better than Tommy Milone.