Hahn- Deal could happen before Aug 31

southsider2k5

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 04:45 PM)
Wayne Randazzo ‏@WayneRandazzo 2m

Hahn: There is a possibility for waiver deals to happen before August 31. #WhiteSox

Hahn: There is a possibility you may fall off a skateboard while riding it. #skate4life

Hahn: There is a possibility you will see squirrels burying nuts before September 31. #DeezNutz

Hahn: There is a possibility that children will pick their nose and eat the boogers. #Digging4Gold

Rick Hahn also noted that next year, a group of college and high-school aged players will be made available to the White Sox through a process he described as a draft. However, he cautioned that those players might not be ready for big league level competition and thus might be sent to other teams filled with young and non-big-league-quality baseball players to practice and improve at the game prior to arrival on the White Sox.

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 11m

White Sox expect 5-8 players to be Sept. call-ups.

Carlos Rodon

Josh Phegley

Taylor Thompson

Carlos Sanchez

Marcus Semien

Andre Rienzo

Matt Davidson

Andy Wilkins

Jared Mitchell

Those are my guesses.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 02:54 PM)
Rick Hahn also noted that next year, a group of college and high-school aged players will be made available to the White Sox through a process he described as a draft. However, he cautioned that those players might not be ready for big league level competition and thus might be sent to other teams filled with young and non-big-league-quality baseball players to practice and improve at the game prior to arrival on the White Sox.

The fact that he happened to specifically comment on a trade, is news worthy and could be an indicator something might just happen. Albeit, probably something minimal like the Sox saving one months worth of Beckham or Dunn's pay.

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 11m

Hahn on Flowers: "I would certainly say that he can be an everyday catcher on a winning team"

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 10m

Hahn praised Flowers defense and handling of the pitching staff above all

I agree with this. If he can manage to hit 240-250 with 10+ HRs with what Hahn said, I don't mind. This will let Hahn address the bullpen, another starter and a lefty bat instead of wasting assets on a catcher.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 06:52 PM)
Which contender isn't hanging up on Hahn as soon as he mentions Konerko?

LOL was thinking the same. Yes, his 639 OPS and awful defense at 1B is exactly what we need to put us over the top!

Interesting that Dunn and Beckham are both off today although against the lefty Chen it makes some sense for Dunn to sit.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 11:44 PM)
Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 11m

Hahn on Flowers: "I would certainly say that he can be an everyday catcher on a winning team"

Scott Merkin ‏@scottmerkin 10m

Hahn praised Flowers defense and handling of the pitching staff above all

I agree with this. If he can manage to hit 240-250 with 10+ HRs with what Hahn said, I don't mind. This will let Hahn address the bullpen, another starter and a lefty bat instead of wasting assets on a catcher.

besides his batting avg, how will you rate flowers defense and handling of the pitching staff.

just curious. no offense.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
besides his batting avg, how will you rate flowers defense and handling of the pitching staff.

just curious. no offense.

I'll chime in here... Average.

At present he's replaceable - no flipping doubt a contending team could do better.

That said I do feel he has room to improve.

How's that for non-committal drivel?

Edited by hi8is

QUOTE (hi8is @ Aug 21, 2014 -> 12:11 AM)
I'll chime in here... Average.

At present he's replaceable - no flipping doubt a conte ring team could do better.

That said I do feel he has room to improve.

How's that for non-committal drivel?

with you, should I expect anything less. :lol: :D