2014 Fantasy Football Thread

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 03:56 PM)
I don't think Cam has any less weapons than hes had in the past, bottom line is hes been a top 5 fantasy QB every year hes been in the league. I wouldn't feel too bad about him.

This. Everyone is down on Cam every year and then boom, top 5 player. In leagues where passing TDs are only 4 points, he's even more valuable.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 01:56 PM)
I don't think Cam has any less weapons than hes had in the past, bottom line is hes been a top 5 fantasy QB every year hes been in the league. I wouldn't feel too bad about him.

I definitely know that. I've had him a couple different times and always got great value for him. I just am not as high on him as other "value" QBs given his bum ankle, which I think is going to really limit his rushing ability, which drives a lot of his fantasy value. I think Kap, from what I"ve seen, is an extreme value pick in most leagues. Seems like a lot of people are heavily discounting him and I think he's a guy who has potential to have a great season and can't see him being bad (other then if he's hurt and misses games), given the value his rushing yards will have.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:10 PM)
Cam is so feast or famine though. At least it feels like it. Some games he'll get 6-7 points for 2-3 weeks, then get 48 with 3 rushing tds and suddenly it all averages out.

I tend to use Cam based upon match-ups (or what I've historically done). He's not my everyday starter. I usually play him against mediocre to poor teams and then against good teams, I look at my 2nd QB or waiver wire for a preferential match-up against a bad D as historically (based upon my opinion from when he's been on my team) he tends to struggle against the better defenses in the league. I think that can be said for a lot of the good, not great fantasy QB's in this league.

A few friends wanted to put together a league for fun (loser has to post some sort of pic to facebook)....Waited far to long on RBs so I just drafted a s*** ton of em.

QB- Cutler

WR- Bryant

WR- Cobb

RB- Vereen

RB- Tate

TE- Graham

Flex- Allen

Flex- Bell

D- Denver

K- Novak

WR- Tate, Hunter

RB- MJD, P. Thomas, F. Jackson, West

No backup TE/QB cuz you guys told me not to lol.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 02:49 PM)
Maybe I am misunderstanding what leaguesafe is/does. Does it only take care of the money part? Or is it a fantasy league site as well? Fanball was an alternate to ESPN/Yahoo for me, and actually had a tab where I could track the money with the owners. And if they didnt pay, i could lock their team so they couldnt access it.

Ya leaguesafe is strictly for securing payments. It doesnt tie into your league at all. So you will still need to set up a free league on yahoo or espn and then just use leaguesafe for the payments.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 08:51 PM)
A few friends wanted to put together a league for fun (loser has to post some sort of pic to facebook)....Waited far to long on RBs so I just drafted a s*** ton of em.

QB- Cutler

WR- Bryant

WR- Cobb

RB- Vereen

RB- Tate

TE- Graham

Flex- Allen

Flex- Bell

D- Denver

K- Novak

WR- Tate, Hunter

RB- MJD, P. Thomas, F. Jackson, West

No backup TE/QB cuz you guys told me not to lol.

Nice team, PPR I assume?

QUOTE (TRU @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 10:58 PM)
Nice team, PPR I assume?

Indeed. I think this team is gonna be the one I have the most questions about on here with all those RBs. Example, even though I drafted Tate and MJD before Thomas, I think I like Thomas a little better in a PPR. Esp. with Sproles gone. I'm debating who to start this week.

Hindsight that kinda sounds dumb.

Edited by scs787

Did my first and only draft this year. No prep or research, I'm far too lazy. Had the 7th pick, 10 team league.

7 Calvin Johnson, Det WR

14 Dez Bryant, Dal WR

27 Zac Stacy, StL RB

34 Frank Gore, SF RB

47 Vernon Davis, SF TE

54 Terrance Williams, Dal WR

67 Torrey Smith, Bal WR

74 Ray Rice, Bal RB

87 Tony Romo, Dal QB

94 Wes Welker, Den WR

107 Andy Dalton, Cin QB

114 Kyle Rudolph, Min TE

127 Bengals D/ST D/ST

134 Steven Hauschka, Sea K

147 Benny Cunningham, StL RB

154 Kenbrell Thompkins, NE WR

Terrance Williams and Cunningham were mistakes. But I'm currently offering a trade of either Welker, Thompkins, or Terrance Williams for any of LeVeon Bell, Alfred Morris, or Joique Bell. If he says no, I'll up the offer to Torrey Smith for any of those 3 RBs. Basically, I need an upgrade at RB.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 11:55 PM)
Indeed. I think this team is gonna be the one I have the most questions about on here with all those RBs. Example, even though I drafted Tate and MJD before Thomas, I think I like Thomas a little better in a PPR. Esp. with Sproles gone. I'm debating who to start this week.

Hindsight that kinda sounds dumb.

You aren't in bad shape at RB. Vereen will be a top 10 RB in PPR.

Thomas will likely be a top 20, last year he was 16th, and Sproles all all those targets are gone.

You've got plenty of guys to mix and match.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 07:36 AM)
I don't understand all the love for the 49ers and Kaepernick. They're basically a dumpster fire right now, yet I'm seeing Kaepernick rated as high as the 4th best QB this week.

Because the Cowboys defense is horrendous. I wouldn't be surprised if they put up close to 40 this week.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 07:28 AM)
Because the Cowboys defense is horrendous. I wouldn't be surprised if they put up close to 40 this week.

Ahhh, the Cowboys defense. Nevermind. The 49ers defense may give up 30 points themselves.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
3rd and final fantasy team. .5 ppr. 14 teams

QB- Foles

RB- Gio Bernard

RB- Toby Gerhart

WR- Calvin Johnson

WR- Pierre Garcon

TE- Vernon Davis

Flex: Mike Wallace

Bench: Lamar Miller, Riley Cooper, Terrence West, Johnathan Stewart

I'm less bullish on Garcon this year compared to last year, and Mike Wallace is a high risk, high reward player in PPR leagues. Still, for 14 teams, it's a solid team. I might be one of the few, but I like Gerhart this year in PPR leagues. Not that I think he's going to be a really good player, but that I think he can clean up with checkdowns and maybe a couple garbage touchdowns.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 10:13 AM)
Is Ahmad Bradshaw worth stowing away? What are his chances versus Richardson's?

Richardson was awful in pre-season. If Bradshaw is healthy, he should get some touches. I think there's a decent chance he starts sometime in the middle of the year. I'm not a fan of Richardson's.

2nd league. 1 ppr. 12 teams.

QB Cam Newton

RB Doug Martin

RB CJ Spiller

WR Calvin Johnson

WR Michael Floyd

TE Julius Thomas

FLEX Riley Cooper

DEF 49ers

K Blair Walsh

Bench

QB Derek Carr

RB Chris Ivory

RB Knowshon Moreno

WR Kendall Wright

WR Greg Jennings

TE Eric Ebron

What you guys think

Wright in a ppr could be a monster.

So we did a live draft for one of my leagues on Monday and you had to write your picks on the draft board and the person who took Alshon wrote "Jeffries." I wanted to kick said person in the face.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)

So we did a live draft for one of my leagues on Monday and you had to write your picks on the draft board and the person who took Alshon wrote "Jeffries." I wanted to kick said person in the face.

At least he didn't say it a million times on national TV.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 3, 2014 -> 01:07 PM)

In PPR, Wright > Floyd since Wright caught almost 100 balls last year. Floyd has big play ability though and the higher ceiling.