2014 Fantasy Football Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:27 PM)
Depends on what you have. Forsett is an RB2 and Smith is a WR2. RB2s are way more valuable at this point, unless your team is loaded on RBs.

I have 3-4 WR2s on my team (Cobb, Sanders, White, Crabtree), but I would really like more stable RBs.

This is my team as it is today:

QB Jay Cutler

RB1 DeMarco Murray

RB2 Andre Ellington

WR1 Demaryus Thomas

WR2 Steve Smith

TE Jordan Reed

Flex Julien Edelman

K Nick Novak

Def Eagles

I also have Both Murray and Ellington's handcuffs on the bench, as well as Keenan Allen and Delaney Walker.

I didn't consider Forsett a RB2 on my team, as I slot both Murray and Ellington above him, but aside from Thomas, I did not have what I consider a very good set of WR.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 03:34 PM)
Nah, it's because Calvin Johnson and Vernon Davis were my 1st and 3rd RD picks and they've both been hurt all year. I'm losing games well within the margin of those 2 guys being healthy. Add to that Frank Gore and Zac Stacy were my RB1 and RB2 and they've been both horrendous over the past few weeks. I drafted a pretty solid team, one that should have me at least over .500 right now, but those injuries and those 2 RB have just murdered me in winnable games.

Vernon Davis as a 3rd round pick and relying on Gore/Stacy as your top 2 RBs is exactly the reason you are 1-6. I'm with you on Calvin though, he was my 2nd round pick and hasn't helped me at all since Week 2.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 03:05 PM)
Vernon Davis as a 3rd round pick and relying on Gore/Stacy as your top 2 RBs is exactly the reason you are 1-6. I'm with you on Calvin though, he was my 2nd round pick and hasn't helped me at all since Week 2.

Where did you get him in the 2nd round? That's pretty late for him to fall.

I have the most points scored against me in my league - 939, roughly 134 per week. Second most points scored against anyone else is 800, 114 per week. My team isn't very good, but I should absolutely be better than the 1-6 I've put up this year.

Yeah, I hate fantasy football this year.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
I have the most points scored against me in my league - 939, roughly 134 per week. Second most points scored against anyone else is 800, 114 per week.

Pick Kyle Orton up, you'll automatically turn around your luck.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 04:11 PM)
Where did you get him in the 2nd round? That's pretty late for him to fall.

We're essentially a 2QB league (QB can play in FLEX), I had the #11 pick. I was shocked he fell, but everyone decided to load up on RBs and QBs in the 1st and the guy who picked at 12 took Jimmy Graham as his 2nd instead so I pounced on him.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
I have the most points scored against me in my league - 939, roughly 134 per week. Second most points scored against anyone else is 800, 114 per week. My team isn't very good, but I should absolutely be better than the 1-6 I've put up this year.

We all know it's a weekly game, and half the fun is tracking just your team against one other set of guys, but I've long thought about trying to make it more fair. I wouldn't just do cumulative points for the year, but instead just have a cumulative record every week. So you still have to be consistent. Because sometimes points scored can be misleading, you could have the most points 3 weeks and the least amount of points (or close to it) 3 weeks and be 3-3. Yet a quick glance at points for would have someone up towards the top, thinking they should be better than 3 and 3 when they really shouldn't.

In this scenario you'd "play" 9 teams every week, and you keep tally of your record the entire year. That would certainly level out some of the randomness (as if fantasy football isn't random enough as it is).

In a way, it's almost like fan duel every week, just playing out the whole season. Your team is up against everyone else, not just one team.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 02:53 PM)
This is my team as it is today:

QB Jay Cutler

RB1 DeMarco Murray

RB2 Andre Ellington

WR1 Demaryus Thomas

WR2 Steve Smith

TE Jordan Reed

Flex Julien Edelman

K Nick Novak

Def Eagles

I also have Both Murray and Ellington's handcuffs on the bench, as well as Keenan Allen and Delaney Walker.

I didn't consider Forsett a RB2 on my team, as I slot both Murray and Ellington above him, but aside from Thomas, I did not have what I consider a very good set of WR.

Yeah that's not a bad trade for you since your WRs are a bit weak.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 05:40 PM)
We all know it's a weekly game, and half the fun is tracking just your team against one other set of guys, but I've long thought about trying to make it more fair. I wouldn't just do cumulative points for the year, but instead just have a cumulative record every week. So you still have to be consistent. Because sometimes points scored can be misleading, you could have the most points 3 weeks and the least amount of points (or close to it) 3 weeks and be 3-3. Yet a quick glance at points for would have someone up towards the top, thinking they should be better than 3 and 3 when they really shouldn't.

In this scenario you'd "play" 9 teams every week, and you keep tally of your record the entire year. That would certainly level out some of the randomness (as if fantasy football isn't random enough as it is).

In a way, it's almost like fan duel every week, just playing out the whole season. Your team is up against everyone else, not just one team.

I've heard of those leagues. Personally, as maddening as it can be when you have s*** luck in terms of schedule and timing in FF, I just prefer the head to head format. Our league is 12 teams and has 3 divisions, the division winners get their money back and we award a weekly payout for top scoring team so there's a better chance of winning something with a strong team.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 10:17 AM)
I picked up Tre Mason in all of my leagues. Here's to hoping Jeff Fischer realizes who his best RB is from here on out.

I want to know why there's leagues out there that he wasn't already on rosters after the previous breakout week.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 10:25 AM)
I want to know why there's leagues out there that he wasn't already on rosters after the previous breakout week.

He got 5 carries 2 weeks ago. It was a nice game for him with just those 5 carries, but it was 5 carries.

I'm pretty sure he was available in 80% of leagues coming into this waiver period.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 21, 2014 -> 04:40 PM)

That's basically a weekly roto league, don't think concept is new. In NFL leagues, the breakdown tab on the league standings shows your cumulative weekly record against all teams.

Personally, I like the variability of FF. And tracking your remaining players against the other team's remaining player makes SNF and MNF all the more fun.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 07:11 AM)
I love FanDuel. Started with $50 I my bank at start of year and am only $10 up but it's fun. Will probably do some during NBA as well..

I blew $30 on the weekly contests. But in the 100K Survivor contest, I've made the 5th straight cut (last one was barely) and now I am guaranteed at least $15 winnings for my $5 investment!

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 22, 2014 -> 03:03 PM)
Here is my toss-up this week...

Sanu or Welker?

I'm leaning Sanu.

I saw something that said Green might never be fully healthy again this year.

Edited by chw42

I'm the commissioner of my league. Check out this awful trade that someone is trying to pass.....

Russel Wilson

for

Michael Crabtree

Bishop Sankey

Wilson is ranked 5th in QB, Crabtree is ranked 33rd, and Sankey is 47th. AND Crabtree isn't even playing this week and he is texting me asking to put the trade through right away.

I'm so sick of this dude. He is the same guy who I've been trying to trade Romo and Terrance Williams to, whom he said he is interested in, but then all he does is talk s*** about them through text. I offered Romo and Williams for LeSean McCoy. He replies "Yeah right man, Romo could get injured at any moment and suck again, and Williams is a bum." I didn't bite on his awful offers of Sankey and Brandin Cooks, so now he is going to try to rob this other guy of his QB because he doesn't want to go in to a 2nd straight week starting Carson Palmer.

So do I just straight up veto the trade and probably get b****ed at by him for being bitter about our trade not working out, or do I try to convince the other guy that I can offer him a better combo and get him to cancel the deal, not stopping it if he chooses to let it go through?

EDIT: Or 3rd option I guess is to completely ignore it and let it happen.

Edited by Chilihead90