2015 Films thread

Balta1701

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
For the most part I was pleasantly surprised with Antman.

Yep, fun, simple film, great visuals, some of the best in a Marvel flick. A few good laughs, Rudd, and Douglas were great, Lily was the major weak link. But that might be on the writers/directing...

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Trainwreck was outstanding. Amy Schumer is hilarious. The Colin Quinn character is great and Lebron steals the scenes that he's in.

I might have a huge crush on Amy Schumer. She's incredibly SEXY and really fun.

Edited by HuskyCaucasian

QUOTE (Greyone @ Jul 18, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)
Yep, fun, simple film, great visuals, some of the best in a Marvel flick. A few good laughs, Rudd, and Douglas were great, Lily was the major weak link. But that might be on the writers/directing...

Yeah, I had very little problem with that. Good summer movie.

Stay for the 2nd after credits scene OMG.

also pay attention for a line about the avengers involving the phrase "a guy who climbs up walls".

Ant-Man was fine. Pretty formulaic Marvel movie at this point. Had a few laughs, that you seen coming a mile away. Plot was bland.

The action was fun and Paul Rudd was by far the best thing about the movie.

Would have loved to have seen what Edgar Wright would have done with the movie. He obviously wanted to do something different with it and Marvel put the brakes on it.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 08:43 AM)
Ant-Man was fine. Pretty formulaic Marvel movie at this point. Had a few laughs, that you seen coming a mile away. Plot was bland.

The action was fun and Paul Rudd was by far the best thing about the movie.

Would have loved to have seen what Edgar Wright would have done with the movie. He obviously wanted to do something different with it and Marvel put the brakes on it.

Eh, he wanted to go against the continuity of the MCU. When the franchise is 11 films deep and has their slate laid out, that's just not possible.

Meanwhile Ant-Man was a fun ride. I expected Michael Douglas to phone it in on this performance but no, he really sold Hank Pym.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
Eh, he wanted to go against the continuity of the MCU. When the franchise is 11 films deep and has their slate laid out, that's just not possible.

Meanwhile Ant-Man was a fun ride. I expected Michael Douglas to phone it in on this performance but no, he really sold Hank Pym.

Michael Pena, TI and friends added some levity as well...I thought it was very good, definitely better than I expected going in.

It's a pretty unknown character except to hardcore comics followers...no cool suit or merchandising treasure trove, but it all worked.

As far as female heroines...the character could have easily been exchanged with Bryce Dallas Howard in Jurassic World. You don't want the girl to be too much like Gal Gadot in the F&F series or she'll distract too much from the lead. She's built to be a complementary piece in the background and undergo her cool foe to warm supporter metamorphosis.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 09:40 PM)
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movie...121-column.html

A Girl Walks Alone at Night...still don't know what to make of it, but it keeps your attention, that's for sure. Saw it on the plane from Chicago to HK.

Shot in black and white, it's the first Iranian skateboarding vampire female revenge flick/western, haha.

Just read about it. I'm over the vampie genre. Even that indy one with Tilda last year was annoying to me.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 07:38 AM)
Just read about it. I'm over the vampie genre. Even that indy one with Tilda last year was annoying to me.

What about Let the Right One In, the Swedish film?

Warm Bodies was pretty clever, fwiw. A little of Rob Corddry goes a long ways, though.

I even had to watch two Kevin Hart films because it was a 15 hour flight and was running out of options...Get Hard and Wedding Ringers. He'e definitely getting overexposed.

The best was Her Granddaughter, a Japanese film, and Red Army, a documentary about the Russian state hockey machine in the 70's and 80's starring Slava Fetisov and Scotty Bowman.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
What about Let the Right One In, the Swedish film?

Warm Bodies was pretty clever, fwiw. A little of Rob Corddry goes a long ways, though.

I even had to watch two Kevin Hart films because it was a 15 hour flight and was running out of options...Get Hard and Wedding Ringers. He'e definitely getting overexposed.

The best was Her Granddaughter, a Japanese film, and Red Army, a documentary about the Russian state hockey machine in the 70's and 80's starring Slava Fetisov and Scotty Bowman.

It was also a zombie movie, not vampire

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
How did Pixar let that one get made? Looks absolutely awful.

I know right. Pixar doesn't know what they're doing.

Looks like Wall-E where there maybe minimum dialogue. I think it looks ok.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
I know right. Pixar doesn't know what they're doing.

Looks like Wall-E where there maybe minimum dialogue. I think it looks ok.

It's pretty clear the dinosaurs were intentionally designed to be cartoonish looking which is odd given that the rest of the animation is gorgeous. I'm sure this will end up being good since Pixar hasn't had a real miss on an original film yet (although I didn't really care for Brave).

Went to see Trainwreck today as I have a few days off. First of all, kudos to LeBron. Good job acting. Pretty funny.

As far as the movie, I'll be honest probably at the 3/4 mark I was getting antsy, kind of wanting it to end. But it was pretty funny, made me snicker out loud a few times (not guffaw like the women in the audience who seemed to LOVE it), and certainly some of the lines were pretty damn creative/funny.

I'd give Trainwreck a B. I feel dirty giving it a B- cause I feel the acting was good and there were some great lines for a movie. I wouldn't argue with anybody who gave it a low A-minus.

Edited by greg775