2015 Films thread

Balta1701

About to see Steve Jobs.

I was really excited for this movie and followed the production. I was super stoked that Christian Bale and David Fincher were teaming up to do an Aaron Sprin script, but sadly due to Steve Jobs' widow that won't be happening.

When you think about it, the movie we're getting is not the movie that the people involved set out to make. We're getting the compromised version in that sense.

Still excited.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 09:07 AM)
Hook is still fun to watch with the kids. It isnt a oscar winner, but I enjoyed the "What happened after peter pan grew up" take on the story, and I thought Robin Williams, Dustin Hoffman and Bob Hoskins all nailed their roles.

When my kids watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates, i still think of Bob Hoskins as Smee

Hook is the s***. I saw that movie 6 times in theaters. 6 times. I was 10. I watched it no too long ago and it's a little over the top, but not bad. You definitely have to have liked it as a kid to still like it.

Funny thing is, the guy who does the voice of Sharky and who performs the music as a real life Sharky is named Loren Hoskins, but he's not related to Bob.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Oct 17, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)
Hook is the s***. I saw that movie 6 times in theaters. 6 times. I was 10. I watched it no too long ago and it's a little over the top, but not bad. You definitely have to have liked it as a kid to still like it.

Funny thing is, the guy who does the voice of Sharky and who performs the music as a real life Sharky is named Loren Hoskins, but he's not related to Bob.

Saw TDKR 9 times 6 opening weekend. Saw Revenge of the Sith 10 times, Interstellar 7 and TDK 6. Have all the stubs and proud to say that I saw on them on film (35/70mm) projection.

Thumbs up for The Martian. Having read the book first there was some disappointment here and there for what they did and did not include, but most are minor quibbles. Overall a very good movie. Only real flaw to me was that some of the significant characters - NASA Director played by Jeff Daniels and much of the Hermes crew aside from the Pilot - were not interesting enough. Too flat. But other side characters were quite good.

QUOTE (HuskyCaucasian @ Oct 20, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)
Interesting that we haven't seen Luke in any of the promotional stuff, except MAYBE his hand reaching out to R2D2.

Starting to think he might not be around in this movie until late. Like maybe he has gone missing or something like that.

The love of Star Wars boggles my mind. If you're 40-60 years old and saw the originals in the 70's and 80's, ok, I can get the fan boy stuff. Anyone born post-1980ish? I just don't get it. The originals were fun, but not earth shattering for that generation. The most recent movies were not just a let down, they were terrible. I mean, I get the excitement over someone new handling the movie and making a modern version (like Star Trek, the new ones were both very good IMO), but the pre-order, the Disney love (went there this summer and it's all over), the non-stop Twitter mentions from a million blogs.

It's a complete and utter mystery to me.