2015-16 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 11:04 PM)
Nothing would surprise me with Northwestern, good or bad, but they will win at least 8 games with their schedule. I'd be surprised if they don't win 9. The Big Ten West is historically bad, there's no game left they can't win. They still host Penn State and Purdue, which should be fairly comfortable wins. I still don't buy that Illinois is any good (they've played OK for two straight weeks, but that's still a team that lost to North Carolina by 34 points). Iowa isn't anything special and they come to Evanston next week. Road games at Wisconsin and Nebraska are tough only because they're road games, those teams are entirely average.

Also, boat race? WTF?

Yeah. Boat Race. Get stomped.

I'm literally saying the opposite of what you posted. This is when they begin their free fall.

Michigan, Utah, LSU and Florida are probably the top four right now. Then Clemson.

Iowa basically has to win in Evanston and beat Minnesota and they go 12-0 and end up 10-15+ point underdogs against OSU, Michigan or MSU in the championship game. Honestly they're not close to the Brad Banks/Dallas Clark/Bob Sanders/Rob Gallery or even the 2009 team that played Ga Tech in a BCS bowl. That said, CJ Beathard has been a revelation and things are definitely looking up compared to 2011-2014.

Hard to imagine MSU beating the Wolverines with the way the past month has gone.

Finally, what happened to the Bob Stoops of 1999-2006?

If I had to rank teams right now:

1 Utah

2 Florida

3 Ohio State

4 Oklahoma

5 Clemson

6 LSU

7 Texas A&M

8 Michigan State

9 Baylor

10 Northwestern

1 Utah

2 Florida

3 Ohio State

4 Clemson

5 LSU

6 Texas A&M

7 Michigan State

8 Baylor

9 TCU

10 Iowa

the fact that Florida is 6-0 just shows how average the SEC is by their standards this season and how average college football is this year.

kinda reminding me of the Florida team that somehow went 11-1 with Driskell as QB 3 years ago.

Now there are stories that Sark was drunk at the ASU game this year. Also got so drunk he passed out on the flight home from Wazzu last year, some players took pics.

When I was at the UW-Illinois game last year, the UW alumni we hung out with all had stories about Sark and his social life.

As bad as Sark looks, this is just as bad for the AD Haden.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
So sad to see USC this way. Haden and Sark both need to go. If Saban leaves Alabama as the rumor goes, do everything you can. If not, Chip Kelly, Jimbo Fisher and Kevin Sumlin have to be their first 3 calls.

Jeff Fisher and Chip Kelly will be top two, IMO

QUOTE (zenryan @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
the fact that Florida is 6-0 just shows how average the SEC is by their standards this season and how average college football is this year.

kinda reminding me of the Florida team that somehow went 11-1 with Driskell as QB 3 years ago.

Agreed. I still cannot believe Tennessee blew that game against them 2 weeks ago. We were clearly the better team. Epic collapse.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
Agreed. I still cannot believe Tennessee blew that game against them 2 weeks ago. We were clearly the better team. Epic collapse.

You break even because they should not have won this past Saturday. Dobbs played the second half of his life.