2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, honestly may be a blessing. You want to see competitive losses (i.e. not 42-0 halftime games) and some exciting young talent develop. But if we already thought 8-8 was best chance, this will help just keep us lower half and get another chance at elite talent.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Is Hackenberg really that big of a prospect?

I could see "suck for Luck", but Hackenberg wasn't all that good last year.

Not sure he's worth tanking for, but that Penn State roster was pretty devastated by the NCAA sanctions.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 09:30 AM)
Is Hackenberg really that big of a prospect?

I could see "suck for Luck", but Hackenberg wasn't all that good last year.

People that box score scout think Hackenburg is bad. He was excellent 2 years ago under O'Brien. Wasn't really coached by James Franklin. This is an excellent piece about Hackenburg that sums up my thoughts on him very well: http://www.footballsavages.com/christian-h...ithout-context/

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
On the radio today, they said that McShay's newest mock has the Bears taking L. Williams

That would be awesome for the Bears. The disruption in the middle of the line is something the team can be the defense around.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
People that box score scout think Hackenburg is bad. He was excellent 2 years ago under O'Brien. Wasn't really coached by James Franklin. This is an excellent piece about Hackenburg that sums up my thoughts on him very well: http://www.footballsavages.com/christian-h...ithout-context/

He's intriguing, but tanking for him seems like a bad bad idea. He needs to show some major improvement this year for that.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
He's intriguing, but tanking for him seems like a bad bad idea. He needs to show some major improvement this year for that.

I never said anything about "tanking". I just said that I hoped they'd be bad enough to get it done. They would never do it on purpose though.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 11:26 AM)
I never said anything about "tanking". I just said that I hoped they'd be bad enough to get it done. They would never do it on purpose though.

After this offseason i dont think they could tank even if they wanted to. They set the team up to be competitive. Not great, but not terrible. There would have to be some serious injuries in order for them to tank

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 22, 2015 -> 11:28 AM)
After this offseason i dont think they could tank even if they wanted to. They set the team up to be competitive. Not great, but not terrible. There would have to be some serious injuries in order for them to tank

I agree with you. I think 6-10 or 7-9 is very possible. It will be tough to go like 3-13 or 4-12 though.

I am thinking the best route the Bears could have taken would have been to get rid of Cutler so they would likely tank. This way you could have still built your defense but you would have been bad enough to get a high draft pick and possible top QB in next years draft. With Cutler and this new defense they are going to be good enough to be in the middle of the pack and for what?

QUOTE (shipps @ Apr 23, 2015 -> 09:49 AM)
I am thinking the best route the Bears could have taken would have been to get rid of Cutler so they would likely tank. This way you could have still built your defense but you would have been bad enough to get a high draft pick and possible top QB in next years draft. With Cutler and this new defense they are going to be good enough to be in the middle of the pack and for what?

If you can get a top QB, great, if you can't, we could end up far worse as a result of that. It is not easy to find serviceable QB's in this league. I have zero problem with the organization's plan to test Jay out with this new regime who is already knee deep in cleaning up a gigantic pile of poop.