2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 2, 2015 -> 08:11 PM)
Well, they just paid Bobby Wagner. So they must plan on paying everyone

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13363697...tract-extension

Probably means Russell Okung is gone after the year. Lynch salary is going to double and so is Jimmy Grahams. So some players will be gone.

John Schneider has done a good job with the cap. He for the most part has avoided free agency which is always the smart move.

Adam Johns or Jahns or whatever was on some radio show this morning and said he'd be shocked if SMC wasnt one of the starting ILBs. Said he's the one out there calling plays on defense.

Good for him. He's always just played out of position in my opinion.

Also, on a previous page someone was talking about the learning curve for a rookie WR being huge. I'm not so sure I agree with that anymore, esp after the CB rule changes a few years ago. Rookie WRs are coming in and dominating right out of the gate and I think a lot of that has to do with the rule changes.

Edited by scs787

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Adam Johns or Jahns or whatever was on some radio show this morning and said he'd be shocked if SMC wasnt one of the starting ILBs. Said he's the one out there calling plays on defense.

Good for him. He's always just played out of position in my opinion.

Yeah, sounds like it would be Shea and Christian Jones as starting ILB. I'm curious to see them in action in this new defense.

Jordan Mills still sounds like he's awful, unfortunately.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 07:44 PM)
ESPN is showing Cowboys practice. The NFL is unstoppable.

10 thousand fans per day drive 1 hour south to a town that has absolutely nothing going on to watch the bears practice from 100+ yards away (I am guilty of having done this myself). If it was broadcast with decent commentary (Thayer and joniak sprinked in with brad biggs or zaidman perhaps) I'd totally tune in. like you said, the NFL is a machine

Edited by daa84

I must be the only person in this city who cares less and less about football each passing year. If i'm listening to any sort of sports talk and they start talking football, I immediately turn it off. I'm ready for the games to start. Anything having to do with camp, deflategate, Ray Rice, etc. etc., I could not give two s***s. I actually start despising the game itself because i'm always inundated with the off the field crap.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 08:38 AM)
I must be the only person in this city who cares less and less about football each passing year. If i'm listening to any sort of sports talk and they start talking football, I immediately turn it off. I'm ready for the games to start. Anything having to do with camp, deflategate, Ray Rice, etc. etc., I could not give two s***s. I actually start despising the game itself because i'm always inundated with the off the field crap.

I avoid as much preseason football talk as I can for the same reasons. But as soon as the season starts my TV is locked in on football from 11 AM Saturday to 11 PM Sunday. Switching to satellite radio and avoiding sports radio has been a big help.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 08:41 AM)
I avoid as much preseason football talk as I can for the same reasons. But as soon as the season starts my TV is locked in on football from 11 AM Saturday to 11 PM Sunday. Switching to satellite radio and avoiding sports radio has been a big help.

+1. Football saturdays are my favorite moving into football sundays.

Unconfirmed, but it appears Ola might have torn his ACL. Tough loss as he is a very versatile backup on the oline. Nothing confirmed but he was carted off the field and was helped off by two teammates. Dickerson is who is indicating a potentially torn ACL.

NFL is not a big priority to me, but there's nothing I care less about than college football. The bowl system in particular kills my enthusiasm for it, but in general I just don't get that excited to watch a bunch of not-the-best-players-in-the-world play

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
Unconfirmed, but it appears Ola might have torn his ACL. Tough loss as he is a very versatile backup on the oline. Nothing confirmed but he was carted off the field and was helped off by two teammates. Dickerson is who is indicating a potentially torn ACL.

Tough loss, but I read yesterday on Twitter (and I don't even remember hwo from so this is good info) that he was really struggling in the new blocking scheme and was likely to be cut.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)

Ola wasn't going to make this team anyway.

I was of the belief he probably wouldnt make the team either but you never know when you have a guy like Mills who has sucked and a new staff looking for guys to step up and show they deserve it. Tough break for Ola.

ESPN Jeff Dickerson reports -Chicago Bears offensive coordinator Adam Gase said Wednesday that after six training camp practices, embattled quarterback Jay Cutler is "further ahead than everybody else" on offense in terms of understanding the new scheme Gase brought with him from Denver.

Adding- "His intelligence is way better than what I thought," Gase said. "His ability to communicate with his teammates [is impressive] because he's further ahead than everybody else. He's able to get our wideouts on the same page."

Gase is falling for it too. LOL

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 07:41 AM)

Ditto. I'm incredibly unproductive during football season because all I do is watch football all weekend, but I love it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 12:03 PM)
Maybe that pushes them to sign Mathis

I'm a big proponent of this move. Slide Long out to RT. Bushrod/Slauson/Montgomery/Mathis/Long is pretty darn solid. Should allow us to control the ground game. The right side, in particular, would be nasty. That said, I don't see the Bears actually signing him.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 05:14 PM)
I'm a big proponent of this move. Slide Long out to RT. Bushrod/Slauson/Montgomery/Mathis/Long is pretty darn solid. Should allow us to control the ground game. The right side, in particular, would be nasty. That said, I don't see the Bears actually signing him.

I say do everything possible to keep Jay upright. A, it helps us really see what we get with him (I'm hoping we finally run a balanced attack to his strength's, which hopefully minimizes turnovers) and B, if Jay still can't do it, having a strong line only puts whomever you draft / bring in to be in the best possible position to succeed.

There's speculation that Kevin White has been running and playing on shin splints since his last year of college. That's why he's been struggling so much. He's overworked his shins and didn't take the time to rest them.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 06:48 AM)
There's speculation that Kevin White has been running and playing on shin splints since his last year of college. That's why he's been struggling so much. He's overworked his shins and didn't take the time to rest them.

Makes sense, glad they are resting him then.