2015-2016 NFL Thread

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
I say do everything possible to keep Jay upright. A, it helps us really see what we get with him (I'm hoping we finally run a balanced attack to his strength's, which hopefully minimizes turnovers) and B, if Jay still can't do it, having a strong line only puts whomever you draft / bring in to be in the best possible position to succeed.

My thoughts exactly. The more we can keep the ball on the ground, the less it's in Jay's hands to make a stupid turnover. And when we do pass, we can mix in play-action to freeze the defense, which again, makes it less likely for Jay to turn it over. Though, he's always going to have his WTF moments. That's just Jay.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
he has to be done, right? Minimum of a year, but would anyone even sign him after. This guy is literally Alonzo Spellman messed up.

i would think so, but I thought that i remembered after Ray Rice(when everything changed in the punishments) that things were almost reset in reference to previous punishments.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 6, 2015 -> 02:14 PM)
My thoughts exactly. The more we can keep the ball on the ground, the less it's in Jay's hands to make a stupid turnover. And when we do pass, we can mix in play-action to freeze the defense, which again, makes it less likely for Jay to turn it over. Though, he's always going to have his WTF moments. That's just Jay.

The problem is the defense sucks so running the ball into punts is going to make it a very lopsided game quickly.

I am hoping that even if the d still will give up more yards per game, the pressure/scheme can provide more turnovers.

But we got too used to running = 2/3 yrds or less. Running should not mean conceding the offensive possession.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
I am hoping that even if the d still will give up more yards per game, the pressure/scheme can provide more turnovers.

But we got too used to running = 2/3 yrds or less. Running should not mean conceding the offensive possession.

It shouldnt but we've seen our running game the last year or so. Im hoping it was pure coaching that led to the line not being able to block.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
I'm struggling to get up my excitement levels for the Bears this year, I have no faith in them to be anything but bad.

I just want to see progress in each phase. After last year, that shouldnt be too tall of a task

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)
It shouldnt but we've seen our running game the last year or so. Im hoping it was pure coaching that led to the line not being able to block.

Well, Slauson was also injured, and Garza was a terrible run blocker. So we hope to have improved there.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
I'm struggling to get up my excitement levels for the Bears this year, I have no faith in them to be anything but bad.

There are things to root for this year that were not there last year. I can handle and enjoy even losses if they are for a purpose.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 7, 2015 -> 12:00 PM)

My point was based on signing Evan Mathis and kicking out Long to RT. If you do that, then you have 2 Pro Bowl players on your right side (Mathis/Long). Plus, Slauson is an above-average OG.

Of course, this is all assuming Long can effectively play RT, but I have no reason to believe he can't based on his size and measurables.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 11:52 AM)
Twitter says undisclosed draft pick. Kind of remarkable there, I wonder what conditions you put on it. 7th rounder if he makes the 53?

They traded Groy for OLB Matthew Wells, not a pick

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
That came out after I wrote that.

I wasnt intending to call you out, I also had no idea what the trade was for and assumed a pick was coming back. Sorry if it came across that way

If you believe his pro day results, he's really effing fast for a OLB. His 4.44 40 would have destroyed Beaselys 4.53, and his 3 cone would have been top 5 as well.

His 15 reps would have been last though. 18 was the lowest at the combine.

Starter on a really good defense at Miss St.

Could be an interesting little project for Fangio...Get em in the weight room.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Aug 10, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
If you believe his pro day results, he's really effing fast for a OLB. His 4.44 40 would have destroyed Beaselys 4.53, and his 3 cone would have been top 5 as well.

His 15 reps would have been last though. 18 was the lowest at the combine.

Starter on a really good defense at Miss St.

Could be an interesting little project for Fangio...Get em in the weight room.

Seems like they are looking at him as a ST player first and foremost

It's crazy all the rumors about Willie Young not making the final 53.

Shows how crazy the football business side is. Sign a decent deal, have a great start, get a brutal injury and you are discarded.