2015-2016 NFL Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 03:17 PM)
Andy Reid is not a good football coach and Fox and his staff are. The Chiefs are never going to be good enough while they have a coach and QB as conservative as Reid and Smith are.

Yeah watching it up close it is a brutal watch. Was he always THIS conservative?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 03:40 PM)
That's hard when your QB can't throw a football 49 yards

Remember when Alex Smith used to be able to throw the ball more than 20 yards with the Niners?

It's like Reid has a leash on his arm and he's unable to throw it for more than 20 yards.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 03:24 PM)
Yeah watching it up close it is a brutal watch. Was he always THIS conservative?

I've watched a lot of Chiefs games cause of Jamaal Charles...and yeah, they usually are that conservative.

Charles and Kelce are usually their go-to players for big plays. Without Charles, that offense is pretty stagnant.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
I've watched a lot of Chiefs games cause of Jamaal Charles...and yeah, they usually are that conservative.

Charles and Kelce are usually their go-to players for big plays. Without Charles, that offense is pretty stagnant.

Yeah, but the last two weeks they have been going to Maclin a ton. It started in the second half of the Green Bay game and they were like "oooh, we didn't even know he was on the team!"

We must have been taking Maclin away pretty well today.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
Yeah, but the last two weeks they have been going to Maclin a ton. It started in the second half of the Green Bay game and they were like "oooh, we didn't even know he was on the team!"

We must have been taking Maclin away pretty well today.

Yeah Smith finally found a receiver he's actually comfortable with.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 03:32 PM)
With the 15th pick in the draft the Bears select..............................

Yeah yeah...

Discovering that young players we already have are actual contributors is as important as a high draft pick. We started how many rookies and won?

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
Yeah yeah...

Discovering that young players we already have are actual contributors is as important as a high draft pick. We started how many rookies and won?

Agreed. I'd feel differently if we had loaded up with a bunch of veterans and were winning these games with no hope for the future. But it's quite the opposite. Also, despite the youth and injuries, this is what having a competent coaching staff looks like.

This is the 2nd week in a row that Long and Leno have faced some great pass rushers, and they have done a very good job. Those 2 panning out at OT would be an enormous development for the future of this team. And people want to blame Grasu for the sack/fumble/TD, but it's hard to say if it was entirely his fault. Regardless, at worst it should have been a Safety. Cutler saw it coming. He can't fumble that ball. Overall, I thought Grasu was impressive for a guy in his 1st NFL game, and who admittedly needs to add size/strength. Definite reason for hope with him. That's 3 young OL to build on.

And of course, the defense. Several young pieces showing flashes on that side of the ball. Sutton (pre-injury) and Goldman have been solid on the DL. McPhee has been a great pickup - a guy who will be a big time part of this defense for many years. And I was really happy with the Safety play today. I know the Chiefs passing game isn't amazing, but they do have some solid players in Maclin and Kelce. Our 2 rookie safeties played very well. I can only think of 1 play where the Chiefs gained 20+ yards. There may have been more, but if so, not many. Very nice job of limiting chunk plays.

Would you rather they finish with a top 3 pick or to see guys like Ferguson, Sutton, Goldman, Amos, Grasu, McPhee, and Wilson improve week by week? Give me the latter. If Goldman and Amos continue to play well along with Grasu, I trust Pace can find another good player at 15 just as he could at 3.

Science. This guy is pretty awesome

Neil deGrasse Tyson

‎@neiltyson

Today's @Bengals winning OT field goal was likely enabled by a 1/3-in deflection to the right, caused by Earth’s Rotation.

3:48 PM - 11 Oct 2015

4,666 4,666 Retweets

5,004 5,004 favorites

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 10:12 PM)
Would you rather they finish with a top 3 pick or to see guys like Ferguson, Sutton, Goldman, Amos, Grasu, McPhee, and Wilson improve week by week? Give me the latter. If Goldman and Amos continue to play well along with Grasu, I trust Pace can find another good player at 15 just as he could at 3.

Right. Especially since the bears were lacking playmakers especially on defense, where I feel like you can find top talent in the 10-15 range anyway. Unlikely to get that generational pass rusher, but usually find some cornerbacks/safeties/lbs.

I mostly wanted to suck hard when it looked like we were too devoid of talent to make it up with scheme. We are starting to see the coaches find the best 11 and luckily they have been our younger players.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 07:29 AM)
I can't wait until Andy Reid is gone from the team. There is way too much talent on that roster to look so putrid game in, game out. The game has passed him by, he needs to retire. And now with the Charles injury I pretty much hope they lose every game from here on out.

I feel like this is going to be a pretty terrible crop of coaches this year available. League seems to be really down this year.

OK guys, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but come on. They're not beating good teams. And they're doing so on quite a bit of luck. Yes, Cutler made some great throws, but those are throws that connect 1 out of 10 times. And he got two of them in close succession. And they were two, late, come from behind victories.

Tanking and getting the best draft pick possible is still the play here. Going 8-8 and getting the 15th pick is not good long term.

Um, no. I do not think longterm we are better off if our last two draft classes are irredeemable just so that we have a chance at 1 dynamic player.

Beating bad teams is the first step to beating good teams. We just beat a team with 1/3 of our offensive line missing, a hobbled QB, 3 of our top receivers out, our starting safety, our starting ILB and starting rookies all over the place.

That is what getting better looks like.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 08:54 AM)
OK guys, I appreciate the enthusiasm, but come on. They're not beating good teams. And they're doing so on quite a bit of luck. Yes, Cutler made some great throws, but those are throws that connect 1 out of 10 times. And he got two of them in close succession. And they were two, late, come from behind victories.

Tanking and getting the best draft pick possible is still the play here. Going 8-8 and getting the 15th pick is not good long term.

I think anyone has to be encouraged by the defense. KC isn't the greatest, but the defense only gave up 10 points, which last year, De Lasalle High School seemingly could have scored vs. the Bears. If they had their top 3 receivers, these games they are barely winning vs. not so good teams, probably aren't as close. Getting some of these guys some confidence can go a lot farther than picking 15th vs. picking 3rd.

I doubt they finish 8-8, and I'm sure Cutler will be public enemy #1 again at some point, but playing a solid game IMO is better for the future than the potential drop in draft position. Face it, they aren't playing with their top pick this year.

People obsess about first round picks, but teams need good overall drafts. You can miss on the first round if you hit in the later rounds.

First round picks used to be more important because the contracts used to be huge. Not that way anymore.