2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 15m15 minutes ago

Rockies prospect David Dahl has likely concussion, broken rib after an awful on-field collision, per club source. Possible ruptured spleen.

That's a shame. He was demolishing AA.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 59s59 seconds ago

#Astros looking at rotation upgrades, with Aaron Harang and Johnny Cueto as possibilities: http://sbnation.com/e/8453046?utm_campaign..._source=twitter

I'm surprised Harang's still hanging on these past few years. Although I'd say the bulk of his effectiveness this year is probably going to end soon. The regression is coming.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 28, 2015 -> 02:01 PM)
why not, they are paying a crap load of money to do nothing.

all that crap that he was involve in must have died away by now.

Oh the media would revive that mess. Supposedly it would offend people who live here and are waiting for things to improve back home. I bet Ozzie would turn them down anyway,

BTW that situation with managers seems so "White Sox" except firing during the season.

Trying to get a former experienced manager still drawing a salary is probably hard to do.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 29, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
Oh the media would revive that mess. Supposedly it would offend people who live here and are waiting for things to improve back home. I bet Ozzie would turn them down anyway,

BTW that situation with managers seems so "White Sox" except firing during the season.

Trying to get a former experienced manager still drawing a salary is probably hard to do.

anything to do with ozzie makes my skin crawl.

Example #1A of what the slider does to your arm.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 25m25 minutes ago

Strasburg looked like he grimaced after last pitch (his 16th), but not apparent exactly where injury is.

William Ladson ‏@washingnats 28m28 minutes ago

Something is wrong with #Strasburg. He is now out of the game.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 2m2 minutes ago

Source: Eric Stults staying with #Dodgers organization by accepting outright assignment to AA Tulsa. LA gets depth they wanted in trade.

#Dodgers acquired Stults from #Braves, immediately DFA'd and snuck through waivers. Hoped he'd stay in organization, and he will.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
The Brewers and Marlins had a combined .365 winning percentage when they fired their managers. Their new managers have a combined .359 winning percentage.

Doesn't this mean that the Brewers have significantly improved?

The main thing that doesn't make me regret losing Hector (beyond what we got back for him) is that he's still nearly the most flyball-heavy starting pitcher in baseball and that just won't work in our ballpark over the long term.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 12:42 PM)
Doesn't this mean that the Brewers have significantly improved?

They are 10-16. That's still not good. Looks like the losing isn't on the manager. You can think the .280 winning pct. would have continued with the old manager, but you would more than likely be wrong.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:01 PM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 44m44 minutes ago New York, USA

adrian beltre suffered dislocated thumb. no fracture seen. beltre will get 2nd opinion, but out 2 weeks minimum #rangers

That's pretty ****ing lucky for the white sox.