2015 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

• Replies 950
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:40 PM)
Cue the unbearable old man: "It's not who you play, it's when you play them"

Well on the other hand, Beltre's offense is down a lot so far this year and Texas has been hot lately, so we can use that excuse both ways :)

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:24 PM)
The Brewers and Marlins had a combined .365 winning percentage when they fired their managers. Their new managers have a combined .359 winning percentage.

The starter for the Marlins tonight (Urena) is absolutely horrible. Sucks the Cubs basically get a free win going up against him. Miami's inability to keep their starting pitching healthy has killed them the last 5 years or so.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 29, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)
Example #1A of what the slider does to your arm.

Chris Cotillo ‏@ChrisCotillo 25m25 minutes ago

Strasburg looked like he grimaced after last pitch (his 16th), but not apparent exactly where injury is.

William Ladson ‏@washingnats 28m28 minutes ago

Something is wrong with #Strasburg. He is now out of the game.

Only when you throw it improperly. Pitchers just like to do that to increase the movement

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
The starter for the Marlins tonight (Urena) is absolutely horrible. Sucks the Cubs basically get a free win going up against him. Miami's inability to keep their starting pitching healthy has killed them the last 5 years or so.

Jose Fernandez hit 97 in his rehab start and threw 45 pitches.

Cosart and Latos are coming around as well, but it will be too late in all likelihood.

The myth of the Red Sox Empire/Nation and new metrics

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/...WFYL/story.html

Basically, if you take away that 2013 World Series they're not much different than the White Sox over the last seven years

“There’s no issue with the coaches. The issue is with the production on the field. That’s either going to change or this is going to be a terrible year,” Henry said.

“Did this whole team become a collection of poor hitters? I don’t think so. I think that the production has been poor. I think that there are adjustments that are needed to be made.”

“Did we spend too much on offense and not enough on pitching?” Henry said. “With hindsight you could perhaps say that. But we don’t have enough offense. As far as I’m concerned I don’t remember seeing our offense look this badly maybe ever since we’ve been involved here.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/...JwK/story.html#

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
Basically, if you take away that 2013 World Series they're not much different than the White Sox over the last seven years

From 2009 thru today the Red Sox have a .521 winning percentage with two post-season appearances and one championship. White Sox have a .479 winning percentage with zero post-season appearances.

Go back to 2008 the Red Sox have a .530 percentage with three post-season appearances. White Sox are at .488 with only 1 post-season appearance/win.

Not really that comparable.

I expect the White Sox to get some thank yous for these.

MLB Communications ‏@MLB_PR 4m4 minutes ago

#Astros Dallas Keuchel (2.62 ERA, 38 SO) has been voted AL Pitcher of the Month for May, earning the honor for a second straight month.

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake 5m5 minutes ago

Delino DeShields has been selected as the American League Rookie of Month for May.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 60m60 minutes ago

Deal in works to send de aza to red sox, as @Ken_Rosenthal reported

I know the hindsight being 20/20 thing, but could De Aza have actually been a better option than Cabrera? Seriously, no green

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
I expect the White Sox to get some thank yous for these.

MLB Communications ‏@MLB_PR 4m4 minutes ago

#Astros Dallas Keuchel (2.62 ERA, 38 SO) has been voted AL Pitcher of the Month for May, earning the honor for a second straight month.

John Blake ‏@RangerBlake 5m5 minutes ago

Delino DeShields has been selected as the American League Rookie of Month for May.

How did the White Sox help Delino Jr. last month?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
To the Mariners: Mark Trumbo and Vidal Nuno

To the DBacks: Wellington Castillo, Dominic Leone, Gabby Guerrero and another prospect.

Vladimir's cousin...looks like the spitting image of him, except for the way he Vlad the Impaler played.

Jayson Stark Trivia this morning...

Three Major League pitchers (active) with 700+ innings, with an ERA under 3.00.

Kershaw

1450.2, 2.54

Wainwright

1566.2, 2.98

Sale

740.2, 2.81

Chris Sale is another Felix Hernandez. Not converting on his greatness into playoff appearances in the AL.

Edited by flavum