**SPOILER THREAD** GAME OF THRONES ** SPOILER THREAD **

TaylorStSox

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 01:39 PM)
Where were Varys's birds on letting them know where the Lannisters army was going?

That to me is the biggest problem. While it may have been hard to track the Lannister army, you would have thought they would have had some advanced warning that the Tarley's flipped. You have to imagine someone was still loyal to the Tyrells.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 12:43 PM)
That to me is the biggest problem. While it may have been hard to track the Lannister army, you would have thought they would have had some advanced warning that the Tarley's flipped. You have to imagine someone was still loyal to the Tyrells.

Yeah, the information asymmetry is pretty staggering. The Lannisters know everything (including battle reports from the fighting pits of Meereen) because, presumably, Qyburn took over Varys' network of "little birds" (which kind of leaves Varys without any real use). Dany's team literally knows nothing and is bumbling around blindly (didn't know Euron had a giant fleet, didn't know the Lannisters had abandoned Casterly Rock, didn't know that Tarly had flipped to the Lannisters).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 31, 2017 -> 04:15 PM)
Can we all agree that if someone is planning to post any of the alleged "leaked" future scripts that they put spoiler tags on them?

Those people should be banned from the board! Don't do that here. I don't want to know.

Been waiting on that one for awhile.

For some reason, expected the gold to be intercepted they kept on referencing it so much.

Now that there's balance in the Westeros war again...do they turn to the common enemy in the North or go after the Greyjoy fleet?

How will Jamie resurface with his iron hand? When will Jon Snow and Danaerys hook up? What do the Dothraki do when not fighting, and where will they go? How do you match the Dothraki and Unsullied with a looming naval battle? Will/Do they mount a rescue mission to liberate Ueron's captives? Does the Iron Bank flip sides again? How does the catapult weapon launch something so flimsy that Danaerys can almost break it off with her bare hands?

Edited by caulfield12

First off, the battle scene was pretty great IMO.

The Tarlys being with the Lannisters and talking about fighting the Tyrells adds some clarity to how easily Highgarden fell. it was assumed but good to see confirmed.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 09:46 AM)
Subtle awesome moment: Bran saying "Chaos is a ladder" to Littlefinger.

That is a phrase Littlefinger used when talking alone to Varys in season 3. Bran knows your game, bro.

And Baelish reacted like "f***, he knows"

So, just so I'm clear. There was a bit of interplay between the "previously" and the episode where it showed Baelish telling Cat Stark the dagger belonged to Tyrion Lannister, but then in the show Baelish telling Bran he didn't know who the dagger belonged to. Obviously, Bran (the most charismatic character in the world) would know now.

So, is that accurate? We haven't known how involved littlefinger was in promoting the war of the 5 kings, so maybe we find out in the coming weeks.

Littlefinger is getting pushed out to margins right now, they do not appear to be setting him up for redemption.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 10:55 AM)
So, just so I'm clear. There was a bit of interplay between the "previously" and the episode where it showed Baelish telling Cat Stark the dagger belonged to Tyrion Lannister, but then in the show Baelish telling Bran he didn't know who the dagger belonged to. Obviously, Bran (the most charismatic character in the world) would know now.

So, is that accurate? We haven't known how involved littlefinger was in promoting the war of the 5 kings, so maybe we find out in the coming weeks.

Littlefinger is getting pushed out to margins right now, they do not appear to be setting him up for redemption.

IIRC, Littlefinger lost the dagger in a bet with Robert. Joffrey stole the dagger from Robert to give to the cut throat to "put Bran out of his misery."

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 11:28 AM)
IIRC, Littlefinger lost the dagger in a bet with Robert. Joffrey stole the dagger from Robert to give to the cut throat to "put Bran out of his misery."

Why did he tell Bran he didn't know where the dagger came from then? Unless I'm misremembering that line.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 10:28 AM)

I'm pretty sure that's the implication in the books. Tyrion does an investigation and confronts Joffrey with his accusation. Based on how uncomfortable it makes Joffrey, Tyrion decides that the theory is correct.

I don't think the show universe has had anything like that, however. IIRC, the assassination mystery is still unknown in the show.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 11:37 AM)
Why did he tell Bran he didn't know where the dagger came from then? Unless I'm misremembering that line.

I may be misremembering this as well, but I thought he said he didn't know how it got into the assassin's hands, not who the dagger belonged to.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Aug 7, 2017 -> 11:41 AM)
I may be misremembering this as well, but I thought he said he didn't know how it got into the assassin's hands, not who the dagger belonged to.

Tyrion definitely owned the dagger at some point. I'm fairly certain that's true in both the shows and the books. LF uses that info to create chaos in both universes because it sets Cat on a path that leads to her kidnapping Tyrion and the chaos that ensues. In the books, LF is just taking advantage of an opportunity. In the show? Who knows at this point.