Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 3:02 AM, Brian said:

Thought Eternals was pretty boring and felt out of place. 
Didn’t like the zhao hiring when it was announced and think it was just a bad pair.

Still haven’t finished it…have tried to watch it twice now.  This comes from a huge fan of her American West-themed indie work.

In fact, throwing in an Eternals South Dakota scene seemed even more forced.

Edited by caulfield12

On 11/8/2021 at 3:11 PM, Tony said:

So did anyone see Eternals this weekend? First MCU movie in a while I'll wait until home release

What works: The film is gorgeous, performances are good, soundtrack is a banger, they don't undercut scenes with jokes.

What doesn't work: There's a lot of exposition. The non-linear storytelling doesn't work in my opinion. 

I feel like it needed to be two films, with one set in the past and one set in the present, to really sell the scale of the conflict.

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

I’ve been watching the films in chronological order. Currently am on number 13, Age of Ultron.

Only 16 left after this one. 😆

Is this a rewatch for you or are you a unicorn that never watched and is doing the binge 

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Is this a rewatch for you or are you a unicorn that never watched and is doing the binge 

I had seen a few upon release… Iron Man 1 & 2… Guardians 1 & 2… Avengers Infinity War…

But all others I hadn’t seen.

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

Have you seen this trend on YouTube where it's people watching movies for the first time? They will show like clips of the movie 6-7 seconds at a time and the people are basically reacting for 20 minutes. It's incredibly annoying, but what I find "interesting" is the list of movies they claim they have never seen. 

This channel for example: https://www.youtube.com/c/PopcornInBed

Some of the movies she has never seen include: Shawshank, Stand By Me, Back To The Future, Saving Private Ryan, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Alien, Jaws, The Breakfast Club, Pulp Fiction, Office Space, Jurassic Park, Terminator, Wizard of Oz, and so on and so on. 

How the hell do you have a successful movie channel and never seen this movies?!?!

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What's your overall impression at this point?

I’m pretty amazed by the overall scope of the project. For some reason I tend to like the Captain America movies the best so far. No idea why.

Edit: Maybe it’s the origin stories that I seem to enjoy because the first Thor also stood out to me and the first Guardians. 

Edited by hi8is
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

I’m pretty amazed by the overall scope of the project. For some reason I tend to like the Captain America movies the best so far. No idea why.

That's fair. Personally not a fan of the Iron Man and Thor (besides third one) movies. Love the characters but not their movies, really.

Edited by Bob Sacamano

4 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I've been watching the Sam Raimi Spider Man movies with my fiancee since she has never seen them. There's definitely things I like about that series more than the Tom Holland one. I like that the suit isn't high tech and the feeling of not being in someone's else's shadow each movie.

I'll second this. I understand why Sony made having an MCU character in each film and why Tony gave Peter a high tech suit, but god, I just want Peter to shine on his own.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Tony said:

Have you seen this trend on YouTube where it's people watching movies for the first time? They will show like clips of the movie 6-7 seconds at a time and the people are basically reacting for 20 minutes. It's incredibly annoying, but what I find "interesting" is the list of movies they claim they have never seen. 

This channel for example: https://www.youtube.com/c/PopcornInBed

Some of the movies she has never seen include: Shawshank, Stand By Me, Back To The Future, Saving Private Ryan, Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Alien, Jaws, The Breakfast Club, Pulp Fiction, Office Space, Jurassic Park, Terminator, Wizard of Oz, and so on and so on. 

How the hell do you have a successful movie channel and never seen this movies?!?!

There is a super depressing thing im grasping as I get older that the movies/shows/quotes that were my wheelhouse growing up are 20 years old and a lot of kids are watching them for the first time.

and it ain't right I don't like it

29 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

I've been watching the Sam Raimi Spider Man movies with my fiancee since she has never seen them. There's definitely things I like about that series more than the Tom Holland one. I like that the suit isn't high tech and the feeling of not being in someone's else's shadow each movie.

Raimi set the bar for the MCU,  the humor tone and style.  IMO he crashed out making SM3 but he was forced to put something in the movie he didn't want to(venom) and it changed everything.

I am REALLY looking forward to Raimi Dr Strange 

• Like 1