Marvel Entertainment Thread

WilliamTell

Reading a lot of good reviews for Strange 2.  If you wish to remain unspoiled you better hit twitter and mute a whole bunch of words like "Dr strange" "multiverse of madness" "Scarlett witch" and "Illuminati"

• Like 1

The only thing I'll say about the movie for now is that it feels like both an MCU movie and very much a Sam Raimi movie stylistically. For those bringing kids (sorta spoiler, but not a plot spoiler):

Spoiler

There are also some definite horror elements, so it might be a bit freaky for them at times.

That's the closest we will have to Army if Darkness in the MCU.  So much fun, they didn't bloat it with multiverse stuff like I kind of thought would happen.  Lot of good red herrings in the trailers!

• Thanks 2

On 5/7/2022 at 8:44 AM, Quin said:

The only thing I'll say about the movie for now is that it feels like both an MCU movie and very much a Sam Raimi movie stylistically. For those bringing kids (sorta spoiler, but not a plot spoiler):

Reveal hidden contents

I'm going to the Theater on Tuesday to see it.  Will I be somewhat confused since I never watched Wandavision?....it seems like she is key to the plot.

I have enjoyed Raimi since Evil Dead, etc.  I just had the family watch the First 2 Spiderman movies and #3 tonight.  I'll follow that with the 2 Amazing Spidermans and finish on Monday with the new flick.  I have been holding off watching that one until my birthday because I thought it would be fun to watch the others leading up to it and get most of the references we would have missed otherwise.  It's been fun so far.  

3 hours ago, wegner said:

I'm going to the Theater on Tuesday to see it.  Will I be somewhat confused since I never watched Wandavision?....it seems like she is key to the plot.

I have enjoyed Raimi since Evil Dead, etc.  I just had the family watch the First 2 Spiderman movies and #3 tonight.  I'll follow that with the 2 Amazing Spidermans and finish on Monday with the new flick.  I have been holding off watching that one until my birthday because I thought it would be fun to watch the others leading up to it and get most of the references we would have missed otherwise.  It's been fun so far.  

You could get through the movie without WandaVision, but you'd have to just roll with a lot of plot from Wanda's side that gets explained with quick dialogue intended for viewers who didn't see WandaVision.

For context, before covid, MoM was supposed to air the week immediately following WandaVision. My advice is to try and binge it, read a plot summary, or watch the Marvel Legends episode on Disney Plus about Scarlet Witch (which will have WandaVision spoilers).

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

You could get through the movie without WandaVision, but you'd have to just roll with a lot of plot from Wanda's side that gets explained with quick dialogue intended for viewers who didn't see WandaVision.

For context, before covid, MoM was supposed to air the week immediately following WandaVision. My advice is to try and binge it, read a plot summary, or watch the Marvel Legends episode on Disney Plus about Scarlet Witch (which will have WandaVision spoilers).

Thanks.  I'll read a plot summary about WandaVision since I don't have Disney+

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 6:10 PM, Tony said:

This is by far the project I’m most excited about 

While a lot of people are down on this roster, the interactions should be great. Hoping Taskmaster is given a personality.

Also hoping they add Abomination and are sitting on his reveal because of She-Hulk spoilers:

Spoiler

Blonsky's current parole deal where he can't change into Abomination.

Would also love to see Justin Hammer somehow connected. If they add those two this roster goes from Good to Amazing.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Quin said:

While a lot of people are down on this roster, the interactions should be great. Hoping Taskmaster is given a personality.

Also hoping they add Abomination and are sitting on his reveal because of She-Hulk spoilers:

Reveal hidden contents

Would also love to see Justin Hammer somehow connected. If they add those two this roster goes from Good to Amazing.

Agreed. Other than being super soldiers, Ghost is the only one with powers. I would love for Abomination to be added.

On 9/12/2022 at 8:21 AM, Bob Sacamano said:

Agreed. Other than being super soldiers, Ghost is the only one with powers. I would love for Abomination to be added.

Zemo needs to be involved in this movie somehow 

She Hulk was pretty funny this week, but man was it a quick episode 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really despise the haters regarding She-Hulk.

SHE'S SUPPOSED TO BE SILLY AND RIDICULOUS.

I'm glad that in episode 8 she is finally realizing what Bruce told her about being a Super Hero in Episode 1 and being more aware of the idiots who try to use her and bring her down.