Multiple Victims in Charleston SC Church Shooting

Rex Kickass

This makes me ill.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/201...h_carolina.html

Police responded to a shooting at a downtown Charleston, South Carolina church on Wednesday night. The details are still a bit sketchy, but there are reports, as of yet unconfirmed, that multiple people have been shot at the historic black church Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal. The church holds Bible study every Wednesday, according to CNN. Charleston police have identified the suspect as a white male, approximately 21 years old.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stuff leaves me speechless. Guy shouldn't be able to get far with a stupid ass haircut like that. I'm so mature.

Shooter reportedly sat in the prayer circle for an hour before opening fire.

Edited by Brian

Church Shooting Suspect Identified: Dylann Storm Roof

The FBI has identified the shooting suspect who allegedly opened fire on an African American church in Charleston, South Carolina on Wednesday night, killing 9 people.

The alleged shooter is Dylann Storm Roof, a 21-year-old white male from the Columbia area, according to local news station WISTV. A manhunt is still underway to find him.

Roof is out on bond for charges related to drugs and trespassing, according to an editor for The Post and Courier. A mug shot for his trespassing arrest can be viewed here.

The alleged shooter reportedly said, “I have to do it. You rape our women and you’re taking over our country. And you have to go,” according to a witness interviewed by NBC News.

Look at this dudes FB page and he has the weird "I am going to kill people look" as his profile picture. He has 87 friends that appear to be a mixture of all races. Who would be this crazy persons friend.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 09:55 AM)
Look at this dudes FB page and he has the weird "I am going to kill people look" as his profile picture. He has 87 friends that appear to be a mixture of all races. Who would be this crazy persons friend.

People aren't crazy until they are.

That's why it's pretty common to hear the old, "Wow, he was my neighbor for 30 years and was always very nice, we had no idea he was eating people!".

The nutbar wielding an axe on a daily basis is much easier to point at and say, wow, that dudes insane, maybe we should call someone...but for the most part, crazy people are very normal...until the day they snap. This is one of the drawbacks to being a chemical and electrical form of life, normal can become crazy quite easily.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:17 AM)
People aren't crazy until they are.

That's why it's pretty common to hear the old, "Wow, he was my neighbor for 30 years and was always very nice, we had no idea he was eating people!".

The nutbar wielding an axe on a daily basis is much easier to point at and say, wow, that dudes insane, maybe we should call someone...but for the most part, crazy people are very normal...until the day they snap. This is one of the drawbacks to being a chemical and electrical form of life, normal can become crazy quite easily.

I get that. But if some dude sends me a friend request and he looks like that in his profile picture I am ignoring the s*** out of it. Or I am telling him dude whats up with your profile pick? You alright man?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:19 AM)
I get that. But if some dude sends me a friend request and he looks like that in his profile picture I am ignoring the s*** out of it. Or I am telling him dude whats up with your profile pick? You alright man?

I don't think I've once paid attention to a persons profile pic when deciding whether to accept a friend request. And for that matter, basing everything I know about a person because they posted a single picture? Come on.

Yeah that's ridiculous. He could just be trying to be funny. You can't tell that stuff through a picture.

Sounds like they just caught him in NC. Would love to know what the motive was here, especially after spending an hour with those people in the church.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
Yeah that's ridiculous. He could just be trying to be funny. You can't tell that stuff through a picture.

Sounds like they just caught him in NC. Would love to know what the motive was here, especially after spending an hour with those people in the church.

I'm going to go with racist murderer.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
I don't think I've once paid attention to a persons profile pic when deciding whether to accept a friend request. And for that matter, basing everything I know about a person because they posted a single picture? Come on.

You must have a ton of friends that are phishing trolls then. LOL

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)

I found this quote insightful in regards to your question.

“I never heard him say anything, but just he had that kind of Southern pride, I guess some would say. Strong conservative beliefs,” he said. “He made a lot of racist jokes, but you don’t really take them seriously like that. You don’t really think of it like that.”

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
Lol, I see, so being southern and conservative that tells some racist jokes means you're a murderer?

The best way to change stereotypes is to perform the stereotypical act.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 11:23 AM)

I seem to recall the nutbag that shot Giffords was called a conservative for a few weeks until it was discovered that he was a huge liberal. And a nutbag. In fact, every shooter seems to be labeled a conservative in a knee-jerk fashion, and most of the time, they are wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 12:04 PM)

Because that is a common stereotype that people in this country actually believe. I don't think people generally in this country believe that southern conservatives are murderers. But hey, perhaps i'm wrong.