What should have JM do?

KipWellsFan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering the fact that Schoen and SUlly are getting lots of work, and Marte and Gordon are WAY overworked...that leaves you Adkins, Wunsch, Koch and Paniagua. I go with Koch there, the guy has been getting hit around, but I still think he gets 3 outs without anyone else having to come in. Paniagua hasn't had any succes in MLB in quite some time, he got cut twice in ST. What makes anyone think that he is suddenly gonna be effective?

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't screaming at my television while Paniagua was grooving pitches - he was getting squeezed a bit - I head he got ejected. But Manuel has play the hand he is dealt and he needs to get guys like Schoenwies, Paniagua, and Koch work if we are serious about this drive. We will need them to throw some innings for mop up or set up duty.

I would have liked to see Koch. Ending that game would have been good for his confidence.

I agree...I wouldve felt more comfortable with Koch....SCREW Paniagua!!!! PLUS HE GOT EJECTED!!! WHAT A JACKASS!!!! How the F*ck can you argue balls and strikes after throwing cock shots and getting jacked all over the field....I dont think hes gonna see action for the rest of the season...

I agree...I wouldve felt more comfortable with Koch....SCREW Paniagua!!!!  PLUS HE GOT EJECTED!!! WHAT A JACKASS!!!!  How the F*ck can you argue balls and strikes after throwing cock shots and getting jacked all over the field....I dont think hes gonna see action for the rest of the season...

Him getting ejected disgusted me, just sit down and sulk by yourself on the bench.

That is not the kind of attitude you want to show in your first game. :angry:

Him getting ejected disgusted me, just sit down and sulk by yourself on the bench.

That is not the kind of attitude you want to show in your first game. :angry:

I agree....we dont have room for a sore loser like "Bread and Water"...

:angry:

I did here he was throwing out the :finger from the dugout!!! Lol...What an ass

I agree with bringing Paniagua into the game in an8-2 situation as well. I would have MUCH rather seen Koch, you know, the guy we gave up Keith Foulke for. I think that we'd paid high enough of a price to get to see the guy since his "rehab" assignment.

With that said, f*** JERRY MANUEL :fyou !!!!!!! This isn't the 67th game of the season against the Detroit Tigers. This is the biggest series, and therefore the biggest game, of the season to date. As soon as the Devil Ray flunkee gives up two hits he's GOT TO BE PULLED, no questions asked. Perhaps no one was warm in the pen, I know that Marte and Gordon were warming, but I don't know at what point they started. Also, leaving Flash in against Jones was questionable at best. We have the best LHRP in the league warm in the pen and JM goes with a gut call. This guy cannot manage a pen. I was ecstatic when we got to the 9th inning thinking to myself how much of a statement this game was turning out to be. I should have known that JM would find a way to take an 8-2 lead and turn it into a momentum builder for the Twinkies. What's even worse is that tomorrow, atleast in my opinion, is the 1 game of the series, with Santana pitching, that we need to be ready for a true battle to score runs. Way to go jm, I hope we keep you around for another 5 years!!!

I guess Manuel's only mistake would have been leaving him in for too long.

That's the only mistake I think he made. You have to keep a guy like P (someone who hasn't been in the MLB for awhile) on a short leash. Manuel game him enough rope to hang himself and potentially the rest of the team.

he should have been able to get through the ninth with Sullivan, Schoeneweis and WUNSCH.

this was no time to experiment with some guy who was pitching in the Pan-Am Games a month ago.

he ain't the guy who pitched for Seattle three years ago

even manuel admitted in the post-game that he gave the Twinkies a little life for tomorrow.

that was flat-out dumb

What he should have done is MADE SURE that there was no chance that the Twins had a shot to get back into the game.

Obviously, he didn't do that.

And for that, he is a complete moron.

And you can rip me all you want for saying that, but it's the TRUTH.

Here's to you JM for almost blowing the biggest game of the year by throwing a pitcher released in spring training by Tampa Bay.

:fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

What he should have done is MADE SURE that there was no chance that the Twins had a shot to get back into the game.

Obviously, he didn't do that.

And for that, he is a complete moron.

And you can rip me all you want for saying that, but it's the TRUTH.

Here's to you JM for almost blowing the biggest game of the year by throwing a pitcher released in spring training by Tampa Bay.

:fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou :fyou

Why rip you when you are right :huh: ?