My crazy trade still works

BamaDoc

Apologies to those who already saw this in the trade deadline deals. We are now in the waiver period where teams can block waivers/trades at the risk of being given contracts outright. Normally, low value or high priced people(bad contracts) can get through. Once through waivers, trades can be worked out as long as the traded players have also cleared waivers or are not on the 40 man roster. Typically, role player goes for couple A ballers who prob won't pan out.

My deal still works if we feel we can go for it but I was not willing to give up any prospect of value. I thought SD had to sell or will have to with losses as well as we wouldn't if we lose 5 in a row. This is dollars

Matt Kemp no particular R/L splits 30 yrs old , cooling off but OPS.987 last mos to RF. Avi platoons with LaRoche and Avi can sub in if wakes up. John Danks to SD. Big ballpark favors his pitching and he had sub 3.00 ERA vs NL. E Johnson comes up and replaces Danks. Our reasoning, add a bat and possible Johnson out performs Danks. SD reasoning Kemp owed 87 million after this year over 4 yrs. Dodgers paying 3.75 per or 14 million….73 remain …..Danks just short of 16…57 remain over four years or about 14.25 per. After 2016, LaRoche contract up Kemp could DH. Make no mistake, I think Kemps last couple years might not be pretty so the fight is over what SD kicks in in salary relief. If you get Dodgers money and SD kicks in 2 the first two years and 4-5 the next two maybe it works.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
Apologies to those who already saw this in the trade deadline deals. We are now in the waiver period where teams can block waivers/trades at the risk of being given contracts outright. Normally, low value or high priced people(bad contracts) can get through. Once through waivers, trades can be worked out as long as the traded players have also cleared waivers or are not on the 40 man roster. Typically, role player goes for couple A ballers who prob won't pan out.

My deal still works if we feel we can go for it but I was not willing to give up any prospect of value. I thought SD had to sell or will have to with losses as well as we wouldn't if we lose 5 in a row. This is dollars

Matt Kemp no particular R/L splits 30 yrs old , cooling off but OPS.987 last mos to RF. Avi platoons with LaRoche and Avi can sub in if wakes up. John Danks to SD. Big ballpark favors his pitching and he had sub 3.00 ERA vs NL. E Johnson comes up and replaces Danks. Our reasoning, add a bat and possible Johnson out performs Danks. SD reasoning Kemp owed 87 million after this year over 4 yrs. Dodgers paying 3.75 per or 14 million….73 remain …..Danks just short of 16…57 remain over four years or about 14.25 per. After 2016, LaRoche contract up Kemp could DH. Make no mistake, I think Kemps last couple years might not be pretty so the fight is over what SD kicks in in salary relief. If you get Dodgers money and SD kicks in 2 the first two years and 4-5 the next two maybe it works.

If the Padres are kicking back that much money, there's no way they are also going to be willing to take on Danks' contract as well.

As you said, big ballpark favors almost anyone's pitching, not just Danks...so there are 50 other starters they could acquire for cheaper.

All depends on how desperate they are to get rid of Kemp going into next season, and if they're totally going to start from scratch again by dealing Shields, Cashner and Ross, as well as Will Myers.

Just as likely, they'd want us to take BJ Upton or someone like that if we were to send them Danks.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
If the Padres are kicking back that much money, there's no way they are also going to be willing to take on Danks' contract as well.

As you said, big ballpark favors almost anyone's pitching, not just Danks...so there are 50 other starters they could acquire for cheaper.

All depends on how desperate they are to get rid of Kemp going into next season, and if they're totally going to start from scratch again by dealing Shields, Cashner and Ross, as well as Will Myers.

Just as likely, they'd want us to take BJ Upton or someone like that if we were to send them Danks.

HAHA I think I made the same proposal for Ryan Braun who can actually field his position and is signed for another 5 yrs at $105M only in my world the Brewers take LaRoche and Avi . Totally unrealistic I know but teams get desperate to shed those huge contracts.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Aug 1, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)

From our point of view, I like it. I can't get my arms around it from Pad's point of view. Trouble is, San Diego is now on a winning streak, partly because of Kemp's improved play.

I looked at Eithier. Better contract but didn't see Danks fitting Dodgers as well. Eithier has pronounced splits like LaRoche and shouldn't bat vs lefties so without two platoon partners one probably plays vs lefties and I killed it because of that.