2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 23, 2015 -> 10:48 PM)
New offense give Rose lots of space to create, he looked good. And McDermott hit the game-winner

He is easy to rip and brings most of it on himself, but DRose may be turning a corner. He is nowhere near 100%, he can't even open his eye all the way, but he played. That is definitely a huge departure from the past. Maybe someone other than Reggie got through to him. Hopefully, his speech about his next contract providing him financial stability was rock bottom. I hope he can stay healthy. Obviously that seems like a pipe dream, but his knees seem fine. He was explosive on the floor, easily as fast and quick as I have seen him since he won the MVP.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 24, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
He is easy to rip and brings most of it on himself, but DRose may be turning a corner. He is nowhere near 100%, he can't even open his eye all the way, but he played. That is definitely a huge departure from the past. Maybe someone other than Reggie got through to him. Hopefully, his speech about his next contract providing him financial stability was rock bottom. I hope he can stay healthy. Obviously that seems like a pipe dream, but his knees seem fine. He was explosive on the floor, easily as fast and quick as I have seen him since he won the MVP.

We can only hope.

I haven't given up on the kid.

First NBA game is tomorrow at 7 CT, Bulls vs Cavs.

?/Butler/Snell/Mirotic/Gasol for the Bulls. Looks as if LeBron and Love will play for the Cavs, but Irving is out and Mozgov should be out.

"?" at point guard because Rose will play but he may come off the bench.

My prediction:

Loss in the ECF to the Cavs. Unless Lebron tears an ACL, no way the Bulls get past a healthy Cavs team. Too many weapons. If they couldn't do it last year without Love, without JR Smith for some games, and a hobbled Kyrie, it's not happening.

That said, they'll be the one seed. I think the Cavs take a page out of the Spurs' book and they start resting guys more often. Lebron in particular. They'll be so-so early with all their guys hurt, but when it counts they'll still be the overwhelming favorite.

Beyond that I think the Cavs lose to whoever comes out of the West. I'm picking OKC. Durant is going to have a monster "FU" type year. He's the MVP too.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
My prediction:

Loss in the ECF to the Cavs. Unless Lebron tears an ACL, no way the Bulls get past a healthy Cavs team. Too many weapons. If they couldn't do it last year without Love, without JR Smith for some games, and a hobbled Kyrie, it's not happening.

That said, they'll be the one seed. I think the Cavs take a page out of the Spurs' book and they start resting guys more often. Lebron in particular. They'll be so-so early with all their guys hurt, but when it counts they'll still be the overwhelming favorite.

Beyond that I think the Cavs lose to whoever comes out of the West. I'm picking OKC. Durant is going to have a monster "FU" type year. He's the MVP too.

LeBron having back problems to the point of a shot before the regular season has even started is a huge red flag.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 01:39 PM)
Bulls are a -3 tomorrow.

That seems crazy to me.I can't justify them as a favorite. New system and Rose has almost no playing time. I realize Kyrie is out but they still have LBJ and Love and company. I'm obviously a homer and think the Bulls can win, but if I were being objective, I would think at worse you'd have these teams even.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 12:59 PM)
Man you guys are optimistic. I don't know, I think wiz/bucks are going to be better. We'll get into playoffs but that's it.

I'm with you. It'll be interesting to see the Hoiberg effect on this team, but that's about it. They'll probably finish 5th or 6th in the East squeak by the first round and get bounced in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Oct 26, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
That seems crazy to me.I can't justify them as a favorite. New system and Rose has almost no playing time. I realize Kyrie is out but they still have LBJ and Love and company. I'm obviously a homer and think the Bulls can win, but if I were being objective, I would think at worse you'd have these teams even.

Aren't Shump and Mozgov hurt? And LBJ's back.

I'm irrationally excited about tonight/this NBA season. I fully expect the Bulls to disappoint and get steamrolled by Lebron & Co. again. Yet i'm still excited & hopeful. I felt the same 2 years ago with the Bears and that didn't turn out very well. Here's to a much better result!

I'm jealous. I was so pumped for last year. Reminds me of the sox this year. I went in last year thinking we finally had all this shooting and depth, then I look at the same team this year and think "man we have no shooting or depth".

And to think, we were up by 10 points to the cavs in the fourth quarter with 8 minutes to go up 2 games to 1, and Lebron had just rolled his ankle.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 27, 2015 -> 11:51 AM)
I'm jealous. I was so pumped for last year. Reminds me of the sox this year. I went in last year thinking we finally had all this shooting and depth, then I look at the same team this year and think "man we have no shooting or depth".

And to think, we were up by 10 points to the cavs in the fourth quarter with 8 minutes to go up 2 games to 1, and Lebron had just rolled his ankle.

And to think that Lebron's GW that game was preceded by Blatt calling an imaginary timeout, which should have been called a technical foul.