2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 02:03 AM)
Terrible offensive half for the Bulls against the worst defensive team in the NBA.

They are almost unwatchable this year. It's disappointing to have so little interest in them so early in the season.

Edited by fathom

And the Bucks of all teams, yeesh.

Well when MCW goes 70% from the field, it's definitely not your night.

On the Bulls, I think they'll definitely make a move before the deadline, they look pretty sluggish currently. As for who'd they target I'm not sure, if they want an upgrade for a stretch 4 over Mirotic, Ryan Anderson is probably the best available. I just think they're sort of stuck in a holding pattern until Rose inevitably moves on when his contract finishes.

Otherwise maybe you trade Gasol for a guaranteed 1st and reload for next season potentially.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
And the Bucks of all teams, yeesh.

Well when MCW goes 70% from the field, it's definitely not your night.

On the Bulls, I think they'll definitely make a move before the deadline, they look pretty sluggish currently. As for who'd they target I'm not sure, if they want an upgrade for a stretch 4 over Mirotic, Ryan Anderson is probably the best available. I just think they're sort of stuck in a holding pattern until Rose inevitably moves on when his contract finishes.

Otherwise maybe you trade Gasol for a guaranteed 1st and reload for next season potentially.

John Paxson and Gar Forman are unfamiliar with the "trades" verb you speak of. There is "signing Kirk Hinrich" and "draft players with Iowa St ties" and that's it.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 01:44 AM)
John Paxson and Gar Forman are unfamiliar with the "trades" verb you speak of. There is "signing Kirk Hinrich" and "draft players with Iowa St ties" and that's it.

I agree. They don't make trades unless it's to clear salary or get a pick. They are a very reactionary front office who lack creativity and overvalue their players until their contracts are about to run out. Then they end up selling low on the players.

On a different note, I didn't know OJ Mayo is starting for Milwaukee at PG. I know he was thought to be a combo guard coming out of high school/college. He had a pretty good night.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
If Rose got to replay his career 100 times from the draft onward, how many of them would be worse than the version we've gotten? 10? 5?

It sucks.

In a parallel universe, Rose never gets injured and has led the Bulls to an NBA title... :)