2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Cowley:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/13...alistic-returns

Chicago Bulls have discussed a 3 way trade with the Boston Celtics and a mystery team that would send Pau Gasol out bringing back picks and a rotation big man. Bulls had interesting talks involving a trade with the Boston Celtics/3rd Team as of late Wednesday afternoon but talks have gone silent as the Bulls are asking for too much value in return for Gasol/Taj.

It amazes me how Cowley could even have a source within that org. LOL

Cowley actually had me cracking up the other day. He was on with Bernstein and he was pretty much saying how the Bulls send him hate mail when he writes a negative article about them and threaten lawsuits at times. Pretty hilarious how he has no regard for what people think of him or how he isnt afraid to become and enemy to a team instead of a yes man. I never liked Cowley to much but I respect that part about him.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)

Cowley actually had me cracking up the other day. He was on with Bernstein and he was pretty much saying how the Bulls send him hate mail when he writes a negative article about them and threaten lawsuits at times. Pretty hilarious how he has no regard for what people think of him or how he isnt afraid to become and enemy to a team instead of a yes man. I never liked Cowley to much but I respect that part about him.

I'll always remember when Cowley said I live in a basement with my mom. LOL.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)

Yeah, it seemed like a show when he was with Sox to parlay it into a bigger gig and to be Marriotti. But, honestly, I kind of admire it too. It's annoying. I can't read it. But he is the only beat writer in Chicago who beats out national reporters.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
How do I not remember that. What was the context of that one? LOL

He was butt hurt over a rumor that SoxNet reported and blasted us and Mark Gonzalez in the process. Had some back and forth with him. Easily as snide, if not more snide in terms of various correspondence. Now I just laugh at it, cause its his bully schtick. For all we know, he could be the nicest guy on the planet, but people pay him the big bucks to be an ass (its the niche he's found).

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 05:28 PM)
Yeah, it seemed like a show when he was with Sox to parlay it into a bigger gig and to be Marriotti. But, honestly, I kind of admire it too. It's annoying. I can't read it. But he is the only beat writer in Chicago who beats out national reporters.

He got Marriottis job didn't he? Then he popped off about the female pilot, got suspended, and became a beat writer again. His final couple of years with the White Sox, there was nothing more he seemed to want than Ozzie and Oney's approval.

QUOTE (shipps @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 05:25 PM)

Before or after he made up the Rose-Butler feud?

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 05:18 PM)
Per Cowley:

http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/13...alistic-returns

Chicago Bulls have discussed a 3 way trade with the Boston Celtics and a mystery team that would send Pau Gasol out bringing back picks and a rotation big man. Bulls had interesting talks involving a trade with the Boston Celtics/3rd Team as of late Wednesday afternoon but talks have gone silent as the Bulls are asking for too much value in return for Gasol/Taj.

The tides have turned! Maybe now it's the Bulls who won't trade Gasol unless they get Tyrus Thomas back in the deal!

I don't think McLemore is that good, and the Bulls already have Butler for the #2 guard spot.

If I'm trading Gasol, I'd want at least a good starting SF. Try to get a Gallinari type of player in a 3 team deal or something.

Otherwise, you might as well just hang onto Gasol and re-sign him really.

If the Bulls could get Gallinari for Gasol, the deal would have happened a long time ago. The sweetner here is the Bulls are getting a solid first round pick for Pau, plus a solid defensive big and well, who knows what McLemore is.

I think this leak might also be someone trying to get another team to up the anti. I also wonder if a larger deal might be possible for one of the Sixers youngsters as well. Interesting Woj's piece talking about how much Pau wants to stay. I wonder if Bulls ultimately do this, add assets, and then bring back Pau anyway this off-season. I would have thought Pau wasn't interested, but maybe things really aren't near as bad as perceived on the outside from a chemistry issue.

Supposedly this deal is very close.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 11:36 PM)
If the Bulls could get Gallinari for Gasol, the deal would have happened a long time ago. The sweetner here is the Bulls are getting a solid first round pick for Pau, plus a solid defensive big and well, who knows what McLemore is.

I think this leak might also be someone trying to get another team to up the anti. I also wonder if a larger deal might be possible for one of the Sixers youngsters as well. Interesting Woj's piece talking about how much Pau wants to stay. I wonder if Bulls ultimately do this, add assets, and then bring back Pau anyway this off-season. I would have thought Pau wasn't interested, but maybe things really aren't near as bad as perceived on the outside from a chemistry issue.

I can 100% see the Bulls dealing Pau then resigning him in the off-season.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 11:36 PM)

Koufos is owed $24 million over the next 3 years. I'd probably still do it though to ensure myself of the pick and McLemore

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 11:31 PM)
I don't think McLemore is that good, and the Bulls already have Butler for the #2 guard spot.

If I'm trading Gasol, I'd want at least a good starting SF. Try to get a Gallinari type of player in a 3 team deal or something.

Otherwise, you might as well just hang onto Gasol and re-sign him really.

If it's that certain that Gasol is opting out after the season, then we wouldn't be able to get someone as good as Gallinari.