2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 14, 2016 -> 09:17 AM)
So Lebron trying to start s*** with Warriors.

I think Lebron is best when he keeps his trap shut.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/steph-curr...h-cavs-warriors

He didn't say anything wrong. At the same time, it probably would be best for him to keep quiet. Which seems impossible for him to do this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 14, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
He didn't say anything wrong. At the same time, it probably would be best for him to keep quiet. Which seems impossible for him to do this year.

You are correct in the sense that one man's opinion can't really be wrong or right. That being said, why throw shade at Curry or Kerr for that matter? It just ends up sounding like sour grapes.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 14, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
You are correct in the sense that one man's opinion can't really be wrong or right. That being said, why throw shade at Curry or Kerr for that matter? It just ends up sounding like sour grapes.

Which is why I said he should just keep quiet. He's been running his mouth all year. The Warriors are definitely in his head. LeBron's legacy is at stake here. And he knows it. You had the legitimate excuse last year with no Irving/Love. If he loses to Curry (assuming they beat okc) again with a fully healthy squad, then it's officially the Steph Curry era and he'll never win another title again.

Lebron to the Warriors...haha...that will help repair his legacy.

Trying to see him co-exist with Green and Curry would be fascinating. But it will never happen in a million years.

What's the latest conjecture about where Durant will end up? 50% return to OKC? Or less? Or depends entirely on how this season ends for Oklahoma City?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2016 -> 10:11 PM)
Lebron to the Warriors...haha...that will help repair his legacy.

Trying to see him co-exist with Green and Curry would be fascinating. But it will never happen in a million years.

What's the latest conjecture about where Durant will end up? 50% return to OKC? Or less? Or depends entirely on how this season ends for Oklahoma City?

staying in OKC

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 14, 2016 -> 10:17 AM)
So Lebron trying to start s*** with Warriors.

I think Lebron is best when he keeps his trap shut.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/05/steph-curr...h-cavs-warriors

I don't even understand his point. It sounds like he's saying that Steph was the best player but not the most valuable, when I think the opposite argument would be the most helpful to LeBron. A lot of people would still say that LeBron is the best player even if Steph appears more valuable right now. In any case, he makes it really unclear what it is that he's trying to say.

Yeah, LeBron still feels he's the best overall player in the game...is maybe a little jealous of all the attention the Warriors are getting, this idea they're making a mockery of the league and that LeBron's prime is nearing an end...it would have been better to say "Hey, the dude's a deserving MVP. All you had to do was watch him light it up for 17 the other night in OT. But I still believe when it comes down to it that I'm the best player in the world and I look forward to proving that in the Finals."

The End

As someone noted, last year there was the injury excuse. This year, he doesn't have that to fall back on, nor can he blame not having his own hand-picked coach, either.

Edited by caulfield12

Bet the farm on Okie City. OKC is so hot and so gelling it might not be a long series. If OKC steals Game Two, and it definitely could, this baby is going five maximum. I laugh at teams changing coaches. Scott Brooks had nothing to do with this vs. Billy Donovan. Adams and Kanter are physical presences and can grab rebounds. Collison and Ibaka were OK but these two guys are man mountains and make a big difference to go with a HEALTHY Durant and Westie. Amazing how those two guys being completely healthy with rebounders makes them unbeatable. OKC in five or six. Game two is not a lock for the Warriors. OKC is making a mockery of the regular season homecourt success of first the Spurs, now the Warriors.

Funny how the NBA is thriving. First you've got the LeBron/Wade/Bosh show dominance. Then you get the teamwork of the Spurs. Then you get the emergency of Curry-mania and the Warriors. Now you've got the Durant/Westbrook show finally mature enough and healthy enough to win a title or two. AMAZING development is the Thunder.

Edited by greg775

You're seeing things through KU/Collison-colored glasses, Greg.

First of all, you just jinxed OKC and single-handedly changed the betting lines in Vegas.

Making a mockery? By winning one important game? If the series is tied 2-2 and they win Game 5 in Oakland again, then your statement will be more supportable.

I'm betting two houses in the opposite direction, for the record.

By the letter of the rule, Westbrook traveled, but I really don't wanna hear whining about it from Golden State, they blew a 16-point lead and put themselves in the situation where they had to hope Westbrook f***ed up.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 17, 2016 -> 07:57 AM)
By the letter of the rule, Westbrook traveled, but I really don't wanna hear whining about it from Golden State, they blew a 16-point lead and put themselves in the situation where they had to hope Westbrook f***ed up.

Change your name back now.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ May 17, 2016 -> 05:57 AM)

It's hilarious that there's even a controversy about traveling in the NBA. Yes, Westbrook traveled and dragged his pivot foot on that play. And he and everyone else does it the entire game. The traveling and dragging/moving/changing pivot foot makes the NBA borderline unwatchable for me.

I don't even understand how you can play organized basketball your whole life and feel (in a physical-muscle memory way) like it's ok to travel. It feels so odd to me when I play to take an extra step. And pickling up or changing my pivot foot - out of the question.

QUOTE (Middle Buffalo @ May 17, 2016 -> 09:38 AM)
It's hilarious that there's even a controversy about traveling in the NBA. Yes, Westbrook traveled and dragged his pivot foot on that play. And he and everyone else does it the entire game. The traveling and dragging/moving/changing pivot foot makes the NBA borderline unwatchable for me.

I don't even understand how you can play organized basketball your whole life and feel (in a physical-muscle memory way) like it's ok to travel. It feels so odd to me when I play to take an extra step. And pickling up or changing my pivot foot - out of the question.

He dragged his pivot foot because he was stuck somewhere mentally between dribbling around the trap and pulling up to call time-out, like he didn't stop doing one thing before he started to do the other, and for whatever reason the refs didn't call it. OKC probably still wins that game though.