Bonifacio DFA

daggins

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
Keppinger, Emilio, LaRoche.

That's a lot of guys The Chairman has paid to do nothing.

I wonder if he is ever going to call Kenny and Hahn into his office and say, "Fellas...."

Hahn certainly has quite a track record. Don't worry though, they still have Matt Davidson waiting in the wings!

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 09:11 AM)
Can't remember the last position player they Sox acquired that actually did better than his career norm (someone give me a name other they Dye).

They actually used to be really good at bringing in retreads...dunno about career norms, but guys that could come in and rebuild their career a bit.

Ellis Burks comes to mind. Albert Belle put up a monster year here, although he was pretty amazing for much of his career.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
They actually used to be really good at bringing in retreads...dunno about career norms, but guys that could come in and rebuild their career a bit.

Ellis Burks comes to mind. Albert Belle put up a monster year here, although he was pretty amazing for much of his career.

They have more success with pitchers. It's just sad that the hitters you're bring up are from the 90's.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
People should go back to the Sox sign Bonifacio thread for some perspective. Hahn and KW really aren't dumber than any of us.

No doubt Bonifacio looked like a good signing as a super utility player. It didn't work out. Feel bad for Emilio because I think he was a positive in the clubhouse but you must produce on the field. When you make personnel moves there is a lot of scrutiny on non-producers like Gillaspie and Bonifacio especially with the struggles of this team. Youth are brought in and must be allowed to play. There is that chance towards the waiver deal deadline that someone like Laroche goes too, but I kind of think that is unlikely. We may be looking at a new DH for 2016 though depending on Thompson's showing the rest of this year

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Aug 16, 2015 -> 10:47 AM)
Keppinger, Emilio, LaRoche.

That's a lot of guys The Chairman has paid to do nothing.

I wonder if he is ever going to call Kenny and Hahn into his office and say, "Fellas...."

Well if you're including Laroche In the group, then the list would be a mile long.