Bonifacio DFA

daggins

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
In other words no one would give us anything at all for Bonifacio, even if he we picked up money.

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 24m24 minutes ago

White Sox requested waivers on Emilio Bonifacio for purpose of granting unconditional release. Bonifacio (.167) was DFA'd Sunday.

Why would they? Every team knew that we'd grant him his release and then they could sign him for league minimum

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 05:42 PM)
Why would they? Every team knew that we'd grant him his release and then they could sign him for league minimum

If they would have offered a player I am sure we would have paid his whole salary and they wouldn't have had to negotiate with the rest of hte league.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 18, 2015 -> 08:29 AM)
I was at a seminar at Soxfest and Buddy Bell was discussing Davidson. The same Buddy Bell who thought Mitchell was a major leaguer was really down on Davidson. It really surprised me. We will see what happens when they tear him apart and put him back together. These 2 years should be enough for him to realize he needs to do some things differently.

He wasn't terrible with Arizona, got a call-up. But I'm sure Buddy will fix him.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 05:30 AM)
He wasn't terrible with Arizona, got a call-up. But I'm sure Buddy will fix him.

but someone mention a long time ago, it may have been the league.....

but still why now about tearing apart his swing.... why not last yr???

QUOTE (shysocks @ Aug 19, 2015 -> 08:46 AM)
Which is a lot lower than the .891 of 2014 or .791 of 2013.

Just for the record because I was curious, if LaRoche had a .791 OPS against righties, his overall OPS would be .702, he'd have about -0.5 WAR, and people would probably still hate him. If he had an .891 OPS against righties, his total would be .779, he'd have about 1.0 WAR, and he'd be solid.