9/2 Games

royoung

Very cool to see White Sox become the Arizona League champs. This draft class is showing well right away. I usually don't put a ton of stock into winning in the minor leagues, but it really is a cool thing when it happens. I'd rather they win than not and there's something about doing it at the lowest level as rookie that makes it extra special. This is largely draft picks and international signings.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 05:01 AM)
Very cool to see White Sox become the Arizona League champs. This draft class is showing well right away. I usually don't put a ton of stock into winning in the minor leagues, but it really is a cool thing when it happens. I'd rather they win than not and there's something about doing it at the lowest level as rookie that makes it extra special. This is largely draft picks and international signings.

it is most excellent ....

:cheers :gosox3:

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
whomever is calling the shots and drafting...... many many pats on the back for making the minor league teams exciting.

I thought I read somewhere Nick Hostetler ran all the rounds of the draft this year except the first.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
None. He's 19 with only one full year of pro ball under his belt, barely got to A+, and is still growing into his body. He's not the type you rush, and the Sox won't. This isn't Rodon or Sale.

excellent call....

i really agree on needing to grow into his body... let him get way stronger and learn more about pitching.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:54 PM)
None. He's 19 with only one full year of pro ball under his belt, barely got to A+, and is still growing into his body. He's not the type you rush, and the Sox won't. This isn't Rodon or Sale.

A rotation of Guerrero, Adams, Almonte, Lowry, and ? will be nasty next year for the dash.

QUOTE (LDF @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
excellent call....

i really agree on needing to grow into his body... let him get way stronger and learn more about pitching.

He is also still working on refining his delivery, the Sox are tweaking it a bit. The pitching coach in Winston-Salem (J.R. Perdew) is one of the system's best so it makes sense for him to spend more time with him next year.

My interview with Spencer and J.R. is publishing tomorrow so make to check that out.