2016 Schedule

flavum

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 10:27 AM)
Please for the love of God don't play the Royals in April and keep the division games toward summer.

What I've read about it, the schedule won't be like this year where it's 8 of 10 series in the division to start and finish the season.

The A's have already complained about nonsensical road trips that don't have them going to Houston and Arlington in order.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 12:29 PM)
Of f***ing course we open with a 4 game set at Oakland.

I did some quick research earlier this year and found that playing in Oakland isn't really the problem it used to be for the Sox. Throw in this year's sweep and I think my point is only enhanced.

QUOTE (shysocks @ May 14, 2015 -> 09:15 AM)
We're 6-12 there in the last five years but it feels like the luck has turned around and it's now just based on team quality since about 2011. I mean, that 2013 Sox teamshould have been swept. The one time the A's had a bad team - which they do so far in 2015 - the Sox won the series. I feel like they can do it this weekend too; the hex lives in KC or Baltimore now.

YEAR W-L OAK Final Wins

2014 1-2 88

2013 0-3 96

2012 1-2 94

2011 2-1 74

2010 2-4 81

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
I did some quick research earlier this year and found that playing in Oakland isn't really the problem it used to be for the Sox. Throw in this year's sweep and I think my point is only enhanced.

We absolutely seemed to have a hex against them in the mid-00's even when we had good teams and favorable matchups, but I buy this now.

The bright side of opening with 4 in Oakland? The first week of baseball there are 0 snowouts. This is positive.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 12:40 PM)

Well in 2010, 2011, and 2015, 3 out of the 5 years, the Sox had a better record than Oakland so yeah I'd still say going 6-12 is pretty terrible.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 8, 2015 -> 12:53 PM)
Well in 2010, 2011, and 2015, 3 out of the 5 years, the Sox had a better record than Oakland so yeah I'd still say going 6-12 is pretty terrible.

Read it again. I made that post before 2015's sweep by the Sox, so it's now 9-12, and I said that since 2011 the records have basically mirrored the teams' overall quality in a given year.