Sox vs Tigers Game 1, 12:08 first pitch

southsider2k5

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 06:30 PM)
I'm not saying Trayce Thompson will end up better in the long run...but for 2016, I'd rather see him get 550 at-bats than Avisail Garcia. Just not a fan.

I hate Avi's swing so much. How many times can he ground weakly to 3rd base while his knee collapses at the plate?

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
Watch Samardzija win his last three starts and cost the Sox a top 10 pick. There would be some irony in that.

Samardjiza pitching well accomplishes one big thing, it makes it a better option for the White Sox to offer him a QO, and it lessens the odds that he will take it and be signed somewhere else as a FA. The top 10 pick thing only matters if we want to sign a top flight free agent, and I don't even see that as realistic anyway.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 21, 2015 -> 12:57 PM)
Samardjiza pitching well accomplishes one big thing, it makes it a better option for the White Sox to offer him a QO, and it lessens the odds that he will take it and be signed somewhere else as a FA. The top 10 pick thing only matters if we want to sign a top flight free agent, and I don't even see that as realistic anyway.

No matter how he pitches the last three starts, the Sox are offering it, and Samardzija is declining it.

As far as the protected pick, I'm not that into getting it or not getting it. I just want a higher pick for more options for the Sox.

8th at best, 15th at worst. I'd rather have 8th.