Mark Buehrle to retire?

Jose Abreu

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Oct 3, 2015 -> 07:38 PM)
Must be an injury??!

How does a 15 game winner not have a spot somewhere on a postseason roster??

They've added Price and Stroman's back. Buehrle would be 5th starter which they don't need. They should add him to the bullpen, but maybe they're adding another position player.

One of the most overrated players by Sox fans. He was a good pitcher, but not 1st or 2nd ballot HOF like some people around here used to make you think the way they talked about him. Had a cool personality though. I think Toronto could use him in the bullpen for the playoffs as a long reliever. Just in case one of their guys gets in trouble, they won't have to burn their bullpen.

This is sad to see. He's one of the few players out there who I'd regularly check stats on. I knew he'd never get to 300 wins but I always liked to see him inch closer win by win. He's at 214 now and either way it was a great career to see. Wish it wasn't true, but at least he's going out on his own terms. Sucks he won't be in the playoffs.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 06:31 AM)
One of the most overrated players by Sox fans. He was a good pitcher, but not 1st or 2nd ballot HOF like some people around here used to make you think the way they talked about him. Had a cool personality though. I think Toronto could use him in the bullpen for the playoffs as a long reliever. Just in case one of their guys gets in trouble, they won't have to burn their bullpen.

What a lousy post. Overrated? What are you expecting from your players? He was amazing and a good example for all the other pitchers.

This story is so weird. Buehrle has had a decent season and isn't getting lit up every outing. He rules the Royals still. I wonder if we're going to hear he's in so much pain. I mean doesn't he have a few more years on his contract, too? He's not that old, either. That's crazy he must be hurt beyond belief to not pitch in the playoffs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 03:22 AM)
This story is so weird. Buehrle has had a decent season and isn't getting lit up every outing. He rules the Royals still. I wonder if we're going to hear he's in so much pain. I mean doesn't he have a few more years on his contract, too? He's not that old, either. That's crazy he must be hurt beyond belief to not pitch in the playoffs.

No, his contract is up.

And it just sounds like they aren't putting him on their postseason roster. If he was in pain, I doubt he'd pitch today.

I'm just sad. I was gonna pull for the Blue Jays because of Mark.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
No, his contract is up.

And it just sounds like they aren't putting him on their postseason roster. If he was in pain, I doubt he'd pitch today.

I'm just sad. I was gonna pull for the Blue Jays because of Mark.

Pretty good story here. His shoulder's ailing. He's done at 36. Weird.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/base...rticle26555885/

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Oct 4, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
I expect the Sox to sign him to a contract so he can retire as a White Sox, ceremony and all.

it would great and fitting, if he can be at spring training and pitch the opening day.... for 1 pitch and then leave and retire.

i really thought he would sign as a free agent....