David Robertson

Boopa1219

QUOTE (rowand's rowdies @ Nov 21, 2015 -> 09:21 PM)
I think the Astros match up nicely with us. If they send us 2 solid young bats, I'm ready to see D Rob in an Astros uniform. Otherwise, I don't mind seeing him dominate half the time he goes out there.

I would want an arm back. How tied are they to some of their young arms on the major league club?

The only bats that I find intriguing in their system are the three guys that they just drafted (Bregman, Tucker and Cameron). I could see Moran being a 1-2 WAR player at a position of need for the Sox at third, so that would be a guy that you look at.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 04:29 AM)
I would want an arm back. How tied are they to some of their young arms on the major league club?

The only bats that I find intriguing in their system are the three guys that they just drafted (Bregman, Tucker and Cameron). I could see Moran being a 1-2 WAR player at a position of need for the Sox at third, so that would be a guy that you look at.

the padre wanted 3 arms back at the deadline. so imo i think the sox can, if they wanted to trade him, get a really good arm a prospect outside the top 5 and 2 positional players, who are prospects.... one being moran-3b.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Nov 22, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
Could you get Moran and Fisher and a lower pitching prospect?

I kinda doubt getting Moran. With Robertson's salary, its likely Houston would want to trade some salary to the Sox in return like Jed Lowrie. Lowrie plays 3B, the Sox need a 3B and the Astros could then bring Moran up to play 3B. Valbuena could be another 3B the Astros try to move in a deal for Robertson.

If I was the Astros, I wouldn't give up Moran in a deal for Robertson.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 05:15 PM)
Yep. Robertson for who though?

Honestly, I have no idea what Robertson's value is. I'd like to think it's pretty good but I'm just not sure so I cannot really say who I would target from the cubs if they were interested.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 05:30 PM)
Wilson Contreras.

I know Contreras is a heck of a prospect but are you trying to show how much or how little we might expect in a potential deal? My uncertainty comes from the Kimbrel haul but I realize Robertson is not Kimbrel either so that's why I feel rather clueless as to Robertson's value. I wouldn't object to a nice return for Robertson and free up money to help the offense.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
I know Contreras is a heck of a prospect but are you trying to show how much or how little we might expect in a potential deal? My uncertainty comes from the Kimbrel haul but I realize Robertson is not Kimbrel either so that's why I feel rather clueless as to Robertson's value. I wouldn't object to a nice return for Robertson and free up money to help the offense.

I think he's a solid, talented player at a position of need, not guaranteed to be a success, top 5 player in a system that is decent if you still count some of the guys they don't have room for yet, who is 1+ years away from the big leagues and thus won't be able to help that team compete this year but could really help us to have down the road. That's what I'd ask for Robertson. Cubs have a couple guys like that you could swap in and probably make me content, but that level of player.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 5, 2015 -> 06:01 PM)
I think he's a solid, talented player at a position of need, not guaranteed to be a success, top 5 player in a system that is decent if you still count some of the guys they don't have room for yet, who is 1+ years away from the big leagues and thus won't be able to help that team compete this year but could really help us to have down the road. That's what I'd ask for Robertson. Cubs have a couple guys like that you could swap in and probably make me content, but that level of player.

Ok, thanks for the input. I like that he can hit, draw walks and has a good arm behind the plate. Assuming he starts '16 in AAA he would give the Sox a potential replacement behind the plate in '17 which is encouraging since Navarro and Avila are only signed through '16.

I am curious if the Cubs have or are willing to spend that kind of money on a closer since they are supposedly looking at FA bats. Houston could very well be a team interested in Robertson.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
Looking at the needs of both teams I wouldn't be surprised if a deal centered around Robertson for Castro was discussed.

Ugh. If they want me to take on Castro they can have LaRoche or Melky. You know, someone I don't want.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Ugh. If they want me to take on Castro they can have LaRoche or Melky. You know, someone I don't want.

Maybe it's the years of Cubs fans near me saying they could get Sale for Castro ( and Giancarlo Stanton ), but I saw Castro for Robertson and thought "oh okay not bad"

I would hope the Sox could get some kind of a prospect with Castro but I wouldn't really complain and I've been very much against the idea of Castro in the past. Castro for Robertson would give the Sox a bit more money to play with while filling the SS void.

It's not by any means my first choice but a trade I wouldn't be pissed about either.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
I would hope the Sox could get some kind of a prospect with Castro but I wouldn't really complain and I've been very much against the idea of Castro in the past. Castro for Robertson would give the Sox a bit more money to play with while filling the SS void.

It's not by any means my first choice but a trade I wouldn't be pissed about either.

Not much money; and if he repeats what he did 2 of the last 3 years, Castro fills no void.

Robertson had a 1.8 WAR and Castro a .8.

Not a good deal.