STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 05:04 PM)
I could maybe see it in cases where someone wants to see it at some specific huge theatre with the best audio capabilities, etc (say a specific Imax theatre) or just some really well known historical theatre. I'm taking my department to see it for our christmas party (followed by lunch). We are seeing @ 9 AM on opening day than lunch and than I'm letting them go home.

I'm guessing this is what it is for the secondary market sales. I'm seeing tons of sellouts in the Chicago area but there are so many theaters and so many screens there are still tons of shows with capacity.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
I feel the EXACT same way. Does anyone know?

I was looking yesterday on Fandango and every IMAX show I pulled up was 3D.

Same goes for Marcus theaters and the version they have. Ultra Screen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
I've decided to re-watch the Star Wars flicks headed into Episode 7. The biggest problem I have is not wanting to sit through 8 hours for Episodes 1-3 when they're filled with so much trash.

Worry no more - there's an amazing super cut on YouTube. No clue how or why it hasn't been taken down. I'll start with this tonight.

Did you watch this? How is it?

We're having the same issue. We have the original trilogy on blu ray, but I don't want to purchase the first 3.

QUOTE (SnB @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:13 AM)
Did you watch this? How is it?

We're having the same issue. We have the original trilogy on blu ray, but I don't want to purchase the first 3.

All of the pertinent pieces are there and a lot of junk cut out. I just watched it via ps4. It served its purpose to get me to 4, 5, and 6.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Are all IMAX theaters in 3D?

I would like to see this on a huge screen, but I don't want to see it in 3D.

The theatre by me installed a 4Dx theatre. I'll avoid any showings in that theatre.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:03 AM)
Are all IMAX theaters in 3D?

I would like to see this on a huge screen, but I don't want to see it in 3D.

If you're able, do everything you can to go to a native IMAX and not the retrofitted ones that you find in AMC's.

The screen is bigger, the sound system is better and native IMAX's use a film projection system as opposed to digital so the IMAX is not only going to be better but what the filmmakers intended.

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
If you're able, do everything you can to go to a native IMAX and not the retrofitted ones that you find in AMC's.

The screen is bigger, the sound system is better and native IMAX's use a film projection system as opposed to digital so the IMAX is not only going to be better but what the filmmakers intended.

Those AMC "IMAX" screens are a joke.

My parents are taking the kids, so we're seeing it Friday night, 8pm. At one of those theaters where you can reserve seats - which is huge, as we don't need to sit in a line forever to get good seats. Got decent though not perfect seats, was surprised they were still available. 3D showing, but not IMAX.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 11:14 AM)
My parents are taking the kids, so we're seeing it Friday night, 8pm. At one of those theaters where you can reserve seats - which is huge, as we don't need to sit in a line forever to get good seats. Got decent though not perfect seats, was surprised they were still available. 3D showing, but not IMAX.

Yeah, I was able to get tix saturday. In the defense of the media that I yelled at, it was hard for me to find a showing.

If you want to avoid spoilers get off the internet now. People (non press) are starting to spill the beans as they leave the after party (which everyone who waited in line was invited to) even though the embargo is lifted on Wednesday at 12:01am

We're still agreed no spoilers here before Friday though, right?

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 01:56 AM)
If you want to avoid spoilers get off the internet now. People (non press) are starting to spill the beans as they leave the after party (which everyone who waited in line was invited to) even though the embargo is lifted on Wednesday at 12:01am

Gonna have to quit Twitter cold turkey until I see the movie. :(

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 10:12 AM)
I think a good rule of thumb is to use spoiler tags the first week it's in the theater.

Yes, even in this thread.

Nah. After the movie comes out, the point of this thread was to have it be a discussion about what happened. I'm not going to sit on the s***ter and try to read through spoiler tags on this very unfriendly to mobile website.

If you haven't seen the movie after its release date, then don't come in to a thread dedicated to talking about that movie.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
My buddy got to see it last night and said its really really good. He told me some vague stuff, no spoilers, but will refrain from even mentioning them.

I know a couple people that work at Bad Robot and went to premiere, refusing to talk to them till I get out of the marathon.