STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 10:32 AM)
So if two people in here see this before 12/19 and want to discuss it, let me know and I'll update the title to say BEGIN SPOILERS.

I'll be seeing it tomorrow night at 11:30pm, so technically when I get home I'm allowed to post.

It was pretty freakin great. Only disappointment was I thought the villains were a bit weak, didn't hold a candle to the intimidation that Vader and the Emperor had. The dialogue in this movie may have been the best in the entire series.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Dec 17, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
It was pretty freakin great. Only disappointment was I thought the villains were a bit weak, didn't hold a candle to the intimidation that Vader and the Emperor had. The dialogue in this movie may have been the best in the entire series.

I disagree. Kylo Ren put every other Force user to shame.

I've got a lot of feelings but have to be awake early, so I'll freak out in the morning.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 01:39 AM)
I loved it. Such a fantastic stand alone movie and it does a great job setting up the rest of the trilogy. I'll save the rest of my thoughts for when spoilers are allowed but I couldn't be happier right now.

Spoilers are allowed.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 01:50 AM)
Ha, I didn't even look at the new thread title.

So Rey has to be Luke's daughter right? It was highly implied throughout the movie and it would setup another Skywalker v. Skywalker showdown.

Nah, I am going with Rey (or is it Rei?) being Han's daughter, Kylo Ren's sister. I've got my reasons.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 03:15 AM)
Nah, I am going with Rey (or is it Rei?) being Han's daughter, Kylo Ren's sister. I've got my reasons.

I thought we were getting the Solo twins, for all intents and purposes we got Jacen Solo.

But Leia would have said something at that point, so I'm going with Luke's daughter.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 08:09 AM)
I thought we were getting the Solo twins, for all intents and purposes we got Jacen Solo.

But Leia would have said something at that point, so I'm going with Luke's daughter.

First of all I really loved the movie, I had high expectations and this blew it out of the water. I cannot wait for the next one with the stories they've set up.

The only reason I leaned towards Kylo Ren and Rey being related or having any connection is because of when Kylo Ren chokes General Hux for mentioning the droid with a girl. But that could also connect back to the flashback scene when she grabs the lightsaber.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 07:09 AM)

This is exactly what I thought. I was watching it thinking Jacen and Jaina. But by the end I thought more Luke daughter, especially with Kylo Ren being Ben and the fact that her mother was a pilot in red squadron during the battle for endor.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 07:41 AM)
This is exactly what I thought. I was watching it thinking Jacen and Jaina. But by the end I thought more Luke daughter, especially with Kylo Ren being Ben and the fact that her mother was a pilot in red squadron during the battle for endor.

Yeah, but for all intents and purposes he's Jacen.

I wonder if we'll get a flashback to Mara Jade as Rey's mother - it'd explain both why Luke vanished and why Rey is even more powerful.

Also HAN WHY DID YOU GO ON THE f***ING BRIDGE.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 18, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
I wonder if we'll get a flashback to Mara Jade as Rey's mother - it'd explain both why Luke vanished and why Rey is even more powerful.

It's been three years and people are still clinging to this EU stuff? I promise you that Mara Jade will not be in this film.

Edited by 3GamesToLove