STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
Film reportedly had 45 cut minutes. I think it definitely needed another 10, but it was still good. Sure we'll see the extended edition in 5 years.

@LDF, episode 8 comes out in spring 2017. They're filming now. The first spin off movie comes out next Winter, Rogue One. Then in 2018 another spinoff, Young Han Solo. Then in 2019, episode 9. Then in 2020, a Boba Fett spinoff. Be prepared for Star Wars overload.

No...just more Star Wars awesomeness (if these are well done).

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
I think the Boba Fett spinoff might be delayed since they fired Trank. I hope after this initial set of spinoffs they try going for totally original stories set in very different time periods. We don't need every Star Wars movie to be set within a 100 year time period.

Agreed.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 02:21 PM)
I'm surprised by this. I can't even look at screen shots of that movie without cringing at the costumes/lighting.

McGregor was basically the only good part of the prequels.

Give me a film on Tatooine where Maul comes to settle the score once and for all.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
McGregor was basically the only good part of the prequels.

Give me a film on Tatooine where Maul comes to settle the score once and for all.

Darth Maul was a good part of the prequels. Such a wasted villain.

Would love to see spin-off movies about Bobba Fettt, Jabba, and Yoda.

Rogue 1 sounds good as well and I'm sure we'll get a Jabba some in a Han movie (maybe Bobba Fett by default).

Yoda has so much history that his spin-off may not even feel like a spin-off movie.

Still would love to see a movie on Darth Vader in between 3 and 4 killing everything in sight.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 03:21 PM)

Rogue 1 sounds good as well and I'm sure we'll get a Jabba some in a Han movie (maybe Bobba Fett by default).

Yoda has so much history that his spin-off may not even feel like a spin-off movie.

Still would love to see a movie on Darth Vader in between 3 and 4 killing everything in sight.

Hopefully Rogue 1 will have some Vader in it if he's chasing them. Isn't the concept of Rogue 1 an elite taskforce from the rebellion who are trying to capture the plans to the deathstar or something like that? Speaking of which, I presume it will be in flashback form (since he's already dead) but Hayden Christensen is going to play a role in Episode 8.

QUOTE (spiderman @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)

I think Rogue 1 is going to have Darth.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 03:50 PM)
Did anyone else a few lines here and there from Kylo Ren, even when he had his mask off? Maybe it was my theater, but the voice almost reminded me of Bane, just in the sense that his dialog was a little too muffled for me to catch every word.

Nah, the sound at Muvico was outstanding.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 04:02 PM)
I saw it at Icon in the South Loop, good theater. I just felt his audio wasn't as crisp. I liked the sound of him with his mask on, don't get me wrong. But I missed a few minor things. Maybe it was just me.

Saw it at the same theatre and did not have that experience. Thought of bane and how much better this was.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)

Yeah, having Maul make it through a couple movies and replacing Dooku would have added a badass factor to the prequels that were missing once Maul was killed.

I don't have a lot to add in terms of story interpretation, but I enjoyed it although was a bit annoyed at how similar to A New Hope it was. They nailed the little things though. The first sentence in the opening scroll: "Luke Skywalker has disappeared." was a fantastic setup. They're going to have to come up with a serious explanation as to why he bailed though. Didn't seem to fit with his character.

The callbacks to the original movies were great. Harrison Ford was great.

I have 3 things I hope to see in Episode 8/the future movies:

1. Start off right where Force Awakens left off. If you're going to leave us hanging for a year and a half like this and build up to that moment, please actually give us that moment.

2. Kylo Ren has to stay a villain. No turning back like Vader. We've already seen them hint at it as a possibility. Him killing Han Solo in that scene was inevitable (also possibly because Harrison Ford may not have wanted to do 3 more movies), but don't let him turn later. We did that already and after this movie was so much like A New Hope, I don't want the rest of the trilogy to follow a similar arc as well.

3. Rey isn't of Skywalker blood. I wouldn't be devastated if this is true, but I want something different. Maybe she was a prized student of Luke and he hid her to protect her. I can go with that. They strongly avoided any chance she is Han and Leia's kid. Don't make her Luke's daughter by default.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)

What was good about him? He literally had zero personality.

And the overly acrobatic fight choreography in the prequels was awful. IM DOING FLIPS AND SPINNING IN A CIRCLE PLEASE DONT STAB ME WHILE I DO SO

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 07:26 PM)
Yeah, having Maul make it through a couple movies and replacing Dooku would have added a badass factor to the prequels that were missing once Maul was killed.

We did get a lot of great Darth Maul characterization in The Clone Wars. Since that remains canon, that's why I'd love to see a death match (that we of course know the outcome) between Darth Maul and Obi-Wan, who have basically lost it all.

Also there's a new theory out there that Snoke is Darth Plagueis, which would make him a lot better to me and explain how he has power with the dark side.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 01:55 AM)
When is the Empire/First Order going to stop building mega bases that have one major weakness? This is the 3RD! base that has been taken down but like a dozen X-Wings. Are they really that dumb? :P

Well the second one was mid-construction. They hadn't finished it. Pretty huge design flaws in 1 and 3 though.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
We did get a lot of great Darth Maul characterization in The Clone Wars. Since that remains canon, that's why I'd love to see a death match (that we of course know the outcome) between Darth Maul and Obi-Wan, who have basically lost it all.

I actually thought the arc with Maul in the Clone Wars was a bastardization of the character. I liked following that animated series, but they had some bad story arcs. I was excited to see Maul, but they ruined him IMO.