STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 11:16 PM)
I found their male leads in the first 6 installments pushing their masculine agenda.

OK PC police. Does it make you feel important because you're PC bro? That was only two characters. I'm just saying they don't get points for female characters, nor should they.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 08:24 AM)
Well, I see your point. I think that has 100% to do with it being a Disney operation.

Eh, here's the thing. Even in the original movies (Ep 4-6), while it was certainly male-dominated, the lead female (Leia) had some badass traits. Now Ridley, who is kind of part of a dual-lead so far. Now we have what appears to be a truly lead female character. I'd say it's in-line with the evolutionary arc.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 12:19 AM)
OK PC police. Does it make you feel important because you're PC bro? That was only two characters. I'm just saying they don't get points for female characters, nor should they.

Speaking of bros. You already know that a han solo will be a part of the movie. That darth vader and a bunch of dude characters will be in it. Having a female lead character makes perfect sense. It opens them up to love story angles and some balance.

It should have nothing to do with PC.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
Is there any background on where this one fits into the overall story arc? I am kind of confused

Right around episode 4. This is the story of the group that smuggled the death star plans that is referenced before luke blows dat s*** up with the force.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
Right around episode 4. This is the story of the group that smuggled the death star plans that is referenced before luke blows dat s*** up with the force.

Right, I was hoping there was a site that gave me more background, I'm not completely up on the canon.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)

From one of the movies and books, they reference that many Bothans die trying to get this information. It's a source of pride among that planet. I wonder if they work that in or just go the human route.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 08:49 AM)
From one of the movies and books, they reference that many Bothans die trying to get this information. It's a source of pride among that planet. I wonder if they work that in or just go the human route.

The Bothans are the Second Death Star.

This one is the First Death Star. Theoretically, Rogue One could end with the plans being handed to Leia, right before the events that started A New Hope...

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)

This one is the First Death Star. Theoretically, Rogue One could end with the plans being handed to Leia, right before the events that started A New Hope...

I'm pretty sure the Bothans are the first one with Leia discussing it in the first movie. I'll need to back and look at the books.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Apr 8, 2016 -> 09:56 AM)

Ah gotcha, that makes more sense, im reading up on it now.