STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

It wasn't the best episode but there was some fun shit that happened. 

Hide contents

the rancor rampaging across the city and fucking up the machines of destruction was straight out of every 80s kid imagination.  

I don't think Cobb is dead.  If that's the end of Cad Bane, well that fucking sucks

There is a very small post credit scene 

8 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Meh. After two great episodes, the reigns were handed back to RR who returned it back to mediocrity. 

It was a perfectly “fine” episode. 

Wnd I say that to agree with what you said. It was just kind of there, didn’t leave me wanting more, it was just fine. 

My biggest issue is there are never any “stakes” with Star Wars because they refuse to kill even somewhat minor characters. If they could have an action figure at some point, they basically have a “I’ll live forever” card and because of that, there is so much less weight behind the conflicts on screen. 

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

It was a perfectly “fine” episode. 

Wnd I say that to agree with what you said. It was just kind of there, didn’t leave me wanting more, it was just fine. 

My biggest issue is there are never any “stakes” with Star Wars because they refuse to kill even somewhat minor characters. If they could have an action figure at some point, they basically have a “I’ll live forever” card and because of that, there is so much less weight behind the conflicts on screen. 

Just imagine if they took a card from the walking dead - not necessarily going to that extreme - but boy would it up the anti - at very least with secondary characters.  

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
1 hour ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Andor is fantastic

Here was my only complaint, and I fully realize it may be due to me not paying attention. 

This entire mission the last 3-4 episodes....I have no idea what they were stealing and what it will be used for, other than just money. It made the weight of the episodes feel less to me. 

13 minutes ago, Tony said:

Here was my only complaint, and I fully realize it may be due to me not paying attention. 

This entire mission the last 3-4 episodes....I have no idea what they were stealing and what it will be used for, other than just money. It made the weight of the episodes feel less to me. 

It was money.  And they have been clear the rebellion, like any guerrilla force or army, needs cash to stay afloat and get supplies, equipment, weapons, etc.  Essentially they are funding the rebellion.  

2 hours ago, Tony said:

They described it as the quarterly payroll for an entire Imperial sector.

On 10/12/2022 at 8:10 PM, whitesoxfan99 said:

Andor is fantastic

So many people mad that it wasn’t joyous and fun like the Star Wars we know, I absolutely loved it for that reason, it was the dark underbelly of the empire plundering and stripping planets and leaving carnage behind, and also them just taking over a planets military because they pissed the empire off.  It wasn’t so much the world vs the Nazis that we normally see, but rather the British empire stripping Africa to me.

Cassian straight up murdered people! Multiple times!

still cracks me up that the payroll is actually physical, not digital that would be more of a hacking vs physical heist in this galaxy that has such great inventions...etc. 

loving all the easter eggs in Luthen's gallery as well.

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

Spoilers. Andor #10. Bravo. 

Hide contents

So, my wife is a Star Wars fan, but definitely wouldn't call herself one. She doesn't like any of the movies except for Episode 3 and Rogue One. She does like the TV shows (except for Boba Fett), because that's where she began Star Wars (specifically, Mandalorian Season 1).

She absolutely fucking loved both of these moments. They did so much to sell the universe that Star Wars lives in.

Agreed with everyone's comments, just a great series so far and episode 10 was fucking awesome.

Spoiler

Did any of you catch that the guy Andor is running with at the end is Melshi from Rogue One? I noticed him when Andor first got to the prison.

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Very Nazi work camp-ish.

The whole idea of it, the electrified floor, the prisoners just knowing that they have to serve out their lives building bullshit they know Is bad, on a Raft type platform.