Thank You Everyone

Chisoxfn

Agree, I think Jim does an excellent job. That said, the discussion is awful their (maybe because I'm too old school and can't possibly figure out how to even follow their conversations). I pretty much stick to this forum...any other I find the actual discussion horrible. Just a bunch of people making absurd comments.

I know people think Soxtalkers make absurd comments, but damn, some other sites (which are popular) are beyond crazy at how uncivil and terrible the discussion is. For example, chicitysports...my god, I can't even read more than a a few posts. It is pathetic. Sad cause they do get some good discussion on the Bears but too many people just want to say their name associated with a post or something.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
Found this place after I was banned from WSI for forgetting to post the twitter link after Griffey got traded to the White Sox. Lurked for a while and then began posting. One of my favorite forums.

I didn't get banned over there but was checking out other sites to see what people were talking about and found this site and ended up signing up and staying here. You are welcome everyone

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
Agree, I think Jim does an excellent job. That said, the discussion is awful their (maybe because I'm too old school and can't possibly figure out how to even follow their conversations). I pretty much stick to this forum...any other I find the actual discussion horrible. Just a bunch of people making absurd comments.

I know people think Soxtalkers make absurd comments, but damn, some other sites (which are popular) are beyond crazy at how uncivil and terrible the discussion is. For example, chicitysports...my god, I can't even read more than a a few posts. It is pathetic. Sad cause they do get some good discussion on the Bears but too many people just want to say their name associated with a post or something.

I really cannot stand commenting systems that aren't chronological. I get you can follow one sort of thread on topic, but it's a damn mess.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
To all the posters here, I just wanted to take a little time out of my day to thank all of you for making Soxtalk what it is. I know the past few seasons have been frustrating as fans of this franchise, but you look at the discussion and passion that every member of this site brings to the table, it reminds me of how special this place is and how special it will be when the Sox get back to the promised land again (hey...why not this year!!!). Anyway, for the 10 year+ members, thank you for being so loyal (and for those who haven't been by lately, come on by and say hello) and thank you to the 1 day old members as well as because without new members and new insights, this place wouldn't be the consistently awesome place that it has been for 13+ years (and really even predating those days...back when Soxtalk was just a forum on SoxNet).

When I look back over those 13+ years, I think to where the site started and how exciting it was when the site got 100 visitors in a day, and than looking back over the past few days, realizing that the past 4 days site traffic was an new all time high for any 4 day stretch (and also had a couple of the individual days that were top 5-10 in site history). To think when this site started, it was a shell compared to a massive other White Sox site. New sites popped up, but to correct a quote from field of dreams...their have been two constants in life, one Ray is baseball, the other is Soxtalk, the biggest damn independently run White Sox site on the planet, and that power wouldn't exist if not for all of you.

So thanks again for all the great posts and interaction (and all the fantastic dialogue we have had over the years and most recently) and I look forward to many more years of the same!!!

PS: I also want to thank the mod and admin team here. As many people know, their have been many sites that have sputtered due to overzealous and powerhungry leadership and I think this crew is the best (with the exception of me and my overpowering ways around catch-alls).

Poop.

I echo those who don’t post like they used to but still lurk here and there to stay on top of things. This place was truly something 2004-2006 when the Sox were adding all the right pieces to put a winning team on the field. We can only hope the same can be said about our favorite team in the not so distant future.

Fun fact. I actually found this site before WSI (never registered there either). Might be one of the very few who did. Was a lurker around February '03 and decided to register nearly a year later after seeing Jeremy Reed and the Barons (got an autograph too). Been a Soxtalk and FutureSox regular ever since I joined.

QUOTE (BamaDoc @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 03:08 PM)
I don't post often, but I read at least daily. Thanks for what y'all do and for having a place where we can come and exchange info and ideas in a relatively civil manner.

i really think that is one of the key ingredients, and that in itself is due to the direction of the main boss and all the admin / mods.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
Fun fact. I actually found this site before WSI (never registered there either). Might be one of the very few who did. Was a lurker around February '03 and decided to register nearly a year later after seeing Jeremy Reed and the Barons (got an autograph too). Been a Soxtalk and FutureSox regular ever since I joined.

for the continue growth of this site, i am really seeing the growth in the future sox...... i really see a verbal interest starting to take place. now, if the futuresox part wasn't what it was and all the hard work there, it would not be that strong and growing.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Thank you for giving us Sox fans a place to talk Sox Baseball. Best place for all Sox related discussions.

When I am looking for White Sox news I go to Soxtalk. Good conversation shared with great fans. Thanks for the opportunity!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 11:43 AM)
To all the posters here, I just wanted to take a little time out of my day to thank all of you for making Soxtalk what it is. I know the past few seasons have been frustrating as fans of this franchise, but you look at the discussion and passion that every member of this site brings to the table, it reminds me of how special this place is and how special it will be when the Sox get back to the promised land again (hey...why not this year!!!). Anyway, for the 10 year+ members, thank you for being so loyal (and for those who haven't been by lately, come on by and say hello) and thank you to the 1 day old members as well as because without new members and new insights, this place wouldn't be the consistently awesome place that it has been for 13+ years (and really even predating those days...back when Soxtalk was just a forum on SoxNet).

When I look back over those 13+ years, I think to where the site started and how exciting it was when the site got 100 visitors in a day, and than looking back over the past few days, realizing that the past 4 days site traffic was an new all time high for any 4 day stretch (and also had a couple of the individual days that were top 5-10 in site history). To think when this site started, it was a shell compared to a massive other White Sox site. New sites popped up, but to correct a quote from field of dreams...their have been two constants in life, one Ray is baseball, the other is Soxtalk, the biggest damn independently run White Sox site on the planet, and that power wouldn't exist if not for all of you.

So thanks again for all the great posts and interaction (and all the fantastic dialogue we have had over the years and most recently) and I look forward to many more years of the same!!!

PS: I also want to thank the mod and admin team here. As many people know, their have been many sites that have sputtered due to overzealous and powerhungry leadership and I think this crew is the best (with the exception of me and my overpowering ways around catch-alls).

Thank you good man for having this site and encouraging discussion. I'm happy that I was here for last championship. I hope I'm here for the next one.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 13, 2015 -> 12:50 AM)
I would be lying if I didn't say this put a big smile on my face. Whenever we did go at it, you were always a worthy competitor. It's probably the reason we did go at it so much: I knew you could handle your own. :cheers

Found this place after I was banned (my ban ends August of 2016, lol) from WSI for telling a mod to get bent after he told me I would never be smart enough to be a lawyer. I had wanted to go to law school and went to their "SLaM" equivalent and asked for the perspectives of the WSI's lawyers about college and the law school process. The first response was a mod telling me I didn't have a shot in the world. Strangely enough, I used his condescension as fuel to encourage me to work on my grammar and spelling. After starting to post here frequently, Matt (NorthSideSox72) noticed my writing and interest in the Future Sox forum and saw me as someone with potential for FutureSox. Been writing for Future Sox for two-and-a half years now. So not everything is horrible about WSI. After all, they are our biggest recruiting tool here at SoxTalk.

A lot of people have alluded to it, but the reason this is the #1 White Sox fan site on the internet is because our leadership. Jason (chisoxfn) and all of the other mods/admins who had been here in the beginning made this the safe place for all of the WSI refugees but the real leadership comes from the fabric of the posters on this board and that's why everyone keeps coming back. As Mike (southsider2k5) says every few weeks when a "problem" comes about, "this board polices itself." He's right every time, because this board continues to police itself over and over again.

Forums are dying and SoxTalk is growing. Thank you to everyone for contributing to the only website I visit every single day.

that was an excellent post.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Dec 12, 2015 -> 06:50 PM)
I would be lying if I didn't say this put a big smile on my face. Whenever we did go at it, you were always a worthy competitor. It's probably the reason we did go at it so much: I knew you could handle your own. :cheers

Found this place after I was banned (my ban ends August of 2016, lol) from WSI for telling a mod to get bent after he told me I would never be smart enough to be a lawyer. I had wanted to go to law school and went to their "SLaM" equivalent and asked for the perspectives of the WSI's lawyers about college and the law school process. The first response was a mod telling me I didn't have a shot in the world. Strangely enough, I used his condescension as fuel to encourage me to work on my grammar and spelling. After starting to post here frequently, Matt (NorthSideSox72) noticed my writing and interest in the Future Sox forum and saw me as someone with potential for FutureSox. Been writing for Future Sox for two-and-a half years now. So not everything is horrible about WSI. After all, they are our biggest recruiting tool here at SoxTalk.

A lot of people have alluded to it, but the reason this is the #1 White Sox fan site on the internet is because our leadership. Jason (chisoxfn) and all of the other mods/admins who had been here in the beginning made this the safe place for all of the WSI refugees but the real leadership comes from the fabric of the posters on this board and that's why everyone keeps coming back. As Mike (southsider2k5) says every few weeks when a "problem" comes about, "this board polices itself." He's right every time, because this board continues to police itself over and over again.

Forums are dying and SoxTalk is growing. Thank you to everyone for contributing to the only website I visit every single day.

Sooo are you going to law school or not?