Viable Trade Candidates That Wont Cost Anderson or Fulmer?

Dunt

Any deal for a middle of the line up impact bat is going to the cost the Sox either their top prospects or most likely one of their young SP's in the big leagues.

Personally I would deal Robertson because I believe you can replace a closer more easily than a SP and aside from Abreu, the Sox really don't have the position players that teams would be beating down their door for. So I think their best option is to trade Robertson, replace him either in house or a cheaper option and use that money to sign an impact bat.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (striker @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 10:55 AM)
You guys are talking about a team that just gave up a 3WAR player and two of their top 4 prospects, including the #1 draft pick for SHELBY MILLER, who has had one year of success. You are giving AZ too much credit if you ask me. Peralta is 28 and has had one good year.

You can't even argue WAR either because from a WAR perspective Miller = Inciarte. If you are talking value, Inciarte > Miller because he has more years of control.

Shelby Miller is 25 years old. He has had three solid years, not just one good year. He is arb eligible for the first time in 2016 and isn't a FA until 2019. He is also a pitcher, which some teams value a bit higher than position players. He was drafted by St. Louis in the first round, which has value right there ( ;) ). He had a lot of value.

AZ may have overpaid, but not by that much, and we don't know what others were offering for Miller, so who's to say the market didn't determine the cost. What would you have asked for from them for Quintana?

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 12:16 PM)
Shelby Miller is 25 years old. He has had three solid years, not just one good year. He is arb eligible for the first time in 2016 and isn't a FA until 2019. He is also a pitcher, which some teams value a bit higher than position players. He was drafted by St. Louis in the first round, which has value right there ( ;) ). He had a lot of value.

AZ may have overpaid, but not by that much, and we don't know what others were offering for Miller, so who's to say the market didn't determine the cost. What would you have asked for from them for Quintana?

Pollock +

QUOTE (PorkChopExpress @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 10:16 AM)

AZ's package for Miller is one of the most absurd packages ever. They overpaid by a lot. Swanson + a B prospect would have worked.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 05:25 PM)
AZ's package for Miller is one of the most absurd packages ever. They overpaid by a lot. Swanson + a B prospect would have worked.

this is my opinion on what i am guessing. but i do agree with you.

i just think at what the dbacks gave up, there had to be a better option than miller.

QUOTE (striker @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 09:33 AM)
AZ is in win now mode and needs bullpen help. The closer market is hot right now so I'd offer Robertson and Garcia for Lamb, Peralta and a top 5 prospect. We'd have to replace Robertson but we'd also free up $13m that could be used to dump Laroche and sign Upton or Cespedes.

Doubtful AZ would want Robertson and his contract. Ziegler was lights out as a closer for them last season. I don't doubt they are looking for bullpen help, just not Robertson.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 05:35 PM)
Doubtful AZ would want Robertson and his contract. Ziegler was lights out as a closer for them last season. I don't doubt they are looking for bullpen help, just not Robertson.

you are right, but it seems as some of the major team that are players or thinking they will be in the running of a playoff spot been getting 2 closer .

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 16, 2015 -> 10:43 AM)
you are right, but it seems as some of the major team that are players or thinking they will be in the running of a playoff spot been getting 2 closer .

AZ is still looking for a starting pitcher so I seriously doubt they are willing to take on Robertson's contract to be the set up or back up closer. There are plenty cheaper bullpen options available that would allow them to sign another SP.