2016 Catch All Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 30, 2016 -> 10:56 PM)
So uh, anyone got any idea about what happens when your eyesight starts flickering in and out?

For me it was my blood pressure causing it. Another time it was the asshole that was punching my face.

QUOTE (HuskyCaucasian @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 07:49 PM)
I didnt get my IL License Plates Renewal Form (or an email). I just noticed it expired today. how do I go about getting it renewed?

Go to a currency exchange and you can buy one, you just need your VIN

I just graded the last final. It's all over except for the paperwork. Then a week off. A few weeks of training. A writing project in New Mexico. Family in Chicago and Wisconsin. Another training. And we start over again.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
Believe they stopped physical notifications to save money.

Did the same thing with emission test notices for cars. Waited 45 minutes in line at the Schaumburg emissions place for a 2 minute check. Unreal.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
Did the same thing with emission test notices for cars. Waited 45 minutes in line at the Schaumburg emissions place for a 2 minute check. Unreal.

That place is a madhouse. I went on a Tuesday at 10 am once and waited an hour

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
Believe they stopped physical notifications to save money.

The good news is that they quit charging late fees until they start sending out the reminders again. This was only after they collected millions of dollars in fines between January and March.

Between January and March 2016, Illinois vehicle owners paid $4.9 million in fees for renewing their license plates late, up from $2.2 million during the same period in 2015.

Link

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 11:36 AM)
There are a group of satellites out there that are visible from Earth if you know where to look, which means they have to be huge.

At my campground a couple of weeks ago I had a friend tell me about a website that will let you know when the ISS will be visible. He said that it would be visible that night at 9:02 PM for about 6-7 minutes traveling from the SE to the NW.

It was a perfectly clear night so we stood out and watched and sure enough at 9:02 we saw it. We got to watch it travel across the entire sky. It was pretty cool.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
At my campground a couple of weeks ago I had a friend tell me about a website that will let you know when the ISS will be visible. He said that it would be visible that night at 9:02 PM for about 6-7 minutes traveling from the SE to the NW.

It was a perfectly clear night so we stood out and watched and sure enough at 9:02 we saw it. We got to watch it travel across the entire sky. It was pretty cool.

I catch that all the time :)

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)

Mike Fossum is from where I was living and we have a few mutual friends from Boy Scouts. I happened to be a one friend's house when Mike called him. I look at the other guy there and said "I thought he was flying". He was calling from the ISS. As a kid growing up in the 1960s that was pretty cool.