2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
The First Amendment is not the one I'd hoped would be challenged this election season. Last night was an embarrassment and against everything this country stands for - or at least I thought.

f*** anyone who supports Bernie Sanders right now.

C'mon now. You can be a Sanders supporter and not support what happened yesterday. Don't be that guy.

QUOTE (SnB @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
C'mon now. You can be a Sanders supporter and not support what happened yesterday. Don't be that guy.

Yes. Fair. Definitely support Sanders even after last night.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 03:17 PM)

Definitely. He helped destroy the Republican party. We'd all be dancing on his grave but he got out in time.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
Trump has been challenging the first amendment rights of people in this country for months. Last night people finally got sick of it

And what does Bernie Sanders have to do with anything? Such a weird statement

You're missing the point. Trump is an idiot and will never be elected. Suddenly a bunch of teenagers who have been lied to about free college have decided a politician cannot have a rally. Last night I realized this country is just completely spiraling. It's disappointing, and I'm embarrassed for my country and the city I hold so dear.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 12:50 PM)
Lol what? That's hilarious. Every person who doesn't want to put up with blatant racism and oppression and decided to protest was because of Sanders? I mean to believe that is amazing.

I'd think a hippy, pot smoking, liberal til I die like you would be familiar with moveon.org.

Please note, I'm a liberal. Just not a blind one. #feelthebern

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
So inside here's what went down. There were two dedicated sections to protestors. This was clearly planned. All the protestors just don't happen to all huddle up and sit right next to each other when they were in the 1000s. This was the main concern of security and what ultimately shut down the event. They were chanting BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE BERNIE throughout. I'm not denying there were other groups there just that this was the primary reason for concern.

NBC

WaPo

Here's moveon themselves explaining what went down:

https://twitter.com/ArielCohen37/status/708477056384901120

It's all well documented they were the primary people behind this. I'm not sure what the controversy is.

Forget facts. They are silly.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)
You're missing the point. Trump is an idiot and will never be elected. Suddenly a bunch of teenagers who have been lied to about free college have decided a politician cannot have a rally. Last night I realized this country is just completely spiraling. It's disappointing, and I'm embarrassed for my country and the city I hold so dear.

Protests are a part of free speech, trump could have had his rally but decided on his own to cancel.

I'm proud of Chicago for responding to a white nationalist rally with a strong protest movement and what amounted to very little physical conflict. I'm embarrassed that someone like trump could be drawing such large crowds in the first place, though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)

It's not about the politics. It's the fact that this politician's platform is essentially hate speech. Someone who wants to deny all Muslims entry from the U.S., calls all Mexicans rapists, etc. does not deserve to be doing this well in the race. The protestors protested with the racism in mind.

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 08:20 PM)
And no comment on Trump actually encouraging violence at his events the last month?

This is where your mother when you were 4 would ask you if someone told you to jump off a bridge would you do it?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 05:02 PM)
It's not about the politics. It's the fact that this politician's platform is essentially hate speech. Someone who wants to deny all Muslims entry from the U.S., calls all Mexicans rapists, etc. does not deserve to be doing this well in the race. The protestors protested with the racism in mind.

Lol. Not true. But if you say it enough it may become true.

All? All?...really?

Edited by Cknolls

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 08:37 PM)
Lol. Not true. But if you say it enough it may become true.

All? All?...really?

Do tell use what it is then. We liberals are dumb and don't understand what Trump is trying to do.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 10:37 PM)
Do tell use what it is then. We liberals are dumb and don't understand what Trump is trying to do.

I despise Trump's views and I'm not even a liberal. I just don't get how someone who says one thing, and then completely does a 180 and claims they never made the original comment, time after time after time, is this popular.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)
I despise Trump's views and I'm not even a liberal. I just don't get how someone who says one thing, and then completely does a 180 and claims they never made the original comment, time after time after time, is this popular.

Don't bother with him. He comes here to whine and b**** about liberals and then proceeds back to his cave.

I was being facetious mostly because he thinks anyone who thinks Trump is a nutter is a raging far left loon.

Some of us rather now have another civil war on our hands but that's just me.

P.S

I'm not a liberal either. ;)

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 11:15 PM)

I can't believe whenever there's a debate nobody asks Trump how his ideas will work. And I really wonder how many followers he actually has and am curious if he would even win this thing.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 01:10 AM)
Nice work by security. I don't think trump makes it to November sadly. Too many ccrazies.

Trump was probably ready to handle that guy himself. Choke slam through the stage!

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Mar 13, 2016 -> 02:13 AM)
Trump was probably read to handle that guy himself. Choke slam through the stage!

I'm kind of curious what Trump looks like when he throws a punch. If his WrestleMania appearance is any indication, he wouldn't dent paper.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 12, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
I'd think a hippy, pot smoking, liberal til I die like you would be familiar with moveon.org.

Please note, I'm a liberal. Just not a blind one. #feelthebern

I'm neither a hippy or a liberal.