2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

Breitbart has been unapologetically pro trump for a while, and several people have resigned over what they feel is throwing their own reporter under the bus in favor of trump. I don't think there's some set of journalistic standards at play there.

Eta actually it was the opposite of any sort of standards http://www.vox.com/2016/3/14/11219570/brei...manager-assault

Edited by StrangeSox

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breitbart hates Trump. Ben Shapiro is probably the loudest and harshest critic he has and it's getting embarrassing for Breitbart to keep giving him a platform.

Here's video of the incident:

4w6Nw7F.gif

Come on Michelle. You're better than that. Maybe.

Edit: oh apparently Ben Shapiro also resigned. Haha, that's great.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

I'm tired of all these rotten choices we have. All these candidates do is give us up, let us down, run around, desert us, make us cry, say goodbye, tell a lie, and hurt us. Is there anybody who won't do those things?

So do I vote for the candidate with a 0.1% chance of beating Drumpf and Cruz? Or do I vote for the guy I like better but has a 0.000001% chance? Tough decision.

Vote for the one of the two who isn't going to drop out tomorrow morning after losing his home state today.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 06:42 AM)
Breitbart hates Trump. Ben Shapiro is probably the loudest and harshest critic he has and it's getting embarrassing for Breitbart to keep giving him a platform.

Breitbart endorsed Trump and has literally been a mouthpiece for his campaign.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 06:42 AM)

Here's video of the incident:

4w6Nw7F.gif

Come on Michelle. You're better than that. Maybe.

Edit: oh apparently Ben Shapiro also resigned. Haha, that's great.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
Breitbarts been dead for 4 years.

Kinda contradictory, don't you think?

Yes. Just funny were talking to him like a person. He didn't think Trump was a conservative, which is probably correct. Shapiro has used that to attack Trump at every angle. Probably his most vocal critic, which is saying something. Glad he's gone, but I'm sure he'll find another platform.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
Yes. Just funny were talking to him like a person. He didn't think Trump was a conservative, which is probably correct. Shapiro has used that to attack Trump at every angle. Probably his most vocal critic, which is saying something. Glad he's gone, but I'm sure he'll find another platform.

Trump isn't a conservative. That is 100% true. Go through the policy positions he holds. He approves of some abortions. He is not free trade. He supports higher taxes on many. He supports many gun restrictions including the assault weapons ban, and longer waiting periods.

That is off of the top of my head.

I agree. He's certainly more moderate than most on just about everything outside immigration ( I'd say your take on his gun control stance is outdated too). I don't find that to be a bad thing and I'm glad he's taking the gop down on it.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

WHo was? I was talking about Breitbart the news network

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
I agree. He's certainly more moderate than most on just about everything outside immigration ( I'd say your take on his gun control stance is outdated too). I don't find that to be a bad thing and I'm glad he's taking the gop down on it.

By definition, that means he is not conservative.

Breitbart refers to the media group, pretty obviously.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:24 AM)
Trump isn't a conservative. That is 100% true. Go through the policy positions he holds. He approves of some abortions. He is not free trade. He supports higher taxes on many. He supports many gun restrictions including the assault weapons ban, and longer waiting periods.

That is off of the top of my head.

His tax and health care plans are the same basic thing the other Republicans offer.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:39 AM)
His tax and health care plans are the same basic thing the other Republicans offer.

He has adapted many conservative positions since his miraculous conversion to being a Republican. Heck he could have changed his taxing positions since I last knew. He changes positions more often than Hillary does, so it is entirely possible.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
He has adapted many conservative positions since his miraculous conversion to being a Republican. Heck he could have changed his taxing positions since I last knew. He changes positions more often than Hillary does, so it is entirely possible.

He changed his position because his last run was barely a blip on the radar since he trended towards the middle, he decided to capture the crazier, uneducated part of the right and its clearly paid off. He probably doesnt mean have the s*** he says during his campaign, but its been effective in capturing quite a following.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:51 AM)
He changed his position because his last run was barely a blip on the radar since he trended towards the middle, he decided to capture the crazier, uneducated part of the right and its clearly paid off. He probably doesnt mean have the s*** he says during his campaign, but its been effective in capturing quite a following.

I 100% believe that. There is zero way he changed pretty much everything he believes in over the course of the last few years.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
I 100% believe that. There is zero way he changed pretty much everything he believes in over the course of the last few years.

His policy points, where they are discernible, have changed so often and so recently that you really have no idea how he actually sees things. And people's problem with him isn't really about policy anyway. It's because his level of dishonesty makes Hillary Clinton look like a paragon of fidelity, his promotion of violence in his rallies echos fascist dictators, and he's managed to repeatedly insult every group of people that isn't old-white-Christian-men. That's not policy, that's a horror film.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 12:19 PM)

4chan is the most pro Trump place in the world.

But this anonymous group already hacked his cell phone and all they found was him being thanked by MSNBC for donating to a charity of theirs.