2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:34 AM)
I obviously despise Trump, but, what are you getting at with these photos? I don't think I like where you are going here.

The Celtic Cross on her right hand and the "88" on her left hand are white power symbols.

The Celtic Cross on her right hand and the "88" on her left hand are white power symbols.

I refuse to stoop to judging candidates on the basis of who supports them. I'm not voting for Trump because he's a pompous ass and I don't agree with his policy positions. I don't care if his supporters are white supremacists or black lesbians.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)

Ah. Apparently I'm naive to those symbols being that way. 88 I've never even heard about. But the Celtic Cross, I see that all the time in various Irish uses, so are you sure that's what that one is?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:41 AM)
Ah. Apparently I'm naive to those symbols being that way. 88 I've never even heard about. But the Celtic Cross, I see that all the time in various Irish uses, so are you sure that's what that one is?

It's not 100% a white power symbol, but it very frequently is especially when used as a tattoo:

celtic-cross-7.jpg

Combined with "88," a common white power reference to 88mm flak guns used by Nazi Germany, it's a 100% lock that she's all about white power.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:40 AM)
I refuse to stoop to judging candidates on the basis of who supports them. I'm not voting for Trump because he's a pompous ass and I don't agree with his policy positions. I don't care if his supporters are white supremacists or black lesbians.

He is getting the widespread and enthusiastic support of white supremacists because of his racial politics, though.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
It's not 100% a white power symbol, but it very frequently is especially when used as a tattoo:

celtic-cross-7.jpg

Combined with "88," a common white power reference to 88mm flak guns used by Nazi Germany, it's a 100% lock that she's all about white power.

Thanks for the explanation.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 05:47 PM)

celtic-cross-7.jpg

H is the eighth letter of the alphabet.

88 => HH => Heil Hitler

QUOTE (Tony @ Mar 15, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
Also, MSNBC is just giving zero f***s tonight hiding their disdain for Trump. Wow.

The Morning Joe show has actually been pretty supportive of his candidacy. Going back to his announcement, they have basically been one of the few to believe he had a chance.

The Morning Joe show has actually been pretty supportive of his candidacy. Going back to his announcement, they have basically been one of the few to believe he had a chance.

To me those are two very different things.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
For a long time, Scarborough was a bit of a Trump cheerleader. He only very recently turned against him.

I didn't know that...seems like he's continued to cheer for him a bit as I've watched the show recently.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 17, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)
Well I'm just going off of what I've read, I haven't actually watched that show.

He's so proud of himself for considering Trump a legitimate threat back in the summer that it appears it may have led to him actually hoping he will win now.

New FOX News poll out today. In hypothetical November matchups, Kasich beats Clinton 51-40, Cruz beats Clinton 47-44, Clinton beats Trump 49-38.

All the Trump voters just handing the election right over to Hillary.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 03:14 PM)
New FOX News poll out today. In hypothetical November matchups, Kasich beats Clinton 51-40, Cruz beats Clinton 47-44, Clinton beats Trump 49-38.

All the Trump voters just handing the election right over to Hillary.

Kasich and Cruz would be destroyed by Hillary, theyre getting destroyed by Trump ffs.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
Kasich and Cruz would be destroyed by Hillary, theyre getting destroyed by Trump ffs.

Winning a primary is so different than winning an election. Kasich would crush Hillary and every poll out there shows it. In a general election, you win by the swing votes, you don't win because of your base votes, and the swing votes would handily go to Kasich. I don't know whether Cruz wins and I'm most certain that Trump loses or at least I hope he does cause I absolutely am convinced he's the most likely candidate to ruin or country.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 24, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Winning a primary is so different than winning an election. Kasich would crush Hillary and every poll out there shows it. In a general election, you win by the swing votes, you don't win because of your base votes, and the swing votes would handily go to Kasich. I don't know whether Cruz wins and I'm most certain that Trump loses or at least I hope he does cause I absolutely am convinced he's the most likely candidate to ruin or country.

If Kasich gets the nomination despite being in a distant third in delegates than there will likely be a lot of republicans staying home on election day. Unless Trump runs as an independent in which case Hillary will win in a landslide. I just dont see enough support for Kasich unless for some reason Bernies supporters all jumped on board to spite Hillary.

I chose not to vote in the Illinois primary because I cant stand any of the republican candidates, but if the GOP establishment takes the nomination out of the hands of the primary voters Ill probably never vote for a republican again unless there are major changes in the party.