2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:22 AM)
That's my point. The narrative is that all white people who didn't vote for HRC are white supremacists who hate gays, Mexicans, blacks, hispanics, Armenians, rabbits, transgenders, people in wheelchairs and people who wear wigs. Apparently generalizing the half the country as racists because Shaun King (who pretended go be black to help his career) posts some links is the progressive and mature thing to do.

People havent wanted to admit but Trump winning was hugely fueled by the media. As someone who really wasnt supporting either candidate, watching every news outlet during the election try to tell people if you dont vote for Hillary Clinton you are sexist, racist etc got old very quickly. CNN asking the DNC what questions to ask Trump and Cruz, feeding Hillary questions to debates and as I railed against before, editing quotes pissed a lot of people off.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
People havent wanted to admit but Trump winning was hugely fueled by the media. As someone who really wasnt supporting either candidate, watching every news outlet during the election try to tell people if you dont vote for Hillary Clinton you are sexist, racist etc got old very quickly. CNN asking the DNC what questions to ask Trump and Cruz, feeding Hillary questions to debates and as I railed against before, editing quotes pissed a lot of people off.

This was really stupid. Just last night I told my dad that part of the problem was/is people took it too far. For example, the Trump/Nazi stuff. Ivanka is a Jew, Kushner (who I believe Trump respects and listens to) is a Jew. When you start going down roads like that, it just becomes noise.

I jokingly (or maybe not so jokingly) said that they should have done the reverse and promoted how close Trump is with Jews.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:49 AM)
Again, you told anyone that didn't see it your way to get of their high horse, and I made it personal???

I think he was referring to during the election cycle, thats what I was referring to at least when he responded. There were a lot of people everywhere who would be willing to call you every name in the book at the drop of a hat just because you thought Hillary Clinton shouldnt be president, and that contributed to her loss.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
There is no question there is a "base" of Trump supporters that are overtly racist, to me that is evident.

Calling half our country racist is extreme and I wouldn't go there, that I will agree with. I also refuse to say if you voted for Trump, you a racist. I can think you made a large error in judgment, but I'm not going to call you racist for it.

Agreed. Only half our country voted. So 24.9% of the country is overtly racist.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
There is no question there is a "base" of Trump supporters that are overtly racist, to me that is evident.

Calling half our country racist is extreme and I wouldn't go there, that I will agree with. I also refuse to say if you voted for Trump, you a racist. I can think you made a large error in judgment, but I'm not going to call you racist for it.

The dems strategy this election was force a candidate that had been planned for 8 years. Rig the primary and then call anyone who wont vote for her racist and sexist. They should have had a real primary and found a better candidate instead of the identity politics that caused them to get absolutely demolished all over the country.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
I couldn't agree more. Yesterday and today have been my angry phase, and not at Trump, but the DNC.

The elitist attitude of believing they could win all 50 states(I know they didn't really think that, but how they made their last 10 day campaign stops), getting way too aggressive, not stopping to listen to people and just playing politics. Hillary was "gifted" her spot, and nothing could have been done to take it away from her. It was a complete bomb.

It's amazing how obvious it is just 2 days later. There was talk of flipping Arizona and Texas being one election away from going blue! We were going to dismantle the republican party.

Unreal.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:52 AM)
No I said that all these people calling half of our country racist need to get off their high horse. It's like when you tell a four year old they can't have something and they call you mean.

Calling half of our country racist is just as bad as being racist.

Maybe not half, but a good portion of the country is racist. That would have been true if Hillary won. What this election does is empower some of them, at least in their minds.

The dems should be more upset at the media than anyone else. There was a time when the media actually did investigative journalism and tried to get scoops. Dems just spent nearly a year being told they had a candidate who was the most qualified on the planet and was such a slam dunk to win that they dont even need to worry about voting.

The emails were a much bigger story than the msm led people to believe. The Clinton Foundation has been under FBI investigation for over a year and nobody knew about it because the media was more concerned with Trump using money from a charity that he likely has nothing to do with to donate to a veterans charity to settle for having an American Flag that was too big and too high. For christ sakes she was forwarding classified info to her maid to print for her.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)
The dems should be more upset at the media than anyone else.

I'm mostly upset at the DNC. They had a candidate with genuine grass roots support and enthusiasm and went out of their way to squash him. The DNC needs to clean house.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
I'm mostly upset at the DNC. They had a candidate with genuine grass roots support and enthusiasm and went out of their way to squash him. The DNC needs to clean house.

Legitimately the DNC and RNC really need to start over again. Not only did they both pick their worst candidates in their parties history in an election they should have cakewalked in, they also cracked the door for the third party's as well.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
Legitimately the DNC and RNC really need to start over again. Not only did they both pick their worst candidates in their parties history in an election they should have cakewalked in, they also cracked the door for the third party's as well.

I don't think that last part is bad at all as long as their candidates are legitimate. More of this...and no, I didn't vote third party.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 05:16 PM)

I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks.

-Donald Trump

He did say he wanted to make America great again, guess he didnt realize how fast it would happen.

So please spare me with this "tolerant" left/right. Neither side is righteous.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 11:20 PM)
I love the old days. You know what they used to do to guys like that when they were in a place like this? They'd be carried out on a stretcher, folks.

-Donald Trump

He did say he wanted to make America great again, guess he didnt realize how fast it would happen.

So please spare me with this "tolerant" left/right. Neither side is righteous.

On a "lighter" note regarding this topic, in the 'old days' if a drunk acted up at a Sox game and he got taken to the bowels of the stadium, those Chicago cops would um, let that drunk know his behavior was not appreciated. Not trying to say I approve of that, but I know some people who said you didn't want to act up at a Sox game lest you get taken away by the coppers.

How come nobody is responding to my post about the election?

I pointed out I didn't vote for either of them. I also said my hope is Trump a.) fixes Obamacare but doesn't get rid of it. We need people with pre-existing conditions to HAVE insurance. I know somebody who started her own business and now may have to find a job with a company and abandon her business just so she has insurance. She's had to take IVs every few months the past 18 years to keep her legs and arms. b.) hires GOOD PEOPLE. Folks, it's 'possible' Trump could succeed. If he hires good people? Anything is possible. c.) I forget what c was. Please respond to my comment about hiring good people.

I mean ... you can't just say, hey the world is coming to an end. I mean we elected a ruthless businessman who only cares about himself. But the alternative was a bad person, a liar, who cares only about her$elf also and her husband and daughter and son in law. Either way it would be a potential disaster. You either look forward to the POSSIBILITY of a better country/economy or give up. Like Belushi in Animal House you can't just give up.

CONCLUSION: Both candidates reeked. One of them won instead of Ventura or Bobby Hull. We move on.

So far he's hired someone who doesn't think smoking causes cancer as his running mate and early word on his cabinet is complete incompetents like Sarah Palin and Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Oh, and a climate change denier to head the EPA. Sounds like we have nothing to worry about.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 12:28 AM)
I just heard on TV the electoral college still has to officially cast its votes on Dec. 12 and it's likely they WILL change their votes to Hillary. So she's probably going to get in the White House after all.

You have to be a catfish now. Have to be.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 07:08 PM)
No you didn't.

Here it is. Electoral College can refuse to put in Trump

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/11/10/...ctoral-college/

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scena...he-white-house/

And for those who think I troll about Chelsea ... look at this. She's being prepped to run for Congress

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clint...n-for-congress/

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-chel...ressional-seat/

Maybe just maybe my posts have a shred of CORRECT futuristic thinking when a lot of you think I'm full of it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 12:22 PM)
Here it is. Electoral College can refuse to put in Trump

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/11/10/...ctoral-college/

http://nypost.com/2016/11/09/the-one-scena...he-white-house/

And for those who think I troll about Chelsea ... look at this. She's being prepped to run for Congress

http://nypost.com/2016/11/10/chelsea-clint...n-for-congress/

http://www.mediaite.com/online/report-chel...ressional-seat/

Maybe just maybe my posts have a shred of CORRECT futuristic thinking when a lot of you think I'm full of it.

Even someone like me who is a complete moron when comes to politics knows that's a thing that COULD technically happen, you said it's likely going to happen. It is not.

Edited by Rowand44