2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)
It doesn't matter what Trump said or did in comparing his actions and words to Clinton?

You are making a false equivalency between 2 things. I am differentiating between 2 things.

The danger to Democracy is making people think elections are meaningless and can't be trusted because they're rigged/stolen/bogus. The campaign statement specifically says they have no reason to suspect fraud nor do they expect the results to change. So how does that create mistrust?

Wouldn't we expect any campaign to send representatives to Wisconsin for this? Does anyone believe Donald Trump doesn't have people in Wisconsin checking this out?

So they are saying that out loud, but they doing the opposite by introducing doubt into those results by challenging results in 3 states. If you trust results, you don't introduce doubt and conspiracy by challenging them. Those two words and actions do not match up.

It is typical Clinton hypocrisy.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
So they are saying that out loud, but they doing the opposite by introducing doubt into those results by challenging results in 3 states. If you trust results, you don't introduce doubt and conspiracy by challenging them. Those two words and actions do not match up.

It is typical Clinton hypocrisy.

Jill Stein is requesting the recount in WI. That's already done. Being diligent by being part of the process isn't itself challenging results, especially when you're making it very clear you don't think there's anything wrong with them.

Your accusation only even partially works if you accept a hidden Stein-Clinton conspiracy.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
Jill Stein is requesting the recount in WI. That's already done. Being diligent by being part of the process isn't itself challenging results, especially when you're making it very clear you don't think there's anything wrong with them.

Your accusation only even partially works if you accept a hidden Stein-Clinton conspiracy.

What I think of the election results is another false equivalency. What matters here is the Clinton's involvement in undermining faith in the election results by challenging them publicly. She is doing exactly what she campaigned against, repeatedly.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
What I think of the election results is another false equivalency.

Who said anything about your opinion of the election results?

What matters here is the Clinton's involvement in undermining faith in the election results by challenging them publicly.

She's not challenging them publicly and her campaign's statement even reinforces the results by noting that no fraud has been detected.

She is doing exactly what she campaigned against, repeatedly.

Yup, I remember when Donald Trump said that if a state had a recount, he'd have representatives there to check it out.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
Who said anything about your opinion of the election results?

She's not challenging them publicly and her campaign's statement even reinforces the results by noting that no fraud has been detected.

Yup, I remember when Donald Trump said that if a state had a recount, he'd have representatives there to check it out.

She IS challenging them publicly by being involved in the recount process. Just because she is lying to the people about it, doesn't make it true.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
She IS challenging them publicly by being involved in the recount process. Just because she is lying to the people about it, doesn't make it true.

I don't agree. You're adding your own personal, uncharitable interpretation to the actual events.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)

Great post. The Clintons need to go away the problem is so does Trump.

Edited by greg775

Occam's Razor would lead us to this...

1) Hillary loses three states unexpectedly, Russian hackers have been up and down this election, groups implore her to do a recount

2) Hillary, having conceded and respecting the transfer of power, doesn't call for the recount.

3) Jill Stein, realizing that Trump is worse for her Green Party beliefs than Hillary, uses her position to call for a recount.

4) Stein raises the money because millions of Stein/Bernie/Hillary supporters are dreading a Trump presidency and want to have faith in their election, which the victor has said is rigged multiple times.

5) With a recount underway, Clinton campaign decides that'll jump in because it's already happening so might as well help out.

6) People meme photos of Hillary shouting she's a hypocrite because that's their existing stance on her and they want confirmation bias.

QUOTE (Tony @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)
If the President Elect is claiming millions of illegal votes were cast, isn't it only smart to look into things? ;)

Trump is a f***ing idiot who should have just kept his mouth shut. All he did was muddy the waters, and hit himself in the kneecaps.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 11:06 AM)
Occam's Razor would lead us to this...

1) Hillary loses three states unexpectedly, Russian hackers have been up and down this election, groups implore her to do a recount

2) Hillary, having conceded and respecting the transfer of power, doesn't call for the recount.

3) Jill Stein, realizing that Trump is worse for her Green Party beliefs than Hillary, uses her position to call for a recount.

4) Stein raises the money because millions of Stein/Bernie/Hillary supporters are dreading a Trump presidency and want to have faith in their election, which the victor has said is rigged multiple times.

5) With a recount underway, Clinton campaign decides that'll jump in because it's already happening so might as well help out.

6) People meme photos of Hillary shouting she's a hypocrite because that's their existing stance on her and they want confirmation bias.

Knowing the Clinton history of playing behind the scenes I think it is much more likely that a surrogate put Stein up to starting the process so that Hillary's campaign could have a cover to jump on it with some plausible deniability built into the process. I find it amazing that Stein was able to get not only the money, but the publicity to raise the money after being essentially ignored the entire electoral process. How does that happen?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/politics/pus...ions/index.html

Members of the GOP already being forced to turn on Trump again...

Let's see, we have Cuban-American relations completely being thrown back up into the air (what is our policy there going to be, exactly?), Native Americans protesting a pipeline that Trump owns stock in, Syria, voter fraud/recount...immigration wars now with the OSU incident and Trump's unfounded allegations, and he's not even president yet. It's only Monday.

And, oh yeah, another former Trump campaign manager in hot water for having an opinion, this time Conway on the Romney for SoS position.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/28/politics/tru...mney/index.html

Then we have Conway/Giuliani vs. Priebus/Romney vs. Bannon. Not to mention the de-facto Chief of Staff is really Kushner, with Trump being pulled in three different directions (establishment GOP, far right with Bannon and somewhere in the middle with his son-in-law). That's not going to end well for two of them.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 11:31 AM)
Knowing the Clinton history of playing behind the scenes I think it is much more likely that a surrogate put Stein up to starting the process so that Hillary's campaign could have a cover to jump on it with some plausible deniability built into the process. I find it amazing that Stein was able to get not only the money, but the publicity to raise the money after being essentially ignored the entire electoral process. How does that happen?

Social media appealing to those livid with Trump's win.

This is essentially how Bernie got his movement together.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/delta-ceo-calls-...-181824872.html

One can just about guarantee Trump will go after Delta Airlines now. Sigh.

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/rosie-odonn...-215931968.html

Or Rosie O'Donnell over the "Baron Trump might be autistic" video...with Melania threatening to sue the video's producer, who simply wanted to bring more attention to the cause (more like a PSA intent) but probably over-speculated based on Baron's mannerisms and then it started getting viewed by 3 million and Rosie jumped in as well having her own autistic child.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cuban-dumb-e...-172209145.html

Cuban: Trump is basically playing the MSM with every single "controversial" appointment...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 28, 2016 -> 12:31 PM)

Because your party nominated a white supremacist for the white house who does nothing but peddle unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, like you're doing right now, and people are panicked by the prospect?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 09:11 AM)
Because your party nominated a white supremacist for the white house who does nothing but peddle unsubstantiated conspiracy theories, like you're doing right now, and people are panicked by the prospect?

Because when "your party" does it, no one blinks, and makes excuses to justify it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Because when "your party" does it, no one blinks, and makes excuses to justify it.

It would help if Trump actually took tangible steps to unite the country...and acted more like Reagan/Lincoln than someone who is creating more and more betting pools by the day on when he'll be impeached or resign.

Try holding an unscripted press conference. Hasn't had one in four months.

Worrying more about the daily national security briefing than your DC hotel's rental rates or new real estate development projects in Mumbai and Buenos Aires would be a start.

Stop picking fights with everyone in the world on Twitter. Stop claiming you won the popular vote. Instead of thinking the Green Party wants to destroy you, imagine they're trying to actually prove that the votes that went their way aren't the reason HRC lost the election.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 11:42 AM)

So, you'd find an issue with someone floating an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory and then pointing across the aisle saying "look they do it too!" as justification for why it's ok?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
So, you'd find an issue with someone floating an unsubstantiated conspiracy theory and then pointing across the aisle saying "look they do it too!" as justification for why it's ok?

I have had plenty of issues with Trump and the GOP in general. In fact for the second election in a row I didn't vote for their Presidential candidate. I also didn't vote for their governor's candidate.

I also have a problem with the Democrats and their lies/games as well. That is the difference between you and I. I am not falling on the partisan lines for my talking points.

Irrelevant non-sequitors in an effort to trap someone into an internet win moment? Eh, sure. You keep winning the internet, but falling into line for the sake of "your party".

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
It would help if Trump actually took tangible steps to unite the country...and acted more like Reagan/Lincoln than someone who is creating more and more betting pools by the day on when he'll be impeached or resign.

Try holding an unscripted press conference. Hasn't had one in four months.

Worrying more about the daily national security briefing than your DC hotel's rental rates or new real estate development projects in Mumbai and Buenos Aires would be a start.

Stop picking fights with everyone in the world on Twitter. Stop claiming you won the popular vote. Instead of thinking the Green Party wants to destroy you, imagine they're trying to actually prove that the votes that went their way aren't the reason HRC lost the election.

He is a f***ing idiot. Trying to hold him to a standard is just a waste of time, because it isn't going to happen.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 11:05 AM)
I have had plenty of issues with Trump and the GOP in general. In fact for the second election in a row I didn't vote for their Presidential candidate. I also didn't vote for their governor's candidate.

I also have a problem with the Democrats and their lies/games as well. That is the difference between you and I. I am not falling on the partisan lines for my talking points.

Irrelevant non-sequitors in an effort to trap someone into an internet win moment? Eh, sure. You keep winning the internet, but falling into line for the sake of "your party".

Except for right now, when you're happy to float a conspiracy theory because your gut tells you so. You're more than happy to play those games as long as you don't get called on it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
Except for right now, when you're happy to float a conspiracy theory because your gut tells you so. You're more than happy to play those games as long as you don't get called on it.

After reading the posts that pass for fact on here, I honestly laughed at this.

So the tweet is bad enough, and even worse that she can't figure out that it was he was El Presidente as in President, and not present. But hey, since the left is now fond of pointing out when are leaders our attaching themselves to people who praise dictators... Meet Hillary's new buddy!

Dr. Jill Stein Verified account ‏@DrJillStein Nov 26

Fidel Castro was a symbol of the struggle for justice in the shadow of empire. Presente!

14,517 replies 2,288 retweets 3,328 likes

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 29, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
So the tweet is bad enough, and even worse that she can't figure out that it was he was El Presidente as in President, and not present. But hey, since the left is now fond of pointing out when are leaders our attaching themselves to people who praise dictators... Meet Hillary's new buddy!

Dr. Jill Stein Verified account ‏@DrJillStein Nov 26

Fidel Castro was a symbol of the struggle for justice in the shadow of empire. Presente!

14,517 replies 2,288 retweets 3,328 likes

Unless she meant to say "present!/I"m here or aqui in Spanish" instead.