Capn12

1. Carl Everett 9,150,000 Unrestricted FA

2. Magglio Ordonez 9,000,000 One more year, 14 mill

3. Bartolo Colon 8,250,000 Unrestricted FA

4. Roberto Alomar 7,689,684 Wants 2 year deal, at signifigantly less porbably

5. Paul Konerko 6,250,000 8 mill in 2004, 8.75 in 2005, 50K raise if traded

6. Jose Valentin 5,000,000 Unrestricted FA

7. Frank Thomas 5,000,000 Mutual options, gonna either cost us 6 or 8 mil

8. Billy Koch 4,250,000 6.375 mill in 2004, 6.5 mill if he pitches in 65 g.

9. Carlos Lee 4,200,000 Arbitration eligible

10. Scott Sullivan 2,800,000 3.1 mill option, or 250K buyout

11. Tom Gordon 1,400,000 Unrestricted FA

12. Sandy Alomar Jr. 700,000 Unrestricted FA

13. Tony Graffanino 675,000 Unrestricted FA

14. Kelly Wunsch 575,000 Unrestricted FA

15. Esteban Loaiza 500,000 3.5 mill team option in 2004, or 150K buyout

16. Armando Rios 450,000 Unrestricted FA

17. Brian Daubach 450,000 Unrestricted FA

18. Mark Buehrle 445,000 Arbitration eligible

19. Jon Garland 375,000 Arbitration eligible

20. Damaso Marte 330,000 Unrestricted FA

21. Dan Wright 325,000 Arbitration eligible or Restricted FA

22. Aaron Rowand 320,000 Arbitration eligible or Restricted FA

23. Joe Crede 315,000 only Arbitration eligible I think

24. Miguel Olivo 300,000 only Arbitration eligible I think

25. Josh Stewart 300,000 only Arbitration eligible I think

26. Scott Schoeneweis 1,425,000 Unrestricted FA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Team Salary : 68,949,684

OK, so if we keep the team intact, its gonna be a Payroll of at least $85,260,000. Thats with Everett at this years salary, Robbie at 5 mil, Colon at this years salary, CLee at 7 mil, Flash at 2 mil, Jose at 5mil, Buehrle at 1 mil, Garland at 800K, Marte at 800K, Wright at 400K, Schoenweis at 1 mil, and the young guys at the same salary. Obviously, this isn't gonna happen. So, my best guess is that Everett walks, clearing 9.15 Mil. Jose walks, clearing 5 mil. Daubach and Rios walk, clearing 900K. Then, I believe that Sullivan leaves, clearing 3.1 mil, but costing us 250K to buy it out. That brings us to $67,360,000. Now we'd have a couple spots to fill, but I see that as doable myself. It all hinges on Colon agreeing to the 8 mil year contract, preferrably 3 years, and Robbie at 5 mil for 2 years. It also depends on the arbitration costs. This is doable. Your thoughts?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hotsoxchick1

hmmmm...... dump botch, schow, sully, wunch, rios, wright, and that should free up a bunch of cash to keep guys like r alomar and everett...... ;)and dont foreget that s alomar will prolly be in retirement after this year or at least come back as a manager or coaching type of role......

Thing is, I'm pretty sure that Schoene will be back next year, considering what we gave up, and the fact that it is KW. And I'm positive that Koch will be back. Everett doesn't need to be back really, IMO. Thats where the real money savings are gonna come. 9.15 Mill that can be put towards Colon, and others.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Thing is, I'm pretty sure that Schoene will be back next year, considering what we gave up, and the fact that it is KW. And I'm positive that Koch will be back. Everett doesn't need to be back really, IMO. Thats where the real money savings are gonna come. 9.15 Mill that can be put towards Colon, and others.

im not counting on colon being back either..... just dont see it happening.....so thats another bunch of money you save..........

IMO, Colon at 9 or 9.5 mil is MUCH more important than Everett at any cost. I may be one of the few people that won't mind seeing Carl leave. He's done really good things while here, but he is not a necessity.

I think we need to get rid of Paulie and Koch. I think if we get rid of those two we are good to go and can actually spend some money to keep this team together.

Getting deep into the playoffs(ie getting to atleast the ALCS) would help.

Guest hotsoxchick1
IMO, Colon at 9 or 9.5 mil is MUCH more important than Everett at any cost. I may be one of the few people that won't mind seeing Carl leave. He's done really good things while here, but he is not a necessity.

oh i dont disagree with ya on that but ... im thinking that there was an underlaying agenda with the colon deal and i dont think were gonna see him here next year.....just a hunch...... ;)

I think we need to get rid of Paulie and Koch.  I think if we get rid of those two we are good to go and can actually spend some money to keep this team together. 

Easier said than done. Those 2 are responsible for 14.375 mil next year, and have been probably the least productive in most Sox fans minds this year, so of course they are the first that most people wanna get rid of. Other GMs know the same things that we do, and know that Konerko at 8 mil for this years production, and Koch at 6.375 mil for this years production aren't worth taking a shot on. They are with us in 2004, good or bad.

I think we need to get rid of Paulie and Koch.  I think if we get rid of those two we are good to go and can actually spend some money to keep this team together. 

Easier said than done. Those 2 are responsible for 14.375 mil next year, and have been probably the least productive in most Sox fans minds this year, so of course they are the first that most people wanna get rid of. Other GMs know the same things that we do, and know that Konerko at 8 mil for this years production, and Koch at 6.375 mil for this years production aren't worth taking a shot on. They are with us in 2004, good or bad.

Me, personally, I think a team would take a risk on either one of them. We ask for very little in return, and I think we could make the trades. We get another Daylon Holt or a Berry-Barry situation comes up, or someone like that, it's worth it.

Maybe take on some of their salaries as well.

geez what ever happened to barry/berry????? i almost foregot about them.......him......whatever you want to call it....... :lol:

KW made more bad trades to make you forget about it.

I mean, Todd Ritchie for cripes sake? I think that'll cover anything anyone remembered about Berry-Barry.

Guest hotsoxchick1
KW made more bad trades to make you forget about it. 

I mean, Todd Ritchie for cripes sake?  I think that'll cover anything anyone remembered about Berry-Barry.

lmao.. thanks i needed that tonite....... :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1
I would like to keep Carl, Robbie and Colon. I don't know why it's a given that JR won't spend more money, it's not that he can't afford it.

Also, I can't imagine that anyone would give up anything to get Koch.

no its not that he cant afford it .. he wont invest it.......he makes a better return on the real estate.. ;)

we gotta keep robbie, and colon. everett is out. i also think we should dump valentin and possibly seek out to get tejada.

:usa :headbang  :cheers  :headbang  :usa

:fthecubs        :fthecubs

:sosasucks

I'd rahter get Matsui from Japan....I think his name is Kazuo Matsui. All I heard about him is that he is incredibly good.

Also....thanks for the compliment on the sig.

Between Everett and Jose, thats 14.15 mill that can be spent on a SS of high caliber, a la Kazuo Matsui, or Miguel Tejada. That makes the most sense to me, although I haven't heard of the latest demands from Tejada...Jason, whats he looking for?

here's the way I see it. Colon and Everett are outta here. We have to many good minor league CF prospects to justify keeping Everett. JR won't do long term big bucks deals with pitchers. He's shown that time and time again.

Robby might be back .. that's iffy.

No Tejada or Matsui in silver and black. We's have to dump salary somewhere, star salary .... like Magglio ..... to sign one of those guys.

I can see either Magglio or Carlos leaving town before 2004, also.

To trade Konerko or Koch we'd have to take on someone's else's "bad" salaries. That serves no purpose, unless it's to replace Colon in the rotation. Something like this might happen.

Since Buehrle is AE ... I see him as potential trade bait.

Frank MAY allow the Sox to keep him at the $8 Mil option. But, he may decide he can command more and bolt to "greener" pastures.

Gordon has re-established himself as a healthy quality pitcher. May not be able to hang on to him either.

The 2004 Chicago White Sox may look like a completely different team. Whether we win it all this year or not. Too many $$$ issues to bring it back as is, or even close. JMHO

(From Phil Rogers Tuesday article)Including the full salaries for Alomar, Everett and Scott Sullivan, who are getting paid mostly by their former teams, there's about $69 million on the White Sox's books. Their payroll at the start of the season was closer to $55 million, and even that strained the Reinsdorf group.

Bulls***!!! I call bulls***. No way in hell that a $55 million payroll should be 'straining' JR and the boys. This is the type of crap that Sox fans have to put up with, and if its gonna be this way, why does JR even continue to bother? Oh, how nice would it be for someone with dedication to winning something to take over this franchise?